Octavia 2.0TDI

Is this a sound actuator issue or something different?

Please excuse my ignorance, but can you explain in more detail?

Never heard about an issue with vacuum pump rattle with this engine before...

Do you have more information about it?

Hello!

Yes, the problems are with the rotor on the vacuum pump. It is an oil pump with an integrated vacuum pump. The rotor of the vacuum pump is heard when the oil is heated from 50 to 80c.
It is also recorded at official services. The sound disappears for a short time if you press the brake, then it immediately appears again. It sounds only from 50 to 80c!
Edited by Skodilakrs1

I've dont recall anyone mention it on the forum before & I cant say I've ever heard a special noise on my car at those températures.

Do you mean that on your car the noise was confirmed by the garage at the official services?

What did they say about it?

What year of car do you have? 2.0 tdi?
Sound is heard only at idle speed.
They wanted to break the whole engine at the service. Then the boss brought a letter from the database that they have on the computer about errors. The rotor of the vacuum pump sounds the answer. It also said that the sound changes or disappears when the brake is pressed. And it's exactly right with me.

The video: 

Edited by Skodilakrs1
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Skodilakrs1 said:

But that is not normal diesel sound. Its problem of rotor on vaccum pump. 

You don't offer what year your vehicle is what mileage it has done.

You have been told that no one else in this forum has reported this problem with their diesel vehicle.

You say you have been told what the problem is and that it can only be fixed by replacing an internal component.

Not sure what exactly you expecting from the forum?

Hope this is not "umbral" under another pseudonym

year 2013 milage 170000

Manny users have this problem trust me. I know for octavia 3 2016 3000 km milage and the same problem.

Thats the problem: Replacing pump...the dealers say the problem wil not be fixed with the new pump! And not only this...on ŠKODA they dont change the pump under wrranty! They says that rattle-problem does not affect to car functions! So thats it.

I just ask if there is any fix for this. 

Ant where exactly is this pump?Is it necessary to unravel the entire engine? How many hours take the replacement?

Thanx

Edited by Skodilakrs1

I don't have a diesel but it seems unusual that such a 'known' problem has never been reported in this forum.

Have a look in a VW forum, they have the same engines and there are more of them about.

Edited by Gerrycan

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/18/2017 at 19:33, Skodilakrs1 said:

What year of car do you have? 2.0 tdi?
Sound is heard only at idle speed.
They wanted to break the whole engine at the service. Then the boss brought a letter from the database that they have on the computer about errors. The rotor of the vacuum pump sounds the answer. It also said that the sound changes or disappears when the brake is pressed. And it's exactly right with me.

The video: 

Hi,Skodilakrs1

Can I you, please, post the clip for the public again?

I can't see it, look like I have a noise exactly at this temperature range. Wanted to compare it..

Did you find something new regarding this topic?

You can send me a private message if you don't want to post it.

Thanka in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, jmgoan said:

it should be a recall in future.

And result? 

Mine doesn't rattle anything at all like it shows in the video clip. Nothing out of the ordinary for a modern diesel. 

67 plate Octavia VRS here. Been back to skoda about mine and they informed me it was the vacuum pump. He was armed with a piece of paper that I wasn't allowed to see he says. They're obviously aware of this issue!

• Thanks 1