Peed off

You have spark plugs and new coils fitted, the person that did that needs to be sure the car runs right.

Was that a Main Dealer that did the spark plugs.

?

What was the gap when you checked them,

or who checked, do the have a Coil Removing tool?

1 minute ago, Awayoffski said:

You have spark plugs and new coils fitted, the person that did that needs to be sure the car runs right.

Was that a Main Dealer that did the spark plugs.

?

What was the gap when you checked them,

or who checked, do the have a Coil Removing tool?

not a main dealer just a known local garage, they pulled the coils out with a tool yes not sure what the tool is supposed to be, but the plugs are still clear and in properly the gap for slightly more than 0.4 but they could not find the gap tool :\ .. so im pretty done with them and need to go with warranty as when I got the car it covers mechanical and electrical rather than paying for it myself that way hopefully it can be sorted fully.

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

http://opieoils.co.uk usually, or ask a local Motor Factor to get them, then you do not get dodgy Online Sellers fake consumables, which can happen...

I have not used the PKJ20 CR8  but others have, and the V20's, 

http://livingstonautoparts.co.uk 

is another Factor i use.

Thanks mate.

Just ordered four of the V20's ....Worked out £39 quid with a 10% discount code from opie.

Even if it's not the cause of the EML my cars at an age and mileage that it deserves a few service parts so hopefully these will benefit in the long run  even if they don't fix the issue.

I love my VRS just hope these

problems ain't continual.  

Edited by Mickmartin

7 hours ago, danman5k said:

not a main dealer just a known local garage, they pulled the coils out with a tool yes not sure what the tool is supposed to be, but the plugs are still clear and in properly the gap for slightly more than 0.4 but they could not find the gap tool :\ .. so im pretty done with them and need to go with warranty as when I got the car it covers mechanical and electrical rather than paying for it myself that way hopefully it can be sorted fully.

I would not use that garage again, they must not know you can also use a set of feeler gauges to check plug gaps.

22 hours ago, Mickmartin said:

Not the best video however you'll get the idea, was about an hour ago.

Yep done that... hense changed coils and plugs ... still done it after a week later when I tried a quick pull away... light only blinks for few seconds. But now it feels like lack of power and like the turbo don't wanna work? I dunno... 

Yeah mate I'm the same, Got new plugs ordered  and if they fail then I'll do coils, Reading previous posts on here there seems to be so many unsolved issues similar to ours so I'm bricking it a bit as I don't want to end up spending a fortune as I've only had the car a month.

I need my car for work and hate driving it basically in limp mode as It's most likely only doing more damage than good and your half expecting a bang.

6 minutes ago, Mickmartin said:

Yeah mate I'm the same, Got new plugs ordered  and if they fail then I'll do coils, Reading previous posts on here there seems to be so many unsolved issues similar to ours so I'm bricking it a bit as I don't want to end up spending a fortune as I've only had the car a month.

I need my car for work and hate driving it basically in limp mode as It's most likely only doing more damage than good and your half expecting a bang.

Yep same 60k on clock full history but dunno what may be causing it hopefully can be sorted through the year warranty I got 

The Turbo disables to save the engine.

When i had the Water Pump / Supercharger Magnetic clutch requiring doing i still did up to 50 mph on the 20 mile trip to the dealership with no turbo and got about the best MPG i had ever had in that 20 miles.

Not recommended though.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/429228-fabia-mkii-vrs-water-pump-failed 

Not only can the Turbo shut down, so can 2 cylinders to save the engine, so really really take care.

It depends on the 'Misfires Recorded in a cycle' and how much load the engine is under.

It can not cope with Turbo & Supercharger with misfires and limp mode saves you thousands, do not ignore it.

Edited by Awayoffski

Just watched the video.

Until fixed DO NOT TAKE IT OVER 3,500 RPM, do not boot it between 2,400 RPM & 3,500 RPM where it is demanding Super Charger & Turbo Charger.

You can seriously damage your engine, it needs the faults dealt with, 

need to check if the Water Pump / Super Charger Magnetic Clutch needs replaced.

Mines had all the symptoms described in previous threads of the water pump leaking then eventually going into limp mode however now after getting it replaced I'm beginning to wonder if I've actually been really unlucky and hit two separate problems at the one time.

I know nothing of this magnetic clutch but could that directly cause a Misfire?

My A3 turbo had a similar prolem although that was found to be a faulty/sticking EGR valve, I know it used to be an issue with Audi but I'm not quite sure if Skoda inherited that problem.

Got my fingers crossed it's plugs or even a sensor at min.

EDIT

Had a quick dig through the history of my car and looks like it had major service in 2015 with plugs being done at 22k then earlier this year 17/2/17 it had the coils replaced by skoda.

Should this rule out the coils?

IMG_4618.JPG

Edited by Mickmartin

The Emissions Reading are all to pot as the Supercharge boost goes and the 'Engine Light' is the Exhaust Emissions Sensors picking up the issue.

As to misfires those might or might not show in the fault codes.  As to limp mode it is on boost when the fueling goes well wrong that that activates.

There are many issues that can cause the misfires, one plug going, a coil going because a plug was going, valves burning out etc etc , 

but there is simple stuff that might happen at various times, and the Water Pump needing replacing is common at around the 60,000 miles.

Not really worth comparing 1.4 TSI / TFSI Twinchargers issues with 1.4 TSI / TFSI Turbo only issues or other TSI's problems.

http://REvotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues 

No point really letting people with no Twincharger Knowledge or Experience gain it by learning on your engine.

PS

Plug / Coil failing might have the EPC light or the Engine light show or even both lights on together.

Edited by Awayoffski

Denso V20's seem to have stopped my Misfire and cleared the errors.

As mentioned in my other thread I left them at the standard 0.4mm gap and they're working just fine.

I got mine from opie oils with them being for my specific car and they came gapped at 0.4mm.

Got a 50 mile drive tomorrow so I'll se how they fair out.

IMG_4644.JPG

Edited by Mickmartin

Lets put this into the old fashioned measurement for clarity - and in the way that most people understand.

I believe I am correct in saying that 0.4mm is 15.75 thou. Looking at the pictures, I would say they are not too small - but in fact if anything too wide.

Colouration however looks quite good. Do I detect a possible crack in the ceramic of the single plug picture?? (may just be how the picture appears on my laptop screen.)

• Like 1

Couldn't see any visible damage(in the bin now).

God knows why denso and other companies are selling the them car specific at 0.4mm? Could this maybe be a revised gap, maybe they've Found a more suitable gap on the v20's?

I changed  them and they seem to work fine so far , I don't  plan in gapping brand new plugs that are doing a job.....

Edited by Mickmartin

Yeah mick I have the same installed in mine, I am getting car checked this week though as had a misfire ive asked for compression test and if any rings need replacement and do what they can while I have a loan car...

In my time in the industry, we never ever just took plugs out of packaging and fitted them. There were no specific gap set for an individual car.

We used our feeler gauges each time before fitting. It only took a few seconds per plug!

Can not understand why people assume that plugs come READY to fit.

I'm I  that out of date, has it all changed?

Edited by 2ndskoda