Washing the new VRS

vrsage

Hi everyone

Gave the new member of the family it's first wash today. 

I applied a snow foam as per my usual routine, I did notice however, a lot of the foam went down into the windscreen drain channel that sits underneath the wipers. 

There was a honeycomb grill so I just absorbed the excess with a microfiber towel as I wasn't game to add a high pressure rinse in that section of the car. 

Im guessing all that left over foam would have drained out from that area of the car. 

Should I be worried or concerned? 

Or is this normal practice? 30

My usual routine is to apply snow foam then pressure rinse once it's dwelled for a while. I've never once considered manually removing snow foam from under the wipers and have always pressure washed that area with no apparent issues.

Re: the honeycomb grille; are you referring to the one in front of the intercooler? If so that's also an area that can be pressure washed.

Thanks bomski. 

My my routine is identical to yours, I don't lift the wipers either. 

But there is the grille or tray where the wipers sit that the snow foam tends to funnel underneath the bonnet into a bay type area just where the suspension is on either side. 

The grille you refer to is I believe the dirt/leaf trap for the drainage holes on the scuttle panel - the snow foam will be long gone and perfectly fine to pressure wash this area in the future.

cheers

Chris

Cheers Chris!

The dirt/leaf trap is exactly where I was talking about. 

I was worried the water and snow foam had no drainage in this area, so I didn't want the foam to just sit there for huge amounts of time. 

Forgot to mention - car is 2017 octavia mk3 facelift VRS

Edited by vrsage