vRS245 ordered club

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:10, Ursicles said:

Any reason you went for a remap rather than a DTUK tuning box?

When i get mine i want to 'upgrade' it as well, so looking at what folks are doing.  Though mine will be a lease, so think tuning box for me is easier, and resellable after potentially.

Yeah went for re-map because the difference is like buying a suit from Primark or Saville Row. My £400 jacket made in Milan Italy is over 20 years old and still feels special and as new. Quality will always be Quality and second my car isn't rented/leased.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:30, JuanGandini said:

Is a tuning box not detectable then? My car is a lease but I thought we're not allowed to modify the car without prior consent from the finance company. 

No one in their right mind would rent a car from Avis and waste money modifying it would they. It's like renting a house which is a complete waste of money.

6 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah but it won't be worth eight grand more will it.

Depends on the spec. My Golf R is 39,915 and in to years time it'll be worth around 25. The vrs I ordered was around 32 new I think and in 2 years they said it'll be worth around 18 at my mileage. Makes them about even, hence it was only £20 a month more for the golf in my spec, worth it alone for the 4wd let alone the extra power.

1 minute ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Depends on the spec. My Golf R is 39,915 and in to years time it'll be worth around 25. The vrs I ordered was around 32 new I think and in 2 years they said it'll be worth around 18 at my mileage. Makes them about even, hence it was only £20 a month more for the golf in my spec, worth it alone for the 4wd let alone the extra power.

Didn't you previously state that you work for Audi so the Golf would presumbly fall under the VW company car scheme..

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/forum/28-vw-golf-r-mk7-chat/

here you go mate.

not meaning to be nasty, but the golf r is not a direct comparison to any of the octavia range, in spec or price, so comparisons are not really relevant.

Edited by stepdavi

'Worth!' 

or is that what they would pay you in cash money if you own the car and step in to sell it to them without taking another new car, 

ie not trading in.

They have 2 'worths'  what they want to buy a car for then the couple of thousand quid more that it is going to be advertised for.

As to Golf R's that are going to be getting returned into the Dealers / VW Group Used car market that were Leased under the cheap deals, 

like the Skoda, Audi, Seat Hot Hatches, it will be interesting to see just what they are 'worth' at 3 years and 4 years old as there are a glut of them used.

Still cheap finance / leasing is available to temp people rather than buying a 3 year old Warm or Hot hatch never raced or rallied and on Variable Servicing.

eg Never had much done before back on sale as a Used car.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 17:26, Muzza80 said:

Not so, the 245 (engine code DLBA) has exactly the same base engine as the previous 220 and 230, it also uses the same IS20 turbo, the differences are ECU and fuelling only.

I have the official specification downloaded directly from VAG erWin just last week.

The R / S3 / Cupra 280 & 300 have a different base engine, the differences are minor though, they do however all run the larger IS38 turbo.

Not to say the TSI VRS engine cant handle more power, it can comfortably take a lot more, there are many many MK7 Golf's running much more power and even IS38 turbo's on golfmk7.com, very few issues if any.

It's a great engine and there's huge room for tuning.

If one member is running a 276bhp Superb at nearly 520bhp reliably then a re-map isn't going to cause any concerns. Most manufacturers build about 80% tolerance so that a car with 100bhp could be tuned to 180bhp without going bang. Just look at the power Ford extracted from the 1 litre turbo engine in the Fiesta/Focus when they put it in a Formula Ford single seater racer.

19 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Didn't you previously state that you work for Audi so the Golf would presumbly fall under the VW company car scheme..

I wish it did, you can't buy group cars under the scheme (if you could I'd have a Porsche) and our boss won't let anyone on it even if we want an Audi. If he did I'd have an S4 avant for 350 pcm, no deposit.

16 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

'Worth!' 

or is that what they would pay you in cash money if you own the car and step in to sell it to them without taking another new car, 

ie not trading in.

They have 2 'worths'  what they want to buy a car for then the couple of thousand quid more that it is going to be advertised for.

As to Golf R's that are going to be getting returned into the Dealers / VW Group Used car market that were Leased under the cheap deals, 

like the Skoda, Audi, Seat Hot Hatches, it will be interesting to see just what they are 'worth' at 3 years and 4 years old as there are a glut of them used.

Still cheap finance / leasing is available to temp people rather than buying a 3 year old Warm or Hot hatch never raced or rallied and on Variable Servicing.

eg Never had much done before back on sale as a Used car.

Worth is simply figures quoted from VWFS. To me the Golf is easily woth 20 quid a month extra.

18 minutes ago, stepdavi said:

here you go mate.

not meaning to be nasty, but the golf r is not a direct comparison to any of the octavia range, in spec or price, so comparisons are not really relevant.

