The next PM?

S00perb

6 minutes ago, Aspman said:

We've none of them right now.

All we've got are the self serving, entitled and rich.

Totally agree that labour have missed a chance in a century. All they had to do was to be a credible centrist opposition and they could have put the Tories out of office for a generation by being merely competent. FFS Tony Blair could get Labour back in now.

It seems he’s convinced the union movement will have him for dinner if he supervises an embarrassing Brexit reversal.

no matter what happens nobody will be happy.

Who would want the job ahead !

Just now, Ryeman said:

no matter what happens nobody will be happy.

Who would want the job ahead !

an absolute truth!

• Like 2

Out of those currently declared they are standing to be the Conservative & Unionist Leader and maybe the UK Prime Minister for a while it looks like Dominic Raab MP actually might be best Qualified, then Rory Stewart MP.

They have the CV / Experience and less in the pocket of Media Barons possibly, maybe less in the Financial Institutions pockets as well.

1 minute ago, Skoffski said:

Out of those currently declared they are standing to be the Conservative & Unionist Leader and maybe the UK Prime Minister for a while it looks like Dominic Raab MP actually might be best Qualified, then Rory Stewart MP.

They have the CV / Experience and less in the pocket of Media Barons possibly, maybe less in the Financial Institutions pockets as well.

Sadly I suspect the best blowhard will win in this social media afflicted world George.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

I agree with those two candidates but Stewart over Raab

• Like 1

Not Stewart over Rabb for me, just Stewart has the past experience required, and the Royal connections, and Security connection, but then maybe suspected as being a MI5 / MI6 employee will not work as a World Leader. Works for others, not MI5 / MI6 obviously with Putin. 

Boris & Putin connection there though.

Love the way that there are those and such as those with 'a past', and you would never get Leader if you want people without a past.

What the UK needs is a Leader that can not be blackmailed. 

So a few that will stand will drop out, and some have already said they will not stand. I would say, dare not stand.

Fronting Tax Evading Companies or Corporations in the past will be more of an issue than who you had or have sex with.

Even if with more than one at a time, but then they need to be human and willing i would expect, not that it seemed to matter in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Stewart

He would have had to resign soon from his last cabinet post anyway if he never managed what he said he would with prisons.

Theresa May MP / PM gave him his new / current job in time for her standing down.

He would be The Queens choice i think, he did well for her Grandchildren.

Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 10.39.40.png

Edited by Skoffski

Raab was recently described to me as a Conservative fundamentalist psychopath.

I wonder if that might make him the best candidate?

I think Bojo's 'swordsmanship' might come back to bite home now.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

What the UK needs is a Leader that can not be blackmailed. 

So a few that will stand will drop out, and some have already said they will not stand. I would say, dare not stand.

This is politics. They all have skeletons in their closets or others put them there. The papers are already going for smear tactics to anyone who threatens their view and to be honest with what they’re dragging up it's not going to work and may help some candidates. You only need look at the “opposition” leader and all the skeletons in his closest yet riots thought he’d could lead them. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ryeman said:

Sadly I suspect the best blowhard will win in this social media afflicted world George.

Whoever Murdoch wants to be PM..........

3 hours ago, OldTrilobite said:

Surely, anyone convicted of having shown an interest in politics should, by law, be disqualified from standing in a general election.

There was a time loooong ago when people contemplated the concept of serving others.

The current concept is self-service and you are the goods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lee01 said:

Whoever Murdoch wants to be PM..........

.......a mutual agreement to pinch the nose and look the other way.

I heard Jeremy Hunt being interviewed after the 8 am news on Radio 4 this morning. I find it incredible that a man who has the position of Foreign Secretary can waffle such vague bits of wishful thinking, blindly refusing to acknowledge the real political impossibilities of his "solutions".

3 minutes ago, OldTrilobite said:

I heard Jeremy Hunt being interviewed after the 8 am news on Radio 4 this morning. I find it incredible that a man who has the position of Foreign Secretary can waffle such vague bits of wishful thinking, blindly refusing to acknowledge the real political impossibilities of his "solutions".

Think we all know what ryhmes with Hunt.:thinking:

If you want ‘free trade’ it means free movement of people also. It’s non-negotiable.

Thems the basic rules........comprende .

All this blather about not wanting to be ordered around by Barnier, Tusk, Junker etc is just a windup and in reality just a cover for a dislike of foreigners ‘flooding’ England.

Why not now negotiate a quota system instead because I doubt if there are any EU members who don’t want you to remain in.  

You might even come out of this looking quiet savvy .

Stop this zero sum game.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2019 at 10:48, Aspman said:

Raab was recently described to me as a Conservative fundamentalist psychopath.

I wonder if that might make him the best candidate?

I think Bojo's 'swordsmanship' might come back to bite home now.

Exactly. BoJo has told a few porkies and likes to get swept along in whichever way public opinion is blowing in. 

He's previously claimed to oppose no deal and wouldn't support it. 

Raab is probably the best out of the bad bunch, but hasn't a clue about some pretty basic stuff. Marr ate him alive 

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Think we all know what ryhmes with Hunt.:thinking:

The head of a department where I once studied was a Professor Hunt. Not well liked, the staff apparently called him Cairy Hunt 😯

• Haha 2