Delivery Timescales

On 10/07/2018 at 22:08, RDVantage said:

What's your fuel consumption like?  I find leaving the dsg in d rather than manual really lowers it averaging around 35 mpg after 100 miles

See my repeated posts re fuel consumption,

Must have been the diesel desperation anxiety caused the obsession

1 hour ago, 181ce said:

FFS there's nothing wrong with that colour

It's a nice car

Mine is the very very uncommon quartz grey BTW at least you showed a bit of individualism

I didn't mean there was anything wrong with the colour, just the spec was the same as I've ordered, but a different colour 

I've gone for Quartz Grey, same as you 

It's all groovy 

• Like 2

I've ordered some bits from superskoda already! Front mud flaps, rear bumper protector (black), door sill covers (black), rubber boot mat (... black). 140euro all in.

:)

• Like 1

Yeah not as long as first predicted by the dealer but it will be without the digital dash as it can’t be added to my order because the UK configuration isn’t available yet and to get it would mean cancelling my order and then ordering again when the digital dash is available which would mean waiting another 3.5 months for delivery!

17 minutes ago, Nescafe1 said:

Yeah not as long as first predicted by the dealer but it will be without the digital dash as it can’t be added to my order because the UK configuration isn’t available yet and to get it would mean cancelling my order and then ordering again when the digital dash is available which would mean waiting another 3.5 months for delivery!

You can order the digital dash but they are only available wirh MY19 cars which won’t Be available for 3 months.  The cost is already known to dealers as it’s an option on the Octy MY19 cars

Mine is a MY19 car being build week 32 when the factory reopens, I was told it was £450 and it could be added but when the dealer spoke to Skoda they were told it can’t be added yet due to the configuration tool not being able to add it. So it looks like all early MY19 cars of which mine will be one of the first off the production line won’t be able to add the digital dash. I have ordered the Octavia 1.5 tsi DSG SEL estate 

WARNING for those getting MY19 spec cars

Has been reported elsewhere that not all WLTP testing has been done.  So although your car may be built, if testing isn’t complete for that variant, won’t be able to take delivery until it is.  (Nothing to stop them being built, and stockpiled, the rules apply to selling them)

Therefore if you are asking for build week updates, is sensible to ask if WLTP is complete for that variant

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I waited some 18wks for a factory options mk3 Fabia & that was long enough ,but its worth it , when it does EVENTUALLY arrive...oh that NEW car smell theres nothing quite like it is there ?

Yes, the wait is worth it in the end I'm sure. My current car is a Fabia Estate Monte Carlo which was ex-demo so no wait at all. At least I shall enjoy driving it for the rest of the year. It's a great car but we felt we needed a bit more elbow room. No more of that awkward moment when you both try to do up your seat belt at the same time!

• Haha 1