vRS air filter

HWolfy

So after officially owning my vRS fabia for one week I want more power. Not that there isn't enough already but I want the car to be faster. So, I have decided on a few things. Firstly a backbox delete to allow the engine the exhale more easily. I am also planning on a custom remap rather than one ready made for the car. Of course any changes I make after the remap may bot allow full potential compared to being made before and then having the custom map done. Will a k&n air filter or a 'green cotton' (?) air filter make a difference to the performance/mpg at all and is it worth the money. The car is completely stock at the moment FYI. Thank you in advance.

Ok so given this information do you think it is worth doing a backbox delete for the sound or not. Personally I wanted to keep my car a sleeper but influence from my best mate encouraged me to get a backbox delete to increase the power output which it did on his Dad's BMW. I wwnt to keep the car looking stock but being very fast

4 minutes ago, HWolfy said:

Ok so given this information do you think it is worth doing a backbox delete for the sound or not. Personally I wanted to keep my car a sleeper but influence from my best mate encouraged me to get a backbox delete to increase the power output which it did on his Dad's BMW. I wwnt to keep the car looking stock but being very fast

Ask your genius mate HOW MUCH extra power the backbox delete on a turbo diesel car will provide?

Noise, yes, if you like tractors, power, no.

This is not a modified motah circlejerk, we provide accurate technical advice based on real experience. Get the remap and focus on sorting the handling if the car is stock.

Don't forget to notify your insurance company or you'll be in for a nasty surprise.

It went from 365bhp to 393bhp. A 3litre twin turbo straight 6. 308bhp stock. Its also 863nm of torque and 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. I am stating facts there is the mapping sheets of before and after which I have seen woth my own eyes.

10 minutes ago, HWolfy said:

It went from 365bhp to 393bhp. A 3litre twin turbo straight 6. 308bhp stock. Its also 863nm of torque and 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. I am stating facts there is the mapping sheets of before and after which I have seen woth my own eyes.

It was the REMAP, not the backbox delete that did it.

As stated above, standard exhaust, air filter are good for circa 230bhp. 

Save your money and source 312mm brake set up, RARB, coilover/lowering springs in that order. Then get your remap.

No point having extra power if the car can't stop or handle it.

My car has a milltek with decat and it still sounds like a crap old fashion diesel.

But at the end of the day it is your own car and we only give advice.

On 8/28/2017 at 16:01, HWolfy said:

So after officially owning my vRS fabia for one week I want more power. Not that there isn't enough already but I want the car to be faster. So, I have decided on a few things. Firstly a backbox delete to allow the engine the exhale more easily. I am also planning on a custom remap rather than one ready made for the car. Of course any changes I make after the remap may bot allow full potential compared to being made before and then having the custom map done. Will a k&n air filter or a 'green cotton' (?) air filter make a difference to the performance/mpg at all and is it worth the money. The car is completely stock at the moment FYI. Thank you in advance.

When i bought my vRS i was thinking the same that backbox delete and cone filter will increase the power it is not the case. I went ahead and deleted the backbox and i could feel that the car had tiny bit less torque than it did before with the box in place. The only thing that backbox delete did was it increased the kooo sound and at around 3000-4000rpm when you let it fall you can hear the exhaust other than that i dont think it is worth removing it. as for the filter i left it stock after stevobeavo's comment on my exhaust thread.

On 8/28/2017 at 17:18, sepulchrave said:

Don't forget to notify your insurance company or you'll be in for a nasty surprise.

You will be for a nasty surprise if something happens and your insurance has to inspect the car. I personally did not inform them about backbox delete or the remap as they would cancel my insurance instantly.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 19:30, mdfabia1969 said:

yip iv tested it on rolling road max air flow and standard paper same out put .dave your money

I changed mine on a rolling road too (K&N panel). It made a massive 1.1 bhp extra!! This of course could be just the difference between a clean and dirty filter. Still happy that I did though. 

Edited by Jim H