Turbo valve???

Graffiti

Can anyone advise when Skoda say a turbo valve on a tdi CR which part they are referring to? Vnt set up or actuator?  I can't get an answer from them.   I'm just in wonder.   And for those that know my story .. The yeti was fixed Thursday hopefully. 8 weeks after it's first diagnostics.

This is a fault of "the fix"even more bafflingly, I don't know how but it is.

This is not overly important but I would like to know for certain which is a "turbo valve". Part does not exist on motor factors etc.

Apart from that it seems to be running well and there is mucho relief! 

The only thing I can think of on the turbo is the dump valve.

Edit: if on an engine that has the "Fix" I suspect it's the EGR valve.

Edited by Urrell

27 minutes ago, Urrell said:

The only thing I can think of on the turbo is the dump valve.

Edit: if on an engine that has the "Fix" I suspect it's the EGR valve.

Dont think they have a dump valve, a recirc valve maybe and I guess it could be that although I'm not sure it's part of the turbo assembly or further along the boost pipes..  Egr was on my mind but fault code did point to boost issue and skoda narrowed it down to turbo valve.........   Turbo valve seems a bit generic and I'd love to know what they mean for future ref.

1 hour ago, Graffiti said:

Dont think they have a dump valve, a recirc valve maybe and I guess it could be that although I'm not sure it's part of the turbo assembly or further along the boost pipes..  Egr was on my mind but fault code did point to boost issue and skoda narrowed it down to turbo valve.........   Turbo valve seems a bit generic and I'd love to know what they mean for future ref.

There is no dump valve or re-circ valve on a tdi as there is no throttle butterfly like on a petrol.

There is no valve on the turbo on your car so ring Skoda up and ask them for the correct terminology if you want answers.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Urrell said:

No EGR on a TDI?

I think you have confused recirc valve with EGR valve. I should have called it a diverter valve (which is what i think the OP was meaning)

Edited by SuperbTWM

38 minutes ago, SuperbTWM said:

I think you have confused recirc valve with EGR valve. I should have called it a diverter valve (which is what i think the OP was meaning)

Don't think it confused me at all, read post 2.

9 hours ago, Urrell said:

Don't think it confused me at all, read post 2.

Ah I see. 

Well the chances are you are right. 

But it confuses me why would they would not call it an egr valve and it's not really part of the turbo either. 

• Like 1

^^^

well thanks for the input. And I hope to have it in writing in the post although last time I asked for copy of work carried out the dealership said it was "not policy to show customer diagnostic copies of paperwork"  hence why I ask here in the hope a Skoda nut will know what Skoda mean by the vague description I got ...turbo valve...  I did not want to take people's time up with guessing and was not my intention, had I faith in receiving paperwork I would not ask.

will update if I see paperwork.  However it's the third day without limp mode so mystery turbo valve may have been culprit..

But anyway, 8 weeks later and yeti running good... Though fuel economy gives us grey hair! 4x4 110bhp is a bit wanting, a stage 1'increased mpg by 5mpg and performance is great.

will update what the turbo valve is when I know. 

• Like 1

Arnold Clark or any motor group can have what ever policy they want on Warranty Work & Paperwork or diagnosis work but it is not their vehicle and unless they are paying the Warranty Provider / people paying or the Customer / Owner of the vehicle have the right to know what was done to their vehicle, and what paets have been repaired or replaced, 

And Arnold Clark Motor Group, or any other know that, as do Skoda UK and any other warranty provider.

Owner of the vehicles service and maintenance records, and a matter of safety into the future, 

and if the Information is held on Computer the Data Protection allows the 'Owner' to see what is held on Computer, and just on paper filing then the Data Protection has no concern anyway.

Just get who paid for the work to show what they paid for, and what parts were put on the vehicle, Part Number etc.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2017 at 23:20, Sad555 said:

Get them to put it in writing,explain in technical terms the exact component problem otherwise everybody is having a guess from a vague discription

Wee update.

The paperwork all came through today as I had requested from Skoda again.    It says " Replaced Turbo Valve"  them reassemble etc.

Whatever it is the dealership are billing Skoda for warranty against dieselgate fix. Just dont see how an actuator or the like would be affected by it..... Egr etc maybe....

So Im none the wiser for waiting for paperwork.. and our case is now closed. Car still running well and no limp mode.  

Case closed :)   but darn it..... Turbo valve??

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

They love saying Case Closed, but it is not until the List of Parts fitted to the car arrives, then you will know by the Part Numbers what was fitted.

For your Service Records and future reference....

Wifes called in tears..... Yeti broken down again.  She cant cope with this any more. :crying:  our yearly holiday in a week which is why we bought it 10 weeks ago. Will update later.

• Sad 3

On 9/3/2017 at 12:42, Graffiti said:

^^^

well thanks for the input. And I hope to have it in writing in the post although last time I asked for copy of work carried out the dealership said it was "not policy to show customer diagnostic copies of paperwork"  hence why I ask here in the hope a Skoda nut will know what Skoda mean by the vague description I got ...turbo valve...  I did not want to take people's time up with guessing and was not my intention, had I faith in receiving paperwork I would not ask.

My response to this would be "It is not my policy to use garages that will not tell me what work they have carried out on my property."

• Like 2

?

Is that Service Manager, Workshop Manager or Dealership Manager?  Deal with the Principal Dealer or Finance Director and have it all in writing, 

If this is Arnold Clark Motor Group then you know a Solicitor might be required, 

as it is VW Group have the Peace of Mind Guarantee so ARNOLD CLARK might have an easy out, and VW Group can get the Courtesy car arranged and 

vehicle exchange for 'One fit for purpose post FIX'.  ie Usable as a vehicle for a family, and safely so.

59 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

?

Is that Service Manager, Workshop Manager or Dealership Manager?  Deal with the Principal Dealer or Finance Director and have it all in writing, 

If this is Arnold Clark Motor Group then you know a Solicitor might be required, 

as it is VW Group have the Peace of Mind Guarantee so ARNOLD CLARK might have an easy out, and VW Group can get the Courtesy car arranged and 

vehicle exchange for 'One fit for purpose post FIX'.  ie Usable as a vehicle for a family, and safely so.

General manager .... but to be honest none of management want to talk to us.  So first avenue is vehicle sold unfit for purpose with active  fault codes dated to pre our ownership and in dealer possesion. Then 3 different diagnostics on 3 different weeks and 3 different visits to be fixed and each time with cloak and dagger we are told its fixed. And over 10 weeks of stress and car running like john deere finest.

Will see what happens after we have our call returned today.  Im half expecting guys in black suits to come and get us already so if you dont hear from me etc :biggrin:

• Like 1