Hatchback vs Estate

V5-Steve

Morning all.

I have been looking at the estates and hatchbacks as I want to get rid of my car in the new year.

Autotrader specs on both cars say the boot space is 505 litres, surely the estate has slightly more. I need a reasonable boot for our camping gear.

Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Thanks

Autotrader is wrong. The estate has a much larger boot than the hatchback, and is very practical. Its larger than many executive car boots.

For camping gear you need the estate. The hatchback boot is more suitable for shopping runs.

23 minutes ago, greenineboss said:

I had an estate and i loved it however the seats didnt fold completely flat which bugged me, bear this in mind if u transport wide items e.g flatpack ikea furniture 

You can make them flat if you take the seat bottoms out :)

• Like 1

Indeed the rear seat bottoms can easily be lifted/tilted forward - see the green fabia above - to allow the seat back to drop and make a reasonably flat floor but I think there is still a small step - again look at the pictures above. And really light and easy to remove too as in the red car above, which gives an extra 3 or 4 inches in length too. Same is true in the hatchback.

Great design, I can't understand why the Octavia has a fixed rear seat bottom that gives it a stupid large step in the floor.

Edited by xman