From order to delivery

Hi everyone, I apologise if this has been covered but I would appreciate some help. I have been told my car is going to built at the end of August and the dealer says it should be with them at the end of September if the build time stays as it is. My question is does that sound right to you and if not how long did you wait between build and deliver, I'm getting a business grey 220  SEL with a few options but not a sunroof or anything that would add a delay. My reason for asking is I want rid of my car asap lol. Any replies greatly recieved, many thanks. John

19 minutes ago, jrn6581 said:

Hi everyone, I apologise if this has been covered but I would appreciate some help. I have been told my car is going to built at the end of August and the dealer says it should be with them at the end of September if the build time stays as it is. My question is does that sound right to you and if not how long did you wait between build and deliver, I'm getting a business grey 220  SEL with a few options but not a sunroof or anything that would add a delay. My reason for asking is I want rid of my car asap lol. Any replies greatly recieved, many thanks. John

Sounds possible if it all runs smoothly. Possible delays are waiting for a space on a car carrier ship at Emden or transporting from the UK port to the dealer. These are arranged by Škoda and beyond control of the dealership. On a positive note it seems to run smoother now than it did a year ago.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, robdan said:

Hi John, I'm sorry but I can't answer your question, but when did you place your order out of interest?

Hi there I ordered at the very beginning of July

Just now, jrn6581 said:

Hi there I ordered at the very beginning of July

Thanks, I ordered mine on July 14th so if I get any updates with mine that may be relevant I'll let you know

• Like 1

Mine was ordered at the end of May and is now at the dealers. It arrived at the end of Jul. I'm not taking delivery until 5th Sep though.

Edited by widu13

Mine was 9 weeks, start to finish but a plain vanilla SE Technology Greenline. I would guess the more options the greater the build time?

@RPC.  Too many variables to be scientific. The car may wait in the docks for a week or two before leaving for the UK and then it depends on where in the country you and your dealer are based. From watching this thread and others from the very beginning of S3 it seems likely that it will be between 3 to 6 weeks from production week to customer but that is an empirical comment not a scientific one.

If it's a plain vanilla model then one might be built anyway.

I place my order with the lease company at the start of July. I got a build week today - 44!

So how does an order in early July get a build week at the end of August and yet mine placed a little later a build week two months later..... ???

I confirmed the spec with the dealer the first week of July. Maybe it's a 1.4TSI/DSG shortage and not a Skoda issue?

Edited by rtj70

Build date shouldn't change.

and yes, a month from production to delivery sounds about right.

when my car was in the same process, I learnt this:

- car gets produced

- car taken to factory car park

- when there are enough cars to fill a train, they are sent to the port

- car waits at port car park, when there are enough cars, they are sent to a port in your country (time on the sea took 3 days or so in my case)

- car gets to the dealer

so, there are a couple of things that can cause delay, like when it gets shipped here and there, but usually a month. 

On 12/08/2017 at 23:04, rtj70 said:

So how does an order in early July get a build week at the end of August and yet mine placed a little later a build week two months later..... ???

I confirmed the spec with the dealer the first week of July. Maybe it's a 1.4TSI/DSG shortage and not a Skoda issue?

You said you placed the order with a lease company. You would have to take it up with them as they may have timed the order to suit them, possibly as a bulk order rather than placing it straight away as if it was an individualorder at a main dealer.

The dealer where the order was sent checked the details with me at the start of July and then place the order. Only just got informed of week 44 being the potential build week last Friday. Looking like 5 months in total.

I ordered mine on 15th of May, Build week was 25, and I got it 1st of August, bear in mind I'm in Iceland so it went to Rotterdam and then with a ferry to Iceland to the Dealer and was with the dealer for 4-5 days before i got it

• 4 weeks later...

It depends on when it is allocated by the factory.

I ordered my superb around the same time as you and after some faff with me changing specs and colour, I received the provisional build date today of week 40.  We are currently at the end of week 36, so about 4 weeks away from build unless there are any slippages.

Why not contact the dealer and ask if there is a build date yet? that is what did as sometimes communication can be patchy.

The build week can depend on a few things, like what engine/gearbox you choose as more popular engines will be a longer wait, due to supply constraints.

Edited by roo
spelling and adding more explanation

56 minutes ago, roo said:

It depends on when it is allocated by the factory.

I ordered my superb around the same time as you and after some faff with me changing specs and colour, I received the provisional build date today of week 40.  We are currently at the end of week 36, so about 4 weeks away from build unless there are any slippages.

Why not contact the dealer and ask if there is a build date yet? that is what did as sometimes communication can be patchy.

The build week can depend on a few things, like what engine/gearbox you choose as more popular engines will be a longer wait, due to supply constraints.

hi to be fair the dealer has updated me today with well no update its a sportline manual 150 diesel with spare wheel and fron sensors as the only options colour is the flat white.

Mine is also a sportline in flat white, but I have gone for the 280 petrol, which i would guess is a less popular engine choice, so there possibly would be quicker build slots .

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 21:39, roo said:

Mine is also a sportline in flat white, but I have gone for the 280 petrol, which i would guess is a less popular engine choice, so there possibly would be quicker build slots .

If you get a production week from your dealer, expect it to match:). I also ordered a 280hp Superb Combi. Got delivery week 35 and indeed it was built on the Thursday in that week.  Just got its license number, and is waiting in their export dock

Mine is scheduled to be built next week sometime. So if it arrives 4 weeks later it will be spot on timing wise. I don't want it before I go on holiday at the start of October sat outside the house for a week. And the current car isn't due to be replaced until October either.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just resurrecting this thread, had my order for my Super 280 L&K in moon white with a few options (not sunroof) confirmed last week by the dealer, I've been quoted 12 - 16 weeks.

In people's experience is this fairly accurate? Are the factories flat out this time of year or do they tend to slow down?

Got a Kodiaq earlier in the year for my wife (jan order which arrived in May), as it was a preorder and a brand new model I was happy with this.

I'm not in no hurry to get it, just curious really. It would be nice to get it this side of Xmas