DTUK Pedal Box

I am in the process of parting with 180 rubs  for a DTUK pedal box. I have the CRD 3 tuning box from DTUK and was looking for anyone with any experiences with the  pedal box.

Im happy with the tuning box but just wanted to hear of any experiences good or bad before i take the plunge . Im running the 184 diesel obviously with the DTUK box on a MY2016. 

Edited by arnold

Heard nothing but good reviews.

Had one fitted on my Saab 9-3 Turbo X & made a massive difference. Used Sport setting, as Sport + was too damn responsive & made it undriveable for everyday driving.

• Like 1

I've done a  bit of research and that is nice to hear. I've only seen one review on briskoda  so I may well do some sort of update when I go for it. I had the fly by wire plug off this evening which was

easy. Fitting looks a 5 minute job. 

Well the pedal box will make just as much of a positive difference as the tuning box did.

No theres no more power available by the pedalbox just makes the car so much more fun to drive & use everyday. You will wonder why the hell you didn't buy it early

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

I fitted one a few weeks ago, it completely removed the 'dead' travel in the accelerator pedal. I've got it set on sport plus 2 and it's great. Took less than 5 minutes to fit. 

My only complaint is that I'm getting a new car in a few weeks....long story! I keep meaning to ring Andrew to see if I can get it to fit the new car. 

• Like 1

With so much problems with my car over the years, I simply cannot cope with constant process of removing the box every time I have to visit the stealers. If I had to do this for the pedal box as well, I think I would give up on life.. Next time its a remap for me, I dont care even if I get TD1. Good luck with your pedal box.

months in but 

8 hours ago, toni8b said:

With so much problems with my car over the years, I simply cannot cope with constant process of removing the box every time I have to visit the stealers. If I had to do this for the pedal box as well, I think I would give up on life.. Next time its a remap for me, I dont care even if I get TD1. Good luck with your pedal box.

Sorry to hear that mate. I must say i have had the Mk1 , Mk2 and the Mk3  VRS and a Fabia Mk2 VRS   thrown in and i can now honestly say the MK3 is by far the  best of the bunch. Im only 9 months in but it just feels a more solid beast.Other than being a bit of a hard ride i love it hence spending a few quid on it. I always felt it was a bit under powered but transformed by DTUK and im hoping the same with the pedal box. I even bought a vcds lead after 12 years with skoda and that is saying something for me. If you think the MK3 Octavia is unreliable check out the mk2 Fabia VRS . I have never spent do much time at the dealers with a car. Period.

Well .... It came a day late but worth the wait. Ten minute install.  When everyone says how it transforms the car it really does. I bought the Pedal box plus which has a standard setting i.e stock then City mode with 3 settings , sport setting with  3 settings . So sport then  1,2,3 settings . Then onto Sport plus with the same  settings.  

It really has turned the car into a monster . I haven't really messed with the Tuning box settings other than dropping from 2 + 2  to 1 +1 and i think its definitely more controllable when its toned down a bit. It reminds me of when i got a revo on my Mk1 Octavia VRS 12 Years ago. Amazing what they have done with this. 

Edited by arnold
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 21:59, toni8b said:

The pedal box is tucked up under the dash, turn it off & nobody will ever know

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arnold said:

Well .... It came a day late but worth the wait. Ten minute install.  When everyone says how it transforms the car it really does. I bought the Pedal box plus which has a standard setting i.e stock then sport setting with a plus button to increase by 3. So sport then  1,2,3 settings . Then onto Sport plus with the same  settings. 

It really has turned the car into a monster . I haven't really messed with the Tuning box settings other than dropping from 2 + 2  to 1 +1 and i think its definitely more controllable when its toned down a bit. It reminds me of when i got a revo on my Mk1 Octavia VRS 12 Years ago. Amazing what they have done with this. 

Don't bother telling people or you'll get the old "WOT" can't be bettered but, us users know

Enjoy your new feeling car

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Exactly. Mines in the coin tray to the side of your right knee . Tucks away nicely. I will keep it on when it goes in for service just take the tuning box off.

5 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Likewise the tuning box is tucked under the bonnet. If they don't open the bonnet, nobody will ever know.

Taking about DTUK box, yesterday I limp mode happened again (few times over the years) on 1+2 setting. Not sure why it happens in very rare occasions, but still not a pleasant feeling when you go for an overtake and suddenly you have no power. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, toni8b said:

Likewise the tuning box is tucked under the bonnet. If they don't open the bonnet, nobody will ever know.

Taking about DTUK box, yesterday I limp mode happened again (few times over the years) on 1+2 setting. Not sure why it happens in very rare occasions, but still not a pleasant feeling when you go for an overtake and suddenly you have no power. 

My box did it in the first week i had it but not since. Something to do with boost when i did a scan and the only way i could get rid was to tone the box down from +3 setting. All good since . I think you would struggle to find the pedalbox was fitted in mine other than if you had to get under the dash to physically look at the accelerator. My cables all tucked behind the trim and into the coin box to the right of the steering wheel . With the box set to neutral your back to normal.    

Ok, just so this post makes sense can someone explain what a DTUK tuning box is, where and how it's fitted, what difference it makes and the different settings?

Similarly with the pedal box.

4 hours ago, 64VRS said:

Ok, just so this post makes sense can someone explain what a DTUK tuning box is, where and how it's fitted, what difference it makes and the different settings?

Similarly with the pedal box.

The 2 channel DTUK tuning box basically acts as a piggy back ecu & "spoofs" the system into adding more boost & fuel. They connect to the fuel rail & boost pressure sensor.

More boost & fuel means more power & torque.

The 3 channel tuning box also takes in consideration the cam positioning.

You can select various "maps" & stages of how the power is delivered.

The pedal box sharpens & amplifies the signal from the throttle pedal, but doesn't increase power or torque.

Edited by Jon TDI
Because I can't spell!
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, toni8b said:

Have seen this happen before on various VAG cars before & the only simular factor was that the cars weren't upto operatting temp before being asked for WOT.

Let the oil temp get over 75 deg.C & none of the cars threw an EPC or limp mode if you prefer

On 2017-5-15 at 18:49, buck890 said:

They are a good bit of kit, highly recommend, i won one on here when i had my mk3 TDI VRS and transferred it over to my 230.

Is yours manual or dsg?

Edited by Johnski21
Dam spell checker!