SEL drive mirrors

berr0010

About to get a new Yeti SEL drive in candy white. excites and a bit apprehensive. Replacing a pug 3008 which has been a great car for 4 years. looked at the new Ateca and not that impressed. New 3008 is silly money at 2.0 diesel spec. Anyway my question is do the SEL drive mirrors fold in ?  

• Like 1

I got mine a week ago, and there is a setting on the mirror adjust switch to fold mine in.

You can fold them in by using the mirror adjust switch, you can also fold them in by holding the lock button on the remote control for 3 seconds. Useful for parking the car, they re-open automatically when you restart the car.

I have an SE-L Drive 1 month old and mine fold, came as standard, just hold the lock button down

Mine don't fold when you keep the lock button pressed on the remote and can't remember seeing on option in settings. I'll check again later today. 

Look at the door mirror adjustment knob on the drivers door. There should be a position you rotate the knob to that folds the mirrors. Experiment by turning the knob to each position. Mirrors should fold when you get to the right position. Not sure if you need ignition on or not.

SEL Drive definitely has heated, electric folding mirrors as standard. Mine fold when holding the button but I only really use it when parrallel parking in narrow streets with cars double parked.

They're a gimmick on the Yeti though IMO. They're that small if anyone is close enough to hit your mirrors they'll likely cause more damage elsewhere like the front wings.

2 hours ago, TeeDeeEye said:

Mine don't fold when you keep the lock button pressed on the remote and can't remember seeing on option in settings. I'll check again later today. 

Has one of your windows lost the one touch function?
If it has the mirrors will not fold from the fob.
To reset close the window let go of the switch then hold the switch up for about 3 seconds.
The window should then be reset and your mirrors will fold on the fob with about a 3 second press when locking (if the windows are closed)

To fold from the switch it's easiest to see with the door open, 7 o'clock position.

Mirror_switch[1].jpg

• Like 3

Usually if they won't fold using the lock button the windows require resetting.

Try holding the unlock button to see which one doesn't open (check in the maxi dot that the all windows option is ticked)

My bad, moved switch to folding mirror position and it works. Didn't realise it was there at the 7 o'clock position - thanks Urrell.

The Skoda manual gives a poor explanation but thanks to the forum I now have folding mirrors, although whether I'll use them is another matter :-)

• Like 2