DTUK box in a TSI vrs 245?

• 2 months later...

My Bluetooth FSR+ tuning box is arriving in the next few hours and I can't wait to see how much of a difference it makes to my vRS 230. I also asked to the Clubsport Map etc so thanks for the information posted in this thread.  I'm really interested to see what the Bluetooth functionality is like too, should be much easier to leave the car in "stock" when the wife has it! ;-)

Does anyone have any hints/tips on fitting the box?

Edited by Bignod00

4 minutes ago, Bignod00 said:

My Bluetooth FSR+ tuning box is arriving in the next few hours and I can't wait to see how much of a difference it makes to my vRS 230. I also asked to the Clubsport Map etc so thanks for the information posted in this thread.  I'm really interested to see what the Bluetooth functionality is like too, should be much easier to leave the car in "stock" when the wife has it! ;-)

Yeah, its a pain in the backside to fit.

Jack the car up, whack it on axle stands and remove the front under tray - that will make it easy for you to access the lower boost sensor. All other sensors are easy to locate and access.

2 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Yeah, its a pain in the backside to fit.

Jack the car up, whack it on axle stands and remove the front under tray - that will make it easy for you to access the lower boost sensor. All other sensors are easy to locate and access.

Thanks for the advice matey, I didn't realise it was quite such a ballache but I'm sure i'll get it sorted nice and quickly!

2 hours ago, Bignod00 said:

Thanks for the advice matey, I didn't realise it was quite such a ballache but I'm sure i'll get it sorted nice and quickly!

Oh yeah, it's not just a PITA from above its just seeing the bloody thing is hard enough

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 14:05, Cm11 said:

Just out of interest but has anyone put the 245 on a Rolling road to see what it’s putting out as standard?

I know vag sometimes quote the bhp a bit on the conservative side 

On Shell V-Power mine pushed out 248.6bhp on 12/03/2018, before re-map at AmD Essex and 302.1bhp afterwards.

10 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

On Shell V-Power mine pushed out 248.6bhp on 12/03/2018, before re-map at AmD Essex and 302.1bhp afterwards.

Agree with noaim it is an absolute animal now thanks to 345lb/ft of torque at 2800rpm it revs incredibly quickly in 2nd gear,

really easy to hit the limiter, with traction control light flashing away, and only in third does it calm down a little. Can change up early now at 5500rpm due to 302bhp, where as before 248bhp produced at 5000rpm. Remember standard 245 should produce 273lb/ft of torque at 1600rpm.

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2018 at 10:32, Bignod00 said:

How did u get on with it? :)

On 07/03/2018 at 10:32, Bignod00 said:

14 minutes ago, CSHVRS230 said:

How did u get on with it? :)

Hey buddy, installation was much easier than I expected and only took about 20 minutes including jacking the car up etc.

The car goes really well with the box fitted, it pulls away slightly from my mate in his 340bhp Leon Cupra but I think that's down to the DSG.

Edited by Bignod00
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

So tempted to get one of these now.

Anyone know what sort of top speed and 0-60 the 245 would have with one fitted?

Every yr me and my mates do a eurotrip - cars need to be sub 6 secs to 60 and over 165mph top speed to keep up - as a minimum.  Was going to buy a cayman, but wondering if a tuning box would give me enough to achieve those figure and not need a new car!