Issue with the Bluetooth - infotainment system

I use my Spotify to stream music in the car at certain times of the day. My Google pixel phone has just updated to Oreo 8 version and since the upgrade, the information on the maxidot display and on the main display is OK for the first track, then remains the same during the next one, only changing and remaining one track behind? 

I have checked the portal and no update is there for the Amundsen, other than a sat nav update.

I have checked the Spotify help page to no avail, has anyone else had or having this issue?

I've not tried connecting the phone to the aux via cable yet, but I might get one if it will help.

I have a different issue to you, with my Sony phone and Bluetooth into the Bolero. Previous phone (Z3) worked better than the current. 

Given up trying to get back functionality that was there before. 

@StonkerI am guessing this is more to do with you being at the bleeding edge of OS releases.  I would expect that Spotify will have to updte their app or Skoda theirs to match the new Android release.

You may have to wait until a few more manufacturers distribute Oreo and it becomes wothwhile for the developers to do updates.

17 minutes ago, Andyjm2uk said:

@StonkerI am guessing this is more to do with you being at the bleeding edge of OS releases.  I would expect that Spotify will have to updte their app or Skoda theirs to match the new Android release.

You may have to wait until a few more manufacturers distribute Oreo and it becomes wothwhile for the developers to do updates.

I had the same thought, it's a downside of having the latest up-to-date tech I guess. I might try a cable to see if it works, but thinking about it, I don't think it will, as the 3.5 audio cable only carries audio 

(Insert Homer Simpson, doooooh here)

• Haha 1

Unfortunately no success. 

I deleted the Bluetooth devices and started from scratch, the Spotify is still playing out of sync as before. 

I've looked at the android auto, do I need the Skoda smart link enabling on the Amundsen unit, or is it just a case of download and plug and play? 

7 minutes ago, Andyjm2uk said:

If the head unit supports Android Auto you just need to install the app on the phone and plug it in via USB

Easiest thing to do by far...I use it in my superb work vehicle and it's pretty faultless...plus the Google maps sat nav is superior to the Skoda set up.

Your Google pixel is obviously made for android auto...you will love it and won't go back.

Only caveat is to get the best quality cable you can find.

Edited by vrs4011
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vrs4011 said:

Easiest thing to do by far...I use it in my superb work vehicle and it's pretty faultless...plus the Google maps sat nav is superior to the Skoda set up.

Your Google pixel is obviously made for android auto...you will love it and won't go back.

Only caveat is to get the best quality cable you can find.

I've just downloaded it and come to set it up only to discover that my 2015 Amundsen unit won't support android auto :crying: if it was a 2016 it would. I'll get on to Skoda to see if they can address it with an update or a patch. Got to be worth a try?

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

I've just downloaded it and come to set it up only to discover that my 2015 Amundsen unit won't support android auto :crying: if it was a 2016 it would. I'll get on to Skoda to see if they can address it with an update or a patch. Got to be worth a try?

Ahh nighmare..

Good louck with getting the sofware upgrade.  Hope it works..

I have discovered while sat waiting that the Spotify app on my pixel is in fact displaying the correct information for the current track. So the issue must lie with the infotainment system, I'm going to try and make contact with Skoda to see if they can roll out an update to fix this. Failing than I'm going to be well and truly stumped as to what my options will be?

Again, thanks for the replies. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Hi, has there been anymore update on this? 

Been having this issue with my Bolero infotainment system in my Octavia for the last year. Spotify would be showing the correct information, but the infotainment system would always be one track behind what is being played. I've check the SKoda update portal but there are no new updates for Bolero.

4 hours ago, mksun said:

Hi, has there been anymore update on this? 

Been having this issue with my Bolero infotainment system in my Octavia for the last year. Spotify would be showing the correct information, but the infotainment system would always be one track behind what is being played. I've check the SKoda update portal but there are no new updates for Bolero.

The problem never got sorted, according to skoda the only way to try and rectify the problem was to try mirror link. But due to the milage I was plonking on that car I decided to save money and not purchase mirror link, but I have changed up to a newer car. Drastic I know, but it was mainly the mileage that swayed the decision.

As others have said the hardware is not able to support the functionality so a software update isn't possible.