Warning symbol

I have a warning symbol in the vehicle status screen showing steering column, righthand wheelarch and maybe a small object near the baulkhead under the bonnet. Any ideas what this is for I cannot find it in owners manual

IMG_6272.JPG

The power steering appears to be working fine it switches to sport mode giving more resistance and back to normal again ok?

i have noticed some noise sometimes on full lock but that could be normal behaviour?

I was unable to obtain further info when I pressed the left info button?

In the maxidot you should be able to get a Vehicle Status screen which gives you a written text about the warning shown on the headunit.

Like "Low Fuel", "Low washer fluid", "ACC unavailable" etc... 

Doesn't it usually show the component (s) in orange on that Vehicle status screen if there's a warning? If my screenwash is low I'm sure it shows the screenwash reservoir in orange on the car rather than white

2 hours ago, ahenners said:

Doesn't it usually show the component (s) in orange on that Vehicle status screen if there's a warning? If my screenwash is low I'm sure it shows the screenwash reservoir in orange on the car rather than white

The power steering appears to be working fine it switches to sport mode with more resistance and back to normal.

i have noticed some noise on full lock but that could be normal behaviour

Hi all thanks for your comments The Skoda dealership said that it's to bring my attention to a warning which was that I need an oil change in 700 miles.

I'm not obsolutly convinced but I will be this so having oil service next month and we will see! I will keep you posted if it isn't cleared by oil change.

18 minutes ago, clhar said:

The Skoda dealership said that it's to bring my attention to a warning which was that I need an oil change in 700 miles.

In my uneducated opinion that is crap. Why would the steering system be highlighted for an oil change in 700 miles?

I was thinking power steering fluid alert, but your car has the electro-mechanical power steering doesn't it? So, no fluid.

I believe it is likely to be for the 'Service Due' message.  I have had this many times on my car when it is due a service, although I have the Columbus system and that tells you the issue.  The steering wheel DOES show like when the service is due

There is two buttons on the left of the screen which you have cut off the picture.  One will be the 'Start-Stop' status, and i think the other should be the message regarding the 'fault' (if memory serves).

Other method is using display between your speedo and rev counter, go to 'Vehicle' and that will tell you whats up

Edited by Rob123