Tyres

Hello.

I am looking to change the front two tyres on my 2014 Superb Auto Saloon, and wondered if the group had any advise or suggestions. 

My local Skoda dear suggested Continental (top quality) or Falcon (budget).

The size is 225/14/18 extra load.

Regards

Kevin

Edited by Banjokevin

I assume that is 225/40/18. I prefer Michelin PS3 (£120 a corner, less than £100 at Costco or less on offer) but only if they are on offer otherwise Vredestein Ultrax Sessanta(£80 a corner) which are nearly as good as the PS3 but don't last as long.  

Thanks.

Believe it or not, Continentals are £70 cheaper than the Kwik Fit, off the shelf price. However If I order from KF on line  they are over £140 cheaper than the OTS price.

That said, I've had good experience of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric and from all I've read, Michelin Cross Climate seem to be very good although I'd not want to fit the latter except to all 4 wheels

On 02/08/2017 at 13:19, Banjokevin said:

Hello.

I am looking to change the front two tyres on my 2014 Superb Auto Saloon, and wondered if the group had any advise or suggestions. 

My local Skoda dear suggested Continental (top quality) or Falcon (budget).

The size is 225/14/18 extra load.

Regards

Kevin

I'd go for either Goodyear Eagle F1s or Uniroyal RainSport 3s and I would avoid Dunlops as they were too noisy on my mk2. 

Buy from black circles and get them delivered then get a local garage to fit them.... 

Saved me around £100 doing it this way when I just changed my wheels to 19s

• 3 weeks later...

Morning folks. 

I'm expecting to pick up my new Sportline 280 Estate around the 1st Sept... Very excited!

Could anyone tell me what make/model of tyres it is likely to come fitted with please? Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

It will be fitted as mine was with Bridgestone Potenza 001 or something like that . Previous tires were Pirelli centrato p7's spelling soz

These tires not as good as the Michelin pilot sport 4's. I doubt anyone will say different as the Michelin are the best on the market right now.

I had 4 on my VRS, Comparison to the standard conti's ... 10x better , low sound and mega grip.

I dare any members to say different and put this challenge out there