VW OEM rear view camera for mk2 VRS

Aslak

Hi guys!

I'm buying a second hand Columbus for my Fabia mk2 vrs (2013). I've been using an Android stereo with one of those cheap backup cameras with the yellow connector cable replacing the boot handle. Now that I need to do changes anyway, I think I'll opt for replacing the camera with a cheap OEM RGB camera mounted in the same location. The VW/Skoda brand ones are very expensive, so I'm considering the OEM ones sold on Ali Express. Question is, will they fit? Has anyone tried them?

Have a look at these examples (hopefully the links will work):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-OEM-VW-RGB-Rear-View-Reversing-Camera-RVC-For-Golf-Plus-Jetta-MK5-5-MK6/32538363821.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-Original-VW-RGB-Rear-view-Camera-For-Golf-Plus-Jetta-MK5-MK6-Tiguan-Passat-B7/1196289535.html

As far as I can tell, they should fit, however Ali Express sellers aren't exactly known for using quality pictures of their items. Does anyone know if the VW models mentioned in the ads use the same boot handle types as we do in our Fabias?

And no, we don't really need these cameras, but I like having everything ;)

Both the ones I linked has got the rectangular plug which goes into the yellow socket on the back of the head unit (check all the photos). There's just another connection in between because it's impossible to get that big plug through all the places you need to pull the wire through. The second set looks to me like it's of a better quality than the first one. My biggest concern is will the camera/handle itself physically fit my Fabia... It says it fits

Golf Plus, Jetta MK5 / MK6, Tiguan and Passat B7, but I have no idea if those cars has the same size as the Fabia.

Edited by Aslak

• 3 months later...

I completely forgot about this thread. Sorry.

I did receive my camera after the usual 6 weeks delivery. Unfortunately it does not fit my mk2. The frame/boot handle part of the camera is too big. I'll measure it later, maybe someone else needs one. I suspect it will fit a couple of other Skoda models.

I'm still looking for an alternative.