Window Regulator replacement

Hi,

I have a very low KM 2012 Skoda Superb  ~450,000km 

anyway, the window regulator broke in the passenger *front left* *I'm Australian* and the part number on the plate was 3T0837401B. Now my local dealer couldn't even find the item. Then proceeded to tell me that it had been superseded. But wouldn't actually tell me the new complete part number.

He then proceeded to tell me that they will not have any stock in Australia to end of July.... :D maybe

I did get out of him that the last 3 digits of the new part number end in 461. 3T0837461a. I find one and order. 2 weeks later it arrives, turns on that there is NO information on how to replace the regulator for the mk2 superb. I have taken some pictures but most of the time was spent swearing, especially with all the chrome trim etc. Put it all back together and everything fits. But when I put up the window it does not reach the very top there is a good 25mm *2 inches* worth of space. Now is there some way to reset the height the regulator can go? or is the part faulty some how?

This video 

Helped as did this link

http://nackuk.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/repair-skoda-superb-window.html

Cheers

Cain

Edited by Cain0z

• 1 year later...

Hi.

I'm stuck as I can't find any instructions for doing this on the the Superb 11.

I took off the  only to find that the plate that the window motor is attached to is behind the inner leaf of the door panel and too big to remove through the cut-out!

Sounds like I have to remove all the trim from the window surround, take the motor etc off the front of the plate, take the plate out from the slot at the top of the window to replace the wire. Here's a photo of where I got to. Any help would be gratefully received!

IMG_20190411_170030.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this is an old post but I’ve just completed this job on my mk2 estate front passenger window in around two hours and that’s with no previous experience at this job and basic tools.

I brought the part from eBay at £26 and the fitment is perfect.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-SUPERB-FRONT-LEFT-PASSENGER-SIDE-WINDOW-REGULATOR-WITH-PANEL-2008-2015/392443860275?hash=item5b5f7a1533:g:h-EAAOSwDrpdim2B

The linked video pretty much covers all you need to know. Two additions being that there are two of those retaining clips holding the glass to the window “runners”.

The second is relating to removing and replacing the regulator. Once you’ve removed the glass you’ll need to remove the 4 bolts holding the “runners”, then the bolts holding the metal plate in place. After that’s done give the plate a bit of a thump to free it from the skin and wiggle it and the runners out the hole the plate was screwed to making a mental not how to twist the new regulators cables to line the new runners up.

Honestly guys this job is a piece of ****. Give yourself a few hours and take your time. Good luck. 👍

• 4 months later...
On 16/09/2020 at 15:00, Chris300 said:

I know this is an old post but I’ve just completed this job on my mk2 estate front passenger window in around two hours and that’s with no previous experience at this job and basic tools.

I brought the part from eBay at £26 and the fitment is perfect.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-SUPERB-FRONT-LEFT-PASSENGER-SIDE-WINDOW-REGULATOR-WITH-PANEL-2008-2015/392443860275?hash=item5b5f7a1533:g:h-EAAOSwDrpdim2B

The linked video pretty much covers all you need to know. Two additions being that there are two of those retaining clips holding the glass to the window “runners”.

The second is relating to removing and replacing the regulator. Once you’ve removed the glass you’ll need to remove the 4 bolts holding the “runners”, then the bolts holding the metal plate in place. After that’s done give the plate a bit of a thump to free it from the skin and wiggle it and the runners out the hole the plate was screwed to making a mental not how to twist the new regulators cables to line the new runners up.

Honestly guys this job is a piece of ****. Give yourself a few hours and take your time. Good luck. 👍

I have 1 OSF (UK drivers) from that seller £35 and a 2nd from another seller £34, both in identical boxes

knowing yours was all good gives me confidence

Skoda/VW have no UK stock (£160 each)

i also bought 2 used window motors just in case .................

Come and fit mine, ill pay £100

Edited by lichfielddriver

3 hours ago, lichfielddriver said:

I have 1 OSF (UK drivers) from that seller £35 and a 2nd from another seller £34, both in identical boxes

knowing yours was all good gives me confidence

Skoda/VW have no UK stock (£160 each)

i also bought 2 used window motors just in case .................

