Recall on 2009 Octavia VRS. ABS/ESC control module

27 minutes ago, T2000 said:

They haven't sent me a letter yet as the recall has not become a VOSA one so they won't have your details to send it, best to put your VIN number in here http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions and you will know if there is a recall, I just then phoned the dealer and they confirmed it and booked it in.

Cheers, Nothing against my VIN apparently.

I picked up a 2009 limited edition VRS a week ago... unfortunately a private sale and sure enough the ABS and ECS light are now coming on... you reckon Skoda will sort this out in light of this recall etc... I'm not sure where I stand?!

Nope seller didn't have the recall letter and didn't mention it either. I test drove it twice, a week apart... first time for an hour second time for 2 hours with a break in between to check the engine all over and all seemed fine. I put fuel in an hour later and then had an engine management light come on and then a week later the ABS and traction control lit up and it flashed brake failure at me too...

Took it to my mechanic for diagnostic and checked and test drove it plugged in. All sensors are functioning properly and it all points to the control unit and pump...

I've only had it just over a week so the previous owner may not even have received a recall letter yet!

I checked the VIN with Skoda earlier on their website and it said that a recall had been issued for the car...phoned my local Skoda dealership and told them and they've taken details and I'm now waiting for them to phone me back... 

10 minutes ago, Foggyford said:

Give it a few days then call them again. Don't let them forget about you. Did you get a petrol 1 or diesel one just out of interest?

I'll pop in and see them face to face tomorrow as I'll be passing by too...

Petrol one. Drives like a dream... only other problem I have with it is a whining sound sometimes when pulling away on a hill in 1st and again if I touch over 80mph on the dual carriageway.... I suspect it's an easy fix problem that isn't linked to the ABS fiasco...

Anyone else had Skoda take their car back and sort it out on this recall? 

On 22/08/2017 at 17:15, Foggyford said:

Give it a few days then call them again. Don't let them forget about you. Did you get a petrol 1 or diesel one just out of interest?

Popped into Skoda today... they confirmed the recall on my car...fault with ABS and ECS will hopefully likely be fixed when they do the software update that should stop it overheating... booked in for next week so we'll see what happens!

Get yourself on the LE register 

I have the diesel estate LE and mine is booked in next week, I'll be insisting that I can watch so they don't do the emissions update.

Lovely seats in them aren't they, just wish they were heated!

25 minutes ago, T2000 said:

I have the diesel estate LE and mine is booked in next week, I'll be insisting that I can watch so they don't do the emissions update.

25 minutes ago, T2000 said:

That's why I got one. I love the interior was not keen on the rims at first but they grew on me

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Popped into Skoda today... they confirmed the recall on my car...fault with ABS and ECS will hopefully likely be fixed when they do the software update that should stop it overheating... booked in for next week so we'll see what happens!

That's a result mate. Least it will be sorted. Has your car had the emissions update yet?

14 minutes ago, Foggyford said:

That's a result mate. Least it will be sorted. Has your car had the emissions update yet?

Nope... apparently no emissions updated needed as it's the petrol model. At least that's what they've told me...

12 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Nope... apparently no emissions updated needed as it's the petrol model. At least that's what they've told me...

Oh ok not sure about that one. If not then that's good. Hey the car mapped and make it more fun and run better. I have a diesel and it had the emissions update the wk I got it. Had a map put on it and it's a lot better. Gone from 170bhp to 205bhp 

13 hours ago, Foggyford said:

Oh ok not sure about that one. If not then that's good. Hey the car mapped and make it more fun and run better. I have a diesel and it had the emissions update the wk I got it. Had a map put on it and it's a lot better. Gone from 170bhp to 205bhp 

Mine is 200bhp already... ;-)

Can get it remapped to 250bhp when I get the money together though!

Just got mine back from the Skoda Dealership in Weston Super Mare and had the emissions and ABS update done. They also did the side light bulb, for free! (Wowzers). The EML has come (back) on for P2015 error but hoping major service next week will sort that? EML stands for Extra Money Light, right?

Hi gentlemen I own a 2009 Vrs lmtd  and I never received a letter for recall 

......just checked on link which was mentioned here earlier...result was that I am due recall

i called main dealer today and explained them what happened,gave them my reg and they confirmed that too

So car is booked for Tuesday morning

they also Said that this will take only one hour or so

2 minutes ago, montycko said:

Hi gentlemen I own a 2009 Vrs lmtd  and I never received a letter for recall 

......just checked on link which was mentioned here earlier...result was that I am due recall

i called main dealer today and explained them what happened,gave them my reg and they confirmed that too

So car is booked for Tuesday morning

they also Said that this will take only one hour or so

That's good. Get it sorted and mine took 2 hours. Even gave me a free courtesy car

Got mine done today, signed the refusal for emissions, took about an hour and a half but lots of tea and coffee supplied, didn't get a courtesy car as I live a mile away, didn't mind waiting, all done no issues, they gave me a big list of points they checked and all green, even checked the tyre depths all round and it came back with a nice wash bonus it was minging.

I spoke to the service manager about the emissions and he said if the car is new then there shouldn't be a problem but a car with 'x' amount of miles on it may have an issue as it changes a lot of parameters, he also said to get the 24month goodwill on emissions you have to have the car serviced at the dealer after the emissions update and it covers up to 160k cars only.

I asked about the ABS warranty if say in a month the ABS light pops up and he said there is no warranty, if the ABS is faulty after the update it will show straight away on the test drive and also said he hasn't had one go faulty yet so looking good.

I have got mine done today

i haven't signed anything at all 

they haven't done any test drive either when I came back I asked for some report and they all just looked at me 

ingot some randomly printed paper with stamp a signature.

i also got a complementary summer kit and car was washed and hovered:biggrin:

IMG_1846.JPG

29 minutes ago, montycko said:

I have got mine done today

i haven't signed anything at all 

they haven't done any test drive either when I came back I asked for some report and they all just looked at me 

ingot some randomly printed paper with stamp a signature.

i also got a complementary summer kit and car was washed and hovered:biggrin:

IMG_1846.JPG

Jammy git, I'm going back with this picture, me want one ;-)

I had my recall done today at White Dove in Cardiff but noticed since that when locking my car via the remote key fob that the signal no longer blink (only when I unlock they do).

anyone else had that? 

I've got VCDS so I'll see if i can re-enable on there. 

On 29/08/2017 at 20:30, T2000 said:

Got mine done today, signed the refusal for emissions, took about an hour and a half but lots of tea and coffee supplied...

Are some models having additional work done to other (depending on age, model, etc...) I had my ABS update done yesterday, it took a little over 30 mins including the free wash and vac?

'Simply Clever',   before leaving your keys for them to touch your pride and joy and your property, ask for a copy of the TPI / Service Instructions / Procedure, 

& after collecting the vehicle ask for the signature of the Master Tech or Work Shop Manager and what was done on your vehicle. 

Date, dealer stamp etc,  

Then you should be in no doubt what was done to your vehicle, and if there are other driver functions or safety related changes to the vehicle they can return them to as they were before they messed if it was nothing to do with the Safety Campaign Recall Actions.

Edited by Awayoffski