First time Skoda owner, thoughts appreciated!

Hello, first time poster and soon be first time Skoda owner. Just put a deposit on a SE hatchback 1.4tsi act DSG after a lot of research. The car will be replacing my wife's diesel manual Grand Scenic so this feels like a big change in every direction. She is quite nervous about it! She may miss the 7 seats but I'm hoping it will feel like an upgrade in every other way, even if fuel consumption may take a dip. I'd love to here owners thoughts after they made the leap, any regrets? Can you reassure her we have made the right move. Specifically with this engine gearbox combo as there seem to be so few of them?

Many thanks!

Whilst i don't have this particular model, my experience might be relevant. I moved from a 7-seat diesel (SEAT Alhambra) to a mk II 1.8TSI manual nearly 5 years ago. It was a joy and revelation in every way. Quieter, more comfortable, but still very spacious for 4 people; 5 is a squeeze. Since moving to the mk III I've been even more impressed, especially with DSG. You will still find that the 5th passenger gets a raw deal - transmission tunnel,  less seat padding and non-adjustable head restraint.

You might be surprised about fuel consumption. There'll be no need to work the throttle hard to make decent progress.

• Thanks 1

Thanks folks, that is great to know you were able to migrate from the 7 seater 100andthirty without hardship, we only have 2 kids so hoping it will work out. I'm hoping after she enjoys the new refinement that she will feel it was worth it. 

The few models I have driven (only the diesel) I was impressed by the refinement, I'd imagine the petrol can only be even better.  Collection is a week away!

• Like 1

The petrol engines are 100% smoother and quieter than the diesels even though the diesel is good compared to other marques. With just 2 children in the back they will think they are in a huge car.

• Thanks 1

The Superb Mk3 is a fantastic car and the 1.4TSi ACT isn't lacking in power. 

The kids will love the more relaxed seating position in the Superb over the Alhambra and the great legroom allowing them to spread out. 

The boot space is vast enough for all your needs. 

• Thanks 1

Steviedakota. I have 4 children but was able to migrate as they grew up and left home. I have not regretted it for a minute, as I got a much more comfortable ride in all respects. That said, it wasn't hard as one of SEAT's more bonkers decisions was to fit sports suspension and 17" wheels on the 2004 generation Alhambra SE models!

• Thanks 1