2017 Octavia vRS trim removal

I've just ordered a 2017 Octavia vRS which should be with me by the end of December.  I'm wanting to fit a dashcam to the front and rear of the car.  I fitted a Mini0805 dashcam to my 2008 Octavia a couple of years ago and neatly fitted all cables inside the trim of the A-Pillarand into the fuse box.  Will I be able to remove the A-Pillar trim of a 2017 model in the same way?  Also, does anyone know of any YouTube videos which will show me how I can remove the plastic trim next to the glass of the boot so that I can again neatly install wires and have a rear facing dashcam as I can't find any.

Hi both

Planning on fitting one to my 2017 Oct VRS on Monday - question re the positioning of the camera.  Would you put it just behind the rear view mirror, or at the bottom of the windscreen?   Thanks

15 minutes ago, BradleyR said:

Hi both

Planning on fitting one to my 2017 Oct VRS on Monday - question re the positioning of the camera.  Would you put it just behind the rear view mirror, or at the bottom of the windscreen?   Thanks

Always best to fit at the top of the screen for the best view, behind the mirror is the normal place, just ensure that you place it where the screen is clear with no tint.

37 minutes ago, BradleyR said:

Thanks. My VRS has this great big grey box that the rear mirror is affixed to, so it'll have to be slightly off centre, but hopefully OK.  

Should be ok, mine is mounted on the passenger side of the centre due to this bit also. The lens is wide enough for it not to be an issue.

9 hours ago, BradleyR said:

Hi both

Which cam are you using?

1 hour ago, Iainp9 said:

Do you have a link to it? Is it available on Amazon?

https://www.banggood.com/Mobius-New-Version-Wide-Angle-Lens-C2-1080P-HD-Mini-Action-Camera-p-985644.html

Don't think it is available on Amazon. I've had this a few years now and it does the job great, but I'd imagine there may be better alternatives out there now. It's very discreet and has good quality video but very basic in features.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, did anyone find a guide to this? I installed the front camera from my new Blackvue kit last week, but I haven't attempted the rear yet not knowing how any of the trims come off. Mine is a wagon, any insight from you guys would be excellent :) 

On 23/09/2017 at 20:48, Iainp9 said:

We have a 412 in a vehicle at work, I had a good "fiddle" with all of the settings the other day and I was impressed, that said, I do like the idea of the BlackVue kit, it's not cheap but looks the mutts nuts

5 hours ago, Rhys_vRS said:

Hey guys, did anyone find a guide to this? I installed the front camera from my new Blackvue kit last week, but I haven't attempted the rear yet not knowing how any of the trims come off. Mine is a wagon, any insight from you guys would be excellent :) 

I have the Blackvue 650s fitted in my Vrs, front and read dash cams. I have it set to Normal mode, parking mode plus event recordings. In parking mode the cameras fall asleep but a proximity sensor wakes them up and the dash cams ( Front and read ) records for a minute then goes back to sleep.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

9 hours ago, Rhys_vRS said:

There is an excellent guide on the MKIII Superb forum that i used to fit my rear camera. Trim is the same and you'll find it easy after a read of the post. Hopefully it will be highlighted below for you.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/428854-skoda-superb-estate-2ch-dashcam-install/?do=findComment&comment=4851209