New owner a few questions

Hi

So after picking up a 2006 Octavia yesterday. Everything was fine when I checked it over and took it for a test drive. 

Typically today I noticed a few quirky trates being;

OS rear break binding, checked the leaver inside, behind the astray, and OS side one side seems pulled more than the other. Could it be just loosening the cable on that side first before taking the caliper apart?  And if so, is this done from the wheel or the leaver end?

Both passenger doors will now not open from outside, I either have to press the unlock door button inside, or open the door from inside. An annoyance as I need the child locks on! I've read that you need to open from inside then outdide a few times, and has worked for some. Is there a reason for this? 

Other than that, l really like and enjoy driving the Octavia!  And the extras the L&K has. 

Yeah I should and your right, but it's an hour away and if easily fixed, I'm more than happy to do it myself. The car came with a 3 month warranty, so will use this if I can't get the issues sorted. On a jaunt to Norfolk Saturday so need to fix this before then. 

Forgot to add can't drive it too far as the break is binding. 

Edited by Foeism
More info

14 minutes ago, dilksie said:

Your door lock issue could be the selective unlocking. Press remote once for drivers door, twice for all doors. This can be de-selected via VCDS

Ah, will try this. Thanks

23 minutes ago, dilksie said:

Your door lock issue could be the selective unlocking. Press remote once for drivers door, twice for all doors. This can be de-selected via VCDS

Your right thank you. I fix down one to go hopfully

I had brake binding issue on the rear of my 2010 fl vrs when I bought it earlier this year. Ended up needing both rear calipers and discs replacing due to seized caliper pistons which I was glad to have done under warranty as it was a pricey job. I agree with previous comment to take it back and get them to sort it mate 

7 minutes ago, Pods said:

I had brake binding issue on the rear of my 2010 fl vrs when I bought it earlier this year. Ended up needing both rear calipers and discs replacing due to seized caliper pistons which I was glad to have done under warranty as it was a pricey job. I agree with previous comment to take it back and get them to sort it mate 

On it. Spoke to the garage earlier, where I purchased the vehicle from. Open all day Sunday! In all fairness they said as I couldn't get the car to them. To get a quote for repair. I explained I didn't really want to drive it far. I also checked the mot, which the garage did, the day before I picked it up and it failed on rear OS rear caliper binding. I explained this to them. They replied it wasn't binding, hence passing the mot, shortly after. I think adding new discs and pads all round won't sort the problem. Let's see what happens when I get an estimate. I'm sure it's a sticking slider pin or piston. 

15 minutes ago, wiilydog said:

As above it could be seized callipers and its quite common with age.  I replace both of mine this year as the piston won't retract.

Agree. Im going to overhaul the NS one once they sort this out. Might even get a quote for both. 

Just to update the fix. 

The binding break was not the caliper, slider pins or piston, but the handbrake cable too tight on the one side. Result!