VRS to Superb

Hello,

really thinking of swrapping my Octy VRS for a superb,however steering just a bit wallowy for my liking though, has anybody gone this way before? Would  having the Adaptive suspension make a difference

i went from an RS to the new Superb with DCC.
its a much bigger car, and yes, a bit wallowy when going through lots of corners.

but with DCC, or adaptive suspension as u calling it, i can either put in 'Sport' or 'Individual' mode where i have DCC set to sport - providing a more firmer and less wallowy ride :) 

I'm doing the same thing. Octavia VRS to Superb. I realise my driving style will need to change to adapt to the Superb's size.

I'm getting an L&K 190 4x4 with DCC though so road holding should be ok. It was the motorway miles that are the biggest reason I changed to the Superb. Our supposed flat motorways aren't too much fun after 3 or 4 hours with a sport suspension. 

Same here, went a few weeks ago from VRS to Superb. Overall its a step forward for me. Superb is more refined, comfortable, quieter and roomier car; better materials, better equipped.

All this in about the same monthly fee that I pay.

Single letdown is the really soft suspension, and I have sport suspension. Somehow I like it most of the time, but I miss the suspension from VRS in corners or when I want to drive fast.

I tried to change the suspension with something a little bit stiffer, but dealer disagreed and said this will void the warranty... :(

To cut a long story short, I would still go from VRS to Superb, just make sure you  spec sport suspension and progressive steering.

Edited by U241170
  • Like 2

@Spiceman I gave up on my Brera because I wanted a cushy ride. I got the Sportline, which sits 10mm lower than other Superbs, but it is not a sporty ride. It's a cosmetic treatment. Even in sport mode, the ride is not up to sporting pretensions. If you want to strafe the corners, stick with the VRS.