Suspension Failure

http://express.co.uk/life-style/cars/804662/breakdown-cars-potholes-UK-RAC 

I sat for hours at the side of the A9 waiting for assistance with 2 blown out tyres and car after car joined me and those up and down the road with the same and broken suspension from the large potholes that had opened up in the outside lane. 

The police never passed in the time i was there but when i got moving they were sitting in the Little Chef 1 mile further on and they must have been there at least 3 hours as chaos was going on further down the Dual Carriageway.

I have gone out to the A90 near me to take photographs of potholes in the outside lane and between the lanes to help 2 Briskoda members make their claims against BEAR Scotland when they had blow outs where repaired potholes had opened up or where ones were marked to have repairs and they had not been done.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/272686-motorway-blowout-2-tyre-wrecked-evergreens-fitted-oh-dear 

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, williamshatnerspants said:

Can I ask how old the springs were? 

These were on an E46 BMW 3 Series.

Approx 6 years old, 100,000+ miles.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2017 at 07:49, Wino said:

No-one who isn't trolling could appear this dumb. Bye now.

No... Don't go!.. I don't think you're at all dumb. Not having the ability to grasp an argument doesn't mean you are of limited intelligence or a 'Troll". I'm sure there are plenty of areas in which you could excel at in life. You must start appreciating yourself a little more.

I appreciate you. In fact some of your comments have provided me with some side splitting laughter fits. At one point, with your cute little tantrum's, I thought we had Victor Meldrew as a guest. Brilliant!

Thanks for making my week a little brighter. You little star you.

• Haha 1

On 13/07/2017 at 12:26, Wino said:

Quite possibly it's not so much to do with the springs as their protective coatings. Laws on what goes into paints have become very strict lately, probably reducing their ability to adhere to the metal surface. 

Once corrosion sets in cracking is just a matter of time.

I think this important bit is being missed by many people.

All the broken springs I have come across have corroded heavily (one was even given an advisory on the MOT) due to the paint being substandard. 

• Like 1