Problems with the dpf

Brigy

Recently bought a skoda Octavia 2012 and having trouble with the dpf filter. Been told to take it on the motorway every 2 days to regen it. Is this the only option as the car dealer has had it back to them 3 times now to sought out my problem. Any advice........

1 hour ago, Brigy said:

Recently bought a skoda Octavia 2012 and having trouble with the dpf filter. Been told to take it on the motorway every 2 days to regen it. Is this the only option as the car dealer has had it back to them 3 times now to sought out my problem. Any advice........

No, sounds like the DPF has gone beyond the point where it can regen on it's own.

The dealer should be able to a forced regen, the vehicle will need to have had an oil and filter changed done with in the last 3 months and must have over qtr of tank of in it. we have had to change the pressure sensors as sometime, if the dosen't work then a new DPF is required or the DPF refurbed or cleaned.

The dealer should sort it under warranty as at the moment it is a fault on the vehicle, not wear and tear related.

• Thanks 1

Welcome.

You best check if the car has already had the VW 'Fix' carried out on it, and it may have some sort of '24 month' warranty from the VW Group.

As it is the Dealership need to sell you a car 'Fit for Purpose',  and if they can not sort it out, it is there issue.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ju1ian1001 said:

No, sounds like the DPF has gone beyond the point where it can regen on it's own.

The dealer should be able to a forced regen, the vehicle will need to have had an oil and filter changed done with in the last 3 months and must have over qtr of tank of in it. we have had to change the pressure sensors as sometime, if the dosen't work then a new DPF is required or the DPF refurbed or cleaned.

The dealer should sort it under warranty as at the moment it is a fault on the vehicle, not wear and tear related.

so cos me service is due this could help me dpf function properly?

6 hours ago, Brigy said:

so cos me service is due this could help me dpf function properly?

No won't help with the normal regen process, it's mainly done because the forced regen works the DPF harder and hotter so degrades the oil. Normally at work if we do a forced regen with oil theats over 3 months old, we change the oil and filter so as not to cause trouble to the turbo etc.

If you've only recently bought it then you're well within your rights to have it fixed by the supplying dealer, it's their problem for 6 months!

Tell them to replace the DPF or give you your money back would be my advice! 

• Thanks 1