Recall on 2009 Octavia VRS. ABS/ESC control module

Had this letter come through today from Warren Richards , Head of Service & Parts Operation. My 8 year old Octavia VRS has been givem a recall order. 

Has anyone else received this same notice?

20170804_135743.jpg

Just had exactly the same mine is on a 09 plate after 8 years they have suddenly found  a fault ?

Not that I am suspicious  but if I took it would they do the emmisisions update as well? As I really don't  want it doing having  read some of the reports

• Like 1

Ah ok so im not the only one, my I ask is your Skoda the limited edition version or same model but just the standard vrs version.

Skoda today didn't say anythink about emissions. But its a software update and that could easily include other bits ( i assume). I like to think they won't touch anythink else other than the fault I've been made aware of. But you have now put dout in my mind and I'm gonna have to give them a ring and find out in more detail. I'll report back once I find out what I can. Car is booked in for 10 days time. 

Is updating the emmisions a concern to you? If so why would that be out of interest. I maybe missing something important.

Yes mine is a limited  edition vrs  as well , and I have got to be honest I don't think  it is going  anywhere  near a main dealer because  I think they they will do it as a matter of routine .

Will try to find some more  information  as the owner  of our local Skoda branch drinks in our pub!

Keep me posted  as to what they say

I am very anti the emissions  update Google  it, there was also  a bit on watchdog  or one of those kind  of programmes about it car engine's cutting  to limp mode for no apparent  reason,  after having  it done. They also  had an expert on who advised  against it.

Of course VW said it was nothing  to do with  the update 

• Thanks 1

Interesting. Mine to is the limited so now wonder if it's just this 500 units receiving the recall. 

Thanks for that info on the emmisions I shall do some digging and will let you no what I find. I I'll appriciate anythink you find out to.

Have a great day. 

So I've just spoke to Skoda.... I've voiced my concerns and they looked into it right away.

They have assured me the software update only touches the ABS/ESC control unit. Its doesn't affect emmisions at all. They openly spoke about VW and the watchdog report. So I can't see the info they have given me to be untrue. Go get ya free update with confidence Id say. 

BTW Our Limited Edition versions are eligable for the update "only" and not the earth connection being changes which is part of this recall. I guess were lucky were getting something at least for an 8yr old car.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Datovey that's helpful to know. We now know It's not just the limited Edition versions nor just VRS model's. Very helpful B)

Would love to hear from the oldest and newest cars getting this recall and who received a letter today. 2009 maybe the starting point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Datovey said:

I've also had the letter today for my 2009 VRS, however mine is a bog  standard version, not limited edition. 

Same here mines a 58 plate VRS leather seats 18" alloys but not LTD

21 minutes ago, UniqueTimes said:

Thanks Datovey that's helpful to know. We now know It's not just the limited Edition versions nor just VRS model's. Very helpful B)

Would love to hear from the oldest and newest cars getting this recall and who received a letter today. 2009 maybe the starting point.

2008 got letter today....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UniqueTimes said:

Ah ok so im not the only one, my I ask is your Skoda the limited edition version or same model but just the standard vrs version.

Skoda today didn't say anythink about emissions. But its a software update and that could easily include other bits ( i assume). I like to think they won't touch anythink else other than the fault I've been made aware of. But you have now put dout in my mind and I'm gonna have to give them a ring and find out in more detail. I'll report back once I find out what I can. Car is booked in for 10 days time. 

Is updating the emmisions a concern to you? If so why would that be out of interest. I maybe missing something important.

Google the emissions update, some cars running like a sack of ****e after it.

PogueVrs... i contacted skoda after booking in today, and this recall system update does not touch emmisions. I'm aware of the emmisions issue now since heinric mentioned it. I researched it. Thanks though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UniqueTimes said:

PogueVrs... i contacted skoda after booking in today, and this recall system update does not touch emmisions. I'm aware of the emmisions issue now since heinric mentioned it. I researched it. Thanks though.

I still don't know if I could trust a main dealer from not "fixing" my emissions problem, like they have being doing so we without customers consent. ;)

6 hours ago, UniqueTimes said:

Had this letter come through today from Warren Richards , Head of Service & Parts Operation. My 8 year old Octavia VRS has been givem a recall order. 

Has anyone else received this same notice?

20170804_135743.jpg

Yes, got my recall letter today. 2009 1.8tsi L&K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have received this letter today. I have a 2009 limited edition.  I have had a Quantum Blue ECO Power map put on the car. What i wanna know is, will this void the recall as I'm pretty sure the people who did the map locked the ECU so it can't be messed with. The car has had the emissions update just before I got the car at the beginning of the year. Be grateful if someone could shed some light on this before I ring Skoda

I do not see this Safety Critical Recall on the DVSA official Recall Website but it must be a Safety Critical Recall and not just a Skoda / VW Group REcall Action, 

so best get the Recall Action Field Action carried out, 

and tell them you have a remap, or you do not want 'The Fix' put it in writing and for safety sake of yourselves and other road user get the work done.

It is nothing to do with VW Group Emissions Scandals, so tell them, do not touch my engine management and good running car which i bought as is, and as i want it to stay.

• Like 1

ABS/ESC fix. I have been into Skoda today and my car is booked in. I told them about the map and they said shouldn't be a problem but to check with the garage where I had it done to see if the fix will effect the map. Then it's my choice if I go ahead with the fix