Trafic Jam Assist

I wonder why the new octavia 3 FL does not have the option of trafic jam assist, the new leon has that option. If i have DSG, ACC, lane assist and blind spot detect, is it possible to enable in VCDS ??

Traffic jam assist is where the car drives itself in stop-start traffic. No internet required. Besides, the traffic alerts you're talking about come over an FM frequency. 

• Like 1

Yes i know, and my question was.

5 hours ago, Rschmidt79 said:

I wonder why the new octavia 3 FL does not have the option of trafic jam assist, the new leon has that option. If i have DSG, ACC, lane assist and blind spot detect, is it possible to enable in VCDS ??

If my Octavia has all options in sensors, Dsg and so on, is it possible to activate it in VCDS? It's the same sensors in the new seat Leon, and it has TJA. 

I think the reason is that the Leon has auto hold and the Octavia does not. As far as I'm aware TJA needs that. The Superb has auto hold and has TJA. 

1 hour ago, vinom said:

I think the reason is that the Leon has auto hold and the Octavia does not. As far as I'm aware TJA needs that. The Superb has auto hold and has TJA. 

The new Octavia with DSG has auto hill hold as well..

Edited by Rschmidt79

Auto hold is the electric handbrake which the Leon got but the Octavia didn't at facelift.

They have to hold some tech back to keep Skoda cheaper and give VW a reason for the price premium.

Surprised the Leon got it as its a similar price to the Octavia.

That could be it off cause, but I don't think it's breaking with the handbrake? And if auto hold is using the normal breake, is only a software thing I think.. Octavia is already using the breake with the Dynamic cruise control, and it can make a full stop if the traffic stops on the highway, its just need too hold the brake, and start again, how hard can it be :) 

Of course you are right and I asked myself the same question as well some time ago. Maybe some day it will be possible to do it via VCDS. Also, Lane Assist begins working at 65 km/h so that would have to change as well to get TJA working.

From my understanding the DCC uses the ABS pump to stop the car, then on electric handbrake cars it uses this to hold it. For the O3 to hold, it would be relying on the ABS pump and burn it out.

Also a bit dangerous trying to activate a safety item like this. If it doesn't work and hits another car/person you're liable.

If it's that important buy a car with it on.

20 minutes ago, glosrich said:

Also a bit dangerous trying to activate a safety item like this. If it doesn't work and hits another car/person you're liable.

If it's that important buy a car with it on.

You are absolutely right and i will not enable it, if its isn't possible to do right. Second, I know and its just a bit stupid, but i though that TJA was a part of Dynamic Cruise Control the same assistent system, and if i had known maybe i had bought another car.. 

With or without TJA, im still happy with my brand new Octavia with almost all options :) 

Same situation here, haha. I ordered the car and a couple of weeks later I noticed TJA was not available for the Octavia, while it is for the Leon. Even though we don't have a real TJA, the ACC is already a huge relief in traffic jams and you only have to steer a bit as long as the car is driving, even at very very low speed. When you come to a standstill and the car in front of you starts driving I think you only have to lift the ACC handle again and then it goes again. So it's something :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

how do you know if the TJA was engaged? I know when the adaptive line guidance work, but the car would not drive off by itself, if its mode than 3s stop? Thanks for help