Current Lease due for Inspection while awaiting Kodiaq?

My kodiaq is due for delivery hopefully on the 1st of July however my current lease on my Octavia Scout would have come to an end in the 2nd week of June, however due to the Kodiaq delivery date, I have had to extend the lease by a month.

I have just had a 14 day reminder come on my Scout to advise of its first service, which would have occurred after the date I returned the car but now it is due in the extension of the lease!
It doesn't make sense for me paying £150 for the service and then only having the car for 2 more weeks prior to returning it!

Any suggestions of getting out of it apart from returning it?

Duplicate of the thread you posted on Saturday?

Personally I think you should just get it done. You say the Kodiaq is due "hopefully" at the beginning of July. What if it's delayed and you need to extend the lease further?

One service in 2 years isn't bad going...

Edited by ahenners

I suspect the leasing company will sting you for more than the service cost if they find it hasn't been done. Not helped by the fact the car will tell them it hasn't been done.

• Like 1

Does your order form for the Kodiaq specify a delivery date on it that was prior to the lease on your Scout ending?

If it does, then call Customer Services at Skoda CS and explain politely that whilst you don't mind paying the extra month on your lease, you do object to a service cost that you wouldn't have had to incur if the Kodiaq had been delivered as per your contract.

You should be able to get Skoda to pay the dealer directly to perform the service.

Slightly off topic but I was just wondering if it was much hassle to extend your lease by a month? This is my 1st one due to end in Jan 18 and that's my only worry with pch come replacement time to ensure delivery time of the new car is on time but having the back up of knowing I could extend current lease for a month if need be would be reassuring

Not usually a problem to change the exact collection date, but may be charged a whole month even if it is just a part month.  

Suggest you ring your lease company and check as every company might do things slightly differently.  If your replacement is through same company then likely to be more flexible so they can do a direct changeover, with same driver who delivers, collecting old car.