Im a member there, they don't talk as much as you boys so it's always fun to see what you lot are up to :)

17 minutes ago, stepdavi said:

here you go mate.

Did you know if you pay VW an extra two grand when you order your Golf R they will allow you to drive at 166mph in the hatch and 167mph in the estate because the estate has better aerodynamics. However the Octavia being longer and lower has better aero than both so similar power should result in higher top speed.

7 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Im a member there, they don't talk as much as you boys so it's always fun to see what you lot are up to :)

I have done many track days in my 34years driving including Brands Hatch, Silverstone ,Croft, Oulton Park and Donington Park to name a few and have overtaken many more powerful cars because some owners only modify their cars to take them to the local supermarket on a Saturday night and would not know  a racing line from an apex.

'Should' 'Could' 'Might',  but then the estate might be more affected by side / cross winds, the stiffer rear suspension and no load carried,

and the crap tyre the VW Group fit as standard.

Audi gave the owners of RS3 the option of Wider Front Tyres.

It is all about kidology really in the UK on the Public Road or Track.

The Brake Fluid gets too hot too soon, and as it is the speed available if you floor the accelerator will take you to double the UK NSL.

You can enter corners quick, and some even come out of then with the nose facing forward even though Skoda are not into doing much about having 'Sport' suspension, much handling or anything special from any showroom models.

Plenty talk though of Motorsport Heritage and Motor Sport Success.

Edited by AwaoffSki

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 18:05, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

The golf will be worth more in a couple of years, usually by a similar difference hence the monthly costs are usually very similar.

I wonder if a 40K Golf will be worth say 30K after 3 years and 28,000 miles because my wife's Spaceback lost exactly £10,100 between April 2015 and January 2018.

8 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I have done many track days in my 34years driving including Brands Hatch, Silverstone ,Croft, Oulton Park and Donington Park to name a few and have overtaken many more powerful cars because some owners only modify their cars to take them to the local supermarket on a Saturday night and would not know  a racing line from an apex.

Agreed, I'm not into mods personally. I have also done a fair few track days and will be doing plenty more with my new employer this year. Those little Clio 182s are super quick.

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I wonder if a 40K Golf will be worth say 30K after 3 years and 28,000 miles because my wife's Spaceback lost exactly £10,100 between April 2015 and January 2018.

I was lead to believe it'll loose around 15k over 2 years and 30k miles. Never mind, its just a car, all white goods cars like these loose money. I'll keep this until the mk8 Golf R estate is out then swap to that. That's the plan anyway.

1 hour ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

At least your estate will be 1mph faster than the hatch if you paid the extra to have the top speed limit removed.

1 hour ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

True story once worked with a former car salesman at Santander (the bank) and everyone knew he used to be a car salesperson because he did a lot of talking but never actually did any work.

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

'Should' 'Could' 'Might',  but then the estate might be more affected by side / cross winds, the stiffer rear suspension and no load carried,

and the crap tyre the VW Group fit as standard.

Audi gave the owners of RS3 the option of Wider Front Tyres.

It is all about kidology really in the UK on the Public Road or Track.

The Brake Fluid gets too hot too soon, and as it is the speed available if you floor the accelerator will take you to double the UK NSL.

You can enter corners quick, and some even come out of then with the nose facing forward even though Skoda are not into doing much about having 'Sport' suspension, much handling or anything special from any showroom models.

Plenty talk though of Motorsport Heritage and Motor Sport Success.

Very good point about quality tyres because Pirelli P Zeroes on my VRS245 but noticed Audi starting to fit sexy Korean Hankook tyres on their latest models. Doubt whether my company car driving brother will be too impressed when he replaces his current A6 S line as he works for a well known German engineering company.

57 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Agreed, I'm not into mods personally. I have also done a fair few track days and will be doing plenty more with my new employer this year. Those little Clio 182s are super quick.

Had a good friend sadly no longer with us who would embarrass Clio 182 boy racers away from the lights in Merecedes E300 automatic diesel as they revved their engines waiting for the lights to change. It was very funny, his other car was a Porsche 924.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Had a good friend sadly no longer with us who would embarrass Clio 182 boy racers away from the lights in Merecedes E300 automatic diesel as they revved their engines waiting for the lights to change. It was very funny, his other car was a Porsche 924.

Good to see I have lost my NEWBIE cherry thanks to Audi Super Saleman Jay.

1 hour ago, stepdavi said:

here you go mate.

I know according to Jay you pay £11,000 more for the extra 64bhp, cheap I suppose unless you spend £500 on your Skoda and get a re-map.