Estate rear wiper

Anyone have any simple tips please to prevent rear wiper rubbing very loudly on rear window ( apart from turning it off ).   Had the same problem with a previous Passat, and never truly resolved it.  Thanks.

I also have this.... I haven't got round to having a look yet. 

Clean the wiper blades with newspaper and white spirit vinagar to get them properly clean. 

I would also suspect a dirty rear screen that may look clean. 

I use Autoglym glass Polish.. It's hard work and creates a lot of dust but it leaves the glass perfectly smooth. 

Not sure what blades are on the car but I would only ever use Bosch as a rule of thumb.... 

I wonder what affect adding detailing spray into the washer bottle would have as you can  certainly use it to clean glass.... Since it is a lubricant :dry:... Naaah silly idea lol 

Edited by Zenbasses
  • Thanks 1

On 22/07/2017 at 19:52, Zenbasses said:

Not sure what blades are on the car but I would only ever use Bosch as a rule of thumb.... 

The rear wiper on the hatchback is the same as fitted to the estate. Mine wasn't exactly the quietest of wipes and then the fronts decided to join in.

I replaced front and rear with Bosch* Aerotwin. End of problem.

A403H rear, A864S front (twin pack).

* Other brands are available (just not as good :doh:

I noticed on Saturday that mine was very noisy. It also wipes intermittently when not switched on, but the front wipers are on - whether it needs to or not :o

7 minutes ago, daveo138 said:

I noticed on Saturday that mine was very noisy. It also wipes intermittently when not switched on, but the front wipers are on - whether it needs to or not :o

You can enable or disable the automatic rear wiping from Settings -> Mirrors and wipers menu selected from the Car infotainment page.

5 minutes ago, wooyay said:

You can enable or disable the automatic rear wiping from Settings -> Mirrors and wipers menu selected from the Car infotainment page.

Thanks, I'll have a look.