Replacement Pegasus 18" - this should be interesting.....

Managed to stove my nearside front on the L&K into a kerb when down in London recently so rang around to get prices for a replacement

Local dealer, asked for reg number, quoted over £400 including VAT

Rang TPS, asked for reg number, quoted over £400 including VAT

Rang another dealer, asked for reg number, quoted £189 including VAT :)

I asked them to check it was the correct wheel, and they assured me that it was, so I've ordered one, should arrive in a week

Time will tell whether or not it turns out to be the correct wheel, will keep you posted as and when it arrives

The other dealer probably quoted from the accessories catalogue where as the first dealer quoted from the part section. That is vertually the prices I had for mine. Always ask for the accessories prices first.  Btw I paid £177 as against nearly £400. 

• Thanks 2

Hiya

When I was looking at replacing my wheels from 18 Pegasus up to 19's I remember talking to the local Skoda dealer and they were quoting around £190+ VAT for a 19 Sirus ... so the £180 you've been quoted sounds about right to me.

• 5 months later...

Really had forgotten I'd posted this thread, sorry about that

Yes, the lower accessory price was indeed the price paid, so a replacement wheel was £189, not the £400+ originally quoted

On 20/08/2017 at 18:36, Danny 57 said:

All dealers have a parts price list and an accessories parts list. Whatever your nearest dealer is.

I can't imagine why people have a hard time trusting garages.