New car mats 2007 Octavia Hatch

Hi Folks,

When I bought my car in July 2015 I splashed out on some genuine Skoda rubber car mats and the drivers mat now, less than 2 years later as they weren't purchased to mid August,  has a hole worn in it where my left heels rest ... I'm a bit miffed as I expected mats at £30 odd to last longer than the cheap multi fit ones I've purchased in the past for previous cars.... looking online there are lots to chose from but I'm unsure if I want rubber again or a decent set of carpet mats ... The other thing is if I don't see any specifically listed for the Octavia would mats from another VAG group car fit just as well ...

Regards

Peter 

I know a few years back I put a black carpet from a mk4 golf into my mk1 Octavia vs. Very common at the time as the standard carpet was white!! That fitted no problem as it was the same floorpan. I know the Octavia 2 Golf mk5 seat Leon mk2 and Audi A3 used the same base so I would've thought carpets and mats would fit.

Edited by meaty101
  • Like 1

Thank you guys for the information on the Golf Mk 5 matts fitting as I've seen them advertised and usually quite a bit cheaper than the ones for the Octavia .....

4 minutes ago, labman1001 said:

Thank you guys for the information on the Golf Mk 5 matts fitting as I've seen them advertised and usually quite a bit cheaper than the ones for the Octavia .....

Find that surprising. Maybe a competition thing. Plenty of Golf owners thinking value in used or new mats, so creates a good used market. I have had a long eBay Octavia search they hardly come up. My drivers mat gave up after 200k. I was double matted so use the original ones, underneath now. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2017 at 20:11, labman1001 said:

I also need some mats for my mk2 octavia ill get some for the golf mk5 now as a little cheaper