Come and fit mine, ill pay £100

Where are you based mate? I’m in Langstone, near Havant in Hampshire. If you want to pop over I’d be happy to sort it out for you. 👍

5 hours ago, Chris300 said:

Where are you based mate? I’m in Langstone, near Havant in Hampshire. If you want to pop over I’d be happy to sort it out for you. 👍

Burton on trent (almost) , bit too far

BTW, i looked on that sellers feedback and items sold, they sell a huge amount of regulators for winders....

good feedback too

fingers crossed

10 hours ago, lichfielddriver said:

Burton on trent (almost) , bit too far

BTW, i looked on that sellers feedback and items sold, they sell a huge amount of regulators for winders....

good feedback too

fingers crossed

No problem mate. If you do decide to give it a go yourself I’d be happy to take a video call to help you with areas you get stuck with. But in all honesty, once you get started is all becomes very clear. 👍

• 1 year later...

Just completed this today also, yup I expected rivets but no its all bolts.

Things to note

- PN for the regulator unit (without motor) for RHD Drivers Side 2012 3T0837462A

- when you take the door card off, you will need to remove the edge trip against the window on the inside. This for me made removing the window easier once it was freed from the regulator.

- buy a few door trim clips when you are getting your regulator, P/N is 6Q0868243 (7L6868243 will also work, just needs a piece trimmed off) - you will most likely break some

- you need to cover up the holes in the sticky foam circle pads over the 4 bolts which hold the regulator guides inside the door. Water will get into that space, want to try and keep in inside the door.

• Like 1

I actually added sound deadening and used lots of furniture feet stickers, in places doubling them. My car was suffering from bad panel rattle, in fact still am despite my best to deaden everything. 

Its easy once you know how, i managed to destroy 1st regulator but pushing glass down. As long as the pins holding glass are in place properly will be good as new

That's a point which I couldn't get from the videos or even maint. manual.

You have to put the sleeve/lock pin in place in the glass as it's out of the car, but when pushing back into the new regulator in the door, you have the push it down to have it clip into the regulator holders...or was there another way?

No definitely don't do that. 

Before installing you have to set window up to have access to the locking pins. If you move the regulator up or down you mush the cables inside the regulator mechanism. Once the pins are on you can move window up or down to align the screws to secure regulator metal sheet. 

Access is tight

• 2 months later...
On 11/03/2022 at 20:03, Phily said:

That's a point which I couldn't get from the videos or even maint. manual.

You have to put the sleeve/lock pin in place in the glass as it's out of the car, but when pushing back into the new regulator in the door, you have the push it down to have it clip into the regulator holders...or was there another way?

I am at the point of trying to get the pins back in the glass…..tried it via the holes in the door ones all aligned but I cannot get the pins in and to stay when trying to get the locking pin in it all pushes through…..not tried the above way of putting the pins in the glass first….makes sense is this the way to do it do ? do have to pin the holder in place as you push down? Or is this a No No…comment below says not to do it?

any help on how to get pins in front drivers door would be appreciated.

It is better to put them in first and spread the tangs a little for it to stick in there, or you could improvise this time with something like superglue or putty etc and deal with it properly if it fails later on. Now you will have to try and get it in and hold with your finger whilst inserting pin. It shouldn't fall through, but if it does then thats when i would improvise. 

But be sure it is seated because if it loosens and pops out later it will be a new regulator by the time you find out. 

• Like 1

I inserted the large outer pin and then used some lubricant on the smaller pin which i pushed onto  a long bolt (m5 if i recall) with a nut at the depth of the small pin which pushed it through easily.

288997842_20211105_105434-Copy.thumb.jpg.62dcae605057b418d854f68a7c209b13.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to you info got round to completing job today, went for the put them in the window first and went well..had to give the window a firm bump down while holding the carrier still and clicked in…putting back together went well and no left over screws which is a bonus😀

Thanks again for advice 👍

• 3 months later...

What a badly designed faff!!!!! Beginning to understand why modern car mechanics need to be like gynecologists!! Note to all car manufacturers & regulators - insist that all car designers work on the  cars they design for at least 6 months & have at least 1 years mechanics training in the workplace before actually designing ANYTHING!!! Still to fit the new regulator & not looking forward to it!! 

• 10 months later...
On 27/01/2021 at 11:14, lichfielddriver said:

been quoted £110-£130 to fit

there are several help videos on youtube

The part crosses many VAG cars (brand and model)

Give the weather and my lack of will, ill not touch it myself

Just giving this a go myself. The video you linked is to an Octavia - the Superb doesn't have any rivets, just TX30 bolts.

Using the document @superbdreams kindly gave me it's been a breeze to get the regulator out - I'm now struggeling to get the runners back in. Feels like one of the cable sheaths is too short but it's not - same size as the one I removed!