Karoq compared to Yeti

awfabia

Interesting article answering some of my questions about my potential next car. Still in love with Yeti for a comfortable, practical, economic and individualistic car. Slightly disappointed with several mechanical defects repaired under warranty and heated seat NOT repaired under warranty as it failed just after 3 years. 

https://www.whatcar.com/news/skoda-karoq-vs-skoda-yeti/

Back to Karoq.   My only reservation is that Skoda ( probably forced on them by VAG having to save money after 'Dieselgate') have gone the 'russian doll' styling route like BMW.

Karoq seems like a mildly made over Seat Ateca ( not a bad car - also made in a Skoda factory) and a scaled down Kodiaq, lazy design, if you ask me.

My ideal car isn't currently available, I'd like a petrol, plug-in hybrid, Skoda small SUV if possible. Please?

IMG_20170425_093011.jpg

More likely having to make better profits from more sales globally due to the Yeti not having been a great success sales wise no matter Skoda CZ saying that 

850,000- 900,000 produced / delivered is a success in this class of vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...

The Yeti has been a huge success for Skoda and even after the granddad facelift it still managed to be a high seller especially in Europe. I don`t get the dropping of the name for Karoq just to Alaskanize it with Kodiaq. What will they do with the Octavia?? Can you imagine changing the name of it to the Skoda Anchorage? Or the harbour town of Sitka?

I think the management team in the factory need to understand that they created a niche vehicle and some of its owners are not happy about an early abandonment of the name. Might save the odd Yeti badge to stick on a Crock. 

^^^ Must have been a 'Huge' Mainland Europe success because under 900,000 produced and registered world wide in 8 years does not shout success no matter what Skoda press releases might say.

People ordering and buying cars and the manufacturer making a profit is usually a way of knowing when a car has been a success, 

and that the sales would continue & improve when the vehicle was updated again to meet EU Legislation on emissions.

Edited by Awayoffski

Isn't it more to the point that they have produced as many as they can and sold all of them without difficulty.  The constraint seems to be Skoda's production capacity.

• Like 1

^^^ Did you notice how they announced that they were ramping up production due to demand then had to make lease offers rather good in the UK, 

and get Motability buying them because they could do Nil or Low Deposits.

As to selling without difficulty they were Pre Reging lots and selling Used, so that was not selling without difficulty.

Not unusual VW Group practices or other manufacturers to shift slow movers.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/411447-high-demand-for-yeti-continues-as=skoda-expands-factory-capacity 

They got the most out of the model they could in the last 12 months of production even if selling or leasing as a loss leader.

The power of VW Finance and lending.

Edited by Awayoffski

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 18:41, BoxerBoy said:

But a Yeti is SMALL. Looks like a Karoq (or Ateca) will be MEDIUM. And the Kodiaq is LARGE.

Take your pick.

Karoq is only 10cms longer than Yeti

That small difference in length can be the dealbreaker for some people. 

The only reasons I'm looking at a Karoq are I don't like the new stupid twin headlight look of the Octavia and secondly with arthritis in my hip & knee, plus damage to my other knee, I'm looking at getting something which is easier to get in & out of.

A Kodiaq is too big & expensive, this may well be the answer to my problems as I don't really want to go to SEAT as they have a poor reputation when it comes to customer service. 

Is that reputation deserved and is that SEAT UK or some SEAT Dealerships?

I know Skoda & SEAT Dealerships side by side owned by the same Moror Groups and the SEAT Customer Service is the superior.

Skoda had a reputation that gave high results in Surveys of UK Magazines and yet the Dealerships might be OK while Skoda UK's Customer Service and product knowledge has been crap.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:28, aerofurb said:

The Skoda Auto CZ Karoq configurator is available now:

http://www.skoda-auto.cz/

Obviously not what might actually appear in the UK but something to play with and see what options are going to possibly be perhaps available when the time comes.... 

I see that the colour choices, like so many VWG cars is poor. I may have to return to a boring grey of some hue.

Any news when it is going to be launched and in dealers in the UK?

I've got the same question. One or two people have said October to order I think, after Frankfurt motor show September 14th launch .

I've rung my local dealer and asked if they have any information -no.

Funny you can't see to get any information. The went in to production on Wednesday so you would have though we should be able to get some. 

What are they doing with 3 months on production until people can order. I know there will be a few for dealers but what else.

They need all those left hand drive media cars ready for the Motoring Journalists to drive so that What Car can have the New Skoda Karoq as What Car Car of the Year 2018 before any customers have received one or What Car have driven a Right Hand Drive one in the UK.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.  (Helps with the Advertising Campaign.)

Then ones for the Dealers to be allowed to drive etc etc.

• 2 months later...