Skoda to change PCH deals?

DaveLees

Chatting to a dealer today he stated that Skoda are looking at changing PCH deals after the next quarter to make them more beneficial to business customers, therefore making them more expensive for private customers.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Don't know I'm afraid, but the cynic in me wonders if this was a means of trying to get you to commit sooner than you might like. If you weren't talking in that context, I may just be being overly cynical....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

@DaveLees I'm not a lawyer or contract guru...

The laymans answer I had from my dealer contacts a while back is "a business lease is the same as a personal lease" ... "the main difference is pricing, business leases are quoted without vat".

There was a change recently to split the PCH and BCH quotes on the 'finance system'. This so far as we're aware is to split the communications post sale, it's enough of a change to be possibly confusing.

The quotes I'm doing are no different between business and personal.

HTH.

Edited by ColinD
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Often PCH deals are the same as BCH but including the VAT, but this isn't always the case so make sure to shop around. At the dealer I work for (not a Skoda dealer, a premium manufacturer) the discounts offered by the manufacturer often differ between BCH and PCH depending on whether they want to push more fleet business.

Worth comparing online, use something like Contract Hire and Leasing and compare quotes from around the UK.

44 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Often PCH deals are the same as BCH but including the VAT, but this isn't always the case so make sure to shop around. At the dealer I work for (not a Skoda dealer, a premium manufacturer) the discounts offered by the manufacturer often differ between BCH and PCH depending on whether they want to push more fleet business.

Worth comparing online, use something like Contract Hire and Leasing and compare quotes from around the UK.

I found that a lot of on-line PCH deals required a large deposit. I basically offered £500 deposit as it was affordable between our wedding and Xmas to my Skoda dealer and it wasn’t a problem.

1 minute ago, KevC_Derby said:

I found that a lot of on-line PCH deals required a large deposit. I basically offered £500 deposit as it was affordable between our wedding and Xmas to my Skoda dealer and it wasn’t a problem.

Yep that makes sense, although 'deposit' is the wrong word, it's initial rental, which will usually be 3, 6 or 9 months up front.

• Like 1