Android Oreo update messes with Bluetooth to Columbus

I recently got the Android Oreo update on my phone and I've just noticed today that whereas I can still play music from my phone on the Columbus, it no longer shows any information at all about the track on the Columbus (track name, time remaining, etc) and the on-screen controls no longer work (play, pause, etc). So I now have to use the phone to control everything, which is a bit of a pain. Very annoying that it's broken what was a perfectly working system!

Anyone got any ideas on how it might be possible to get round this? I'm very much suspecting there's absolutely nothing I can do but thought I'd just ask on the off chance.

I can't remember any obvious issues after my phone (Nexus 5x) updated to Oreo.

As soon as I get the car back from the bodyshop I can check for you :)

Might be worth resetting the bluetooth on both the car and phone?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add, my Nexus 5X running Oreo (October update) is working normally with my Columbus, track info is still shown and skip buttons work.

Columbus software is 5274 and I use a 3C8035730E BT module.