New owner here

Mikeyd1

Thanks for the information Ken. Some dry and sunny day I will take the wheel and seats out and see exactly what I've got, I've only had one seat out so far, and glanced at the spare wheel.

1 hour ago, kenfowler3966 said:

The raised boot floor does not just come in and out as secured to the car at the front. You can't take out the spare and use all the space under as it relies on the wheel to support it and the loads above.

It is easy to take the raised floor in and out - there are two clips at the front which you press and just lift it out. However for normal use of full boot depth I fold the front floor back on itself (usually leave in that configuration anyway) and then hinge the whole floor forward and retain vertical using two of the parcel hooks on the frontmost position, the hooks hold the floor upright. That method was demonstrated to me when I collected the car from the dealer and is the official Skoda method.

The beauty of the system in normal use is by folding the front half back on itself you leave a perfect well to put loaded bags into and they are held secure and upright. Of course you can leave the front half down to give you a perfectly flat floor or raise the whole lot, as described above, to release maximum depth - ideal when carrying logs or anything bulky!

Surprisingly useful extra.

1 hour ago, kenfowler3966 said:

So impressed with the drill and plug system, I bought my own kit on ebay for £10 and hopefully can repair any nail or screw hole at the side of the road as the car comes with a pump anyway.

What brand of drill and plug system did you get - is there any difference between the brands advertised?

14 hours ago, Mikeyd1 said:

Does anyone know why I have not got a digital mpg read out on mfd display. Thanks in advance

On MFD display go to

Settings
MFD Display

Put a tick in the boxes for average and current fuel consumption and any others you want displayed.

18 minutes ago, Mikeyd1 said:

It was on the screen all along.lol. but it is in kph not mpg is there a away to change it.thanks

Are you wanting MPG or MPH?
If MPH it is not possible without something like VCDS to change car location to USA or Australia, you are stuck with KPH.

48 minutes ago, Urrell said:

Are you wanting MPG or MPH?
If MPH it is not possible without something like VCDS to change car location to USA or Australia, you are stuck with KPH.

Mph.thanks 

3 hours ago, Mikeyd1 said:

Mph.thanks 

Your original question asked for MPG.
"" Does anyone know why I have not got a digital mpg read out on mfd display ""

Yes it was auto correct on my phone. Now I just noticed a small chip on windscreen with 4 tiny lines coming out the chip. It's no bigger 7mm tho. Now got to get this sorted. Anyone had halfords to a chip? There site said £25

20 minutes ago, Mikeyd1 said:

Yes it was auto correct on my phone. Now I just noticed a small chip on windscreen with 4 tiny lines coming out the chip. It's no bigger 7mm tho. Now got to get this sorted. Anyone had halfords to a chip? There site said £25

Most insurance covers repairing chips for free , and not losing no claims.

Yes mine it is free. It's just the hassle only had the car 2 days. Anyways the car so far has been very good. Little rough on broken uneven roads but apart from that it's all good. I have been looking for some nearly new matterhorn alloys but they are quite hard to get hold off.

Beware!  Four little 7mm lines can suddenly and quickly get much longer.  Best deal with it! 

(Just had Autoglass back to repair a chip in the new screen that they put in only three weeks ago. Such is life.)

38 minutes ago, Brijo said:

Beware!  Four little 7mm lines can suddenly and quickly get much longer.  Best deal with it! 

(Just had Autoglass back to repair a chip in the new screen that they put in only three weeks ago. Such is life.)

Will be calling them tomorrow. Get it done asap

• Like 1

I spec'ed mudflaps on the diesel but the current petrol didn't have them.  Both filthy in full Yeti coat within a mile or two, so no significant difference, methinks - not enough to justify the cost of flaps, anyway. 

• Like 1

I thought there was too much chance of ripping them off. Have done that on other cars trying to back up a kerb. If you trap the flap between an obstruction the wheel could normally climb over and the wheel going backwards it just rips it off.

Having gone for a 4x4 the last thing I want to do is effectively reduce the ground clearance 

• Like 2