Paint defect? Opinions please.

G8VRS

Hi all, just noticed what I think is a paint defect on the rear bumper on my new VRS (only done 2000 miles), the paint appears to be flaking. Do you think I have a valid warranty claim? I would touch it up myself but wouldn’t want to effect any claim in the future if it should spread.

Would the best course of action be to show dealership, see what they say?

cheers,

G8VRS

CCFF37BA-7868-4AB7-AF91-38DB6897493D.jpeg

0B051316-F929-46EE-8396-E314FF5DA7DF.jpeg

Were the mudflaps Dealership fitted, or be you or someone else?

See what the Qualified Paint Technician says at the Dealership if they have one, then they can take pictures, or the Workshop or Warranty Manager can and get the Paint Warranty Claim into Skoda UK who can have an Expert Inspect & Test if they want.

It is not down to the Dealership Employees to decide, 

& then you want the repair to Factory Standards / Spec, and if that was how painted at the factory, better than Factory Finish / Spec.

The Expert will know if it is Factory Finish or a repair happened before delivery to the Dealership, or maybe after delivery to the Dealership.

Ask the Warranty Manager if there was repairs carried out before hand over to you.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

1 hour ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Were the mudflaps Dealership fitted, or be you or someone else?

See what the Qualified Paint Technician says at the Dealership if they have one, then they can take pictures, or the Workshop or Warranty Manager can and get the Paint Warranty Claim into Skoda UK who can have an Expert Inspect & Test if they want.

It is not down to the Dealership Employees to decide, 

& then you want the repair to Factory Standards / Spec, and if that was how painted at the factory, better than Factory Finish / Spec.

The Expert will know if it is Factory Finish or a repair happened before delivery to the Dealership, or maybe after delivery to the Dealership.

Ask the Warranty Manager if there was repairs carried out before hand over to you.

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t have any mudflaps fitted that little 3 inch lip is standard on the Facelift VRS it’s not actually a mudflap that you can see.

Will pop into my local dealership and get them to look at it. 

Cheers,

G8VRS

6 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

I'm guessing they may try and wriggle out of it by blaming a pressure washer...don't have any of it, the paint should be able to withstand it.

Yes I definitely wouldn’t stand for that as it’s only ever been washed with a hose, bucket of water and a wash mitt. And I would have to agree even if I had used a pressure washer, a properly painted car should be able to withstand that.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update. This was approved as a warranty repair by Skoda and repaired with no issues, also they did a recall item why she was there on the boot catch release (or button) so all in all I’m a happy chappy again. :biggrin:

G8VRS

• Like 2