Phillips MK3 Octavia VRS OEM+

Phillips

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to Sharks charity RR Day yesterday. 

Came out very disappointed with the power figure of 211 when the map figures quoted 235 don’t know whether the two our drive up there along with a warm dyno room had much effect?! 

6C82B6D8-6A24-47BE-B646-4A5511569EA1.thumb.jpeg.43329a767ad43d9a17aa5f10b684e477.jpeg

FB162A7C-18FA-4B98-8132-CD46DA721F66.thumb.jpeg.f4a56b8f16de2e0bfce59b30e43d8df2.jpeg

On 23/04/2018 at 06:49, Phillips said:

Went to Sharks charity RR Day yesterday. 

Came out very disappointed with the power figure of 211 when the map figures quoted 235 don’t know whether the two our drive up there along with a warm dyno room had much effect?! 

6C82B6D8-6A24-47BE-B646-4A5511569EA1.thumb.jpeg.43329a767ad43d9a17aa5f10b684e477.jpeg

FB162A7C-18FA-4B98-8132-CD46DA721F66.thumb.jpeg.f4a56b8f16de2e0bfce59b30e43d8df2.jpeg

Did you  ask Ben why it was down on power. I know he was busy trying to get things done

58 minutes ago, Ant-Vrs said:

Did you  ask Ben why it was down on power. I know he was busy trying to get things done

No, I didn’t get chance, I was just putting it down to the warm weather but it’s a pretty big difference from quoted figures. 

Car drives lovely on the road, can’t fault the map just didn’t like the figure :D

I’ll drop them a message today. 

Edited by Phillips

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kahunajb said:

Where did you get the gloss black cover for the front splitter?

Superskoda website, I can’t seem to find the link?! 

Edited by Phillips

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

the guys at shark must have thought you had a twin exit :D didnt they notice the dummy?

It will be twin exit at some point :biggrin:

So I’ve had the 034 insert in for a week. And it’s absolutly insane! It’s made the whole car better, standing starts have been improved and the DSG down shifts  are now on another level! 

Best bit is under normal driving it’s not really noticeable after a few days. Would highly recommend fitting to a diesel :thumbup:

On other things I paid a visit to GRM Northampton for a TerraClean. I was very sceptical about it but decided to give it a try, car does seem to pick up a little quicker and seems smoother, would be interested to put it on the dyno again to see if there were any little gains from it. 

1C891850-44C1-458E-AC5B-38F51A729754.thumb.jpeg.32ad8cbcfc5626bcdb60d52f220ffee3.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phillips said:

So I’ve had the 034 insert in for a week. And it’s absolutly insane! It’s made the whole car better, standing starts have been improved and the DSG down shifts  are now on another level! 

Best bit is under normal driving it’s not really noticeable after a few days. Would highly recommend fitting to a diesel :thumbup:

On other things I paid a visit to GRM Northampton for a TerraClean. I was very sceptical about it but decided to give it a try, car does seem to pick up a little quicker and seems smoother, would be interested to put it on the dyno again to see if there were any little gains from it. 

1C891850-44C1-458E-AC5B-38F51A729754.thumb.jpeg.32ad8cbcfc5626bcdb60d52f220ffee3.jpeg

James is a top bloke, he did the mapping on mine.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dubbsley said:

James is a top bloke, he did the mapping on mine.

Yeah very friendly service, would definitely go back for other things. 

Just had a good read, lovely looking car mate well done on the mods.

I have been doing similar things with mine, just currently working through the Lowering springs or Reiger rear diffuser debate at the moment :D

pixlr_20180606020540564.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pittsy said:

Just had a good read, lovely looking car mate well done on the mods.

I have been doing similar things with mine, just currently working through the Lowering springs or Reiger rear diffuser debate at the moment :D

What did you cover your front VRS badge with? Plasti dip spray? 

Also did you powder coat the exhaust tips?

I'll be going the coilovers route so i can adjust the rear for towing however I'm getting a little impatient and am contemplating just springs for now until I have the cash available.

Edited by Phillips

9 hours ago, Phillips said:

What did you cover your front VRS badge with? Plasti dip spray? 

Also did you powder coat the exhaust tips?

I'll be going the coilovers route so i can adjust the rear for towing however I'm getting a little impatient and am contemplating just springs for now until I have the cash available.

I brought some primer, Black Magic paint and some 2k Laquer which I was assured would be up to the job for the exhaust tips, they came up really well and are still looking good.

Whilst I had the paint out I rubbed down the front VRS badge, primed it, painted it and laquered it:thumbup:

I am saving up for either springs or diffuser, not sure which is going to be 1st yet...