Skoda OneApp - One app to rule them all

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 03:41, JR RS said:

my OneApp is always logging/recording my drives in the background, i.e. i do not launch the app, nor do i have my phone connected via usb cable.

it somehow knows i'm connected, via bluetooth, and starts logging.

I don't really understand the point of this app - certainly not when it requires so much intervention to work. Mine is a MY18 and oneapp is seriously flaky. Had to reinstall on my phone just to get it to connect. Then it drops in and out (and this is over a USB cable)...   How can you get it to even do anything over Bluetooth? Isn't the cable necessary to launch CarPlay?  (or are you android?)...

I was moderately interested for a while to see how little Horsepower I was using, even for an overtake - but other than that, I don't think it added a lot of value. Cost per drive is nice, even if approximate, but because the app dropped out (without me knowing) on my last drive, it said I averaged 90 mpg and 10 quid for a 130 mile drive!  

IMHO it's just "got to work" in the background for it to get used and be useful..   let's hope they improve it.. :)

I start One app  before connecting my android phone to car by usb. Bluetooth is on and the phone connects to the telephone part of the Columbus.

Then I connect the phone to the car by cable. Android Auto starts and Waze is available.

OneApp then collects all the trip data, Waze is warning me of speed cameras and road works and I can still use the inbuilt sat nav whilst listening to music.

On completion of the journey OneApp has recorded the complete data. It works faultlessly when done like that. Waze isn't 100% reliable but a lot of apps aren't.

Edited by TerryMcK
  • Like 1

I've found I need to unlock my phone before connecting or I get the message that I can't use it while in motion. Also need to turn my phone hot spot on every time. Android Auto works much more easily, I just plug it in and it works.

Would also be good to keep AA music going while oneapp is the infotainment but it seems it's one or the other. Oneapp now seems to log in the background now when I'm using AA at least.

I like how you can show the battery voltage in the widgets. I use the webasto a lot with only short drives so was worried about draining it.

I really like the latest version of the One App.  I now have four pages of self selected widgets that tell me all sorts of things.  Passengers seem to enjoy the live visualisation of torque and power, and the g meter is mesmerising.

yesterday I set a 8.5 sec 0-62kmh time with only a little wheel spin, which is pretty decent for a 150DSG petrol.

• 4 months later...

judging from what I have been reading here... 

so it is not possible to get it to work without a phone that supports MirrorLink?

won't work with Android auto?

Edited by radiognome

The SkodaOne app only works via MirrorLink on the headunit.

It will also work on the phone itself if u don't MirrorLink.

AndroidAuto is a definite no no for the app.

8 hours ago, JR RS said:

The SkodaOne app only works via MirrorLink on the headunit.

It will also work on the phone itself if u don't MirrorLink.

AndroidAuto is a definite no no for the app.

thanks a lot!

I recently moved from an iPhone 5s to a Oneplus phone not knowing much about the Android ecosystem. I get my bolero updated and I can't use one app..

sucks :)

thanks!