Red Octavia VRS mk2

HarleQuinn

2 minutes ago, skinnyman said:

I think the eyebrows work really well in black and are definitely better than when you had them in red.  As for the spoiler, I'm a big fan of things like that and always wanted one on my Mk1 Octavia vRS.  Good work!:thumbup:

Thank you :)

It wasn't me who had the red eyebrows but I know the car you mean. I was split between red an black but as my front end has a lot of gloss black and the plastics being sprayed gloss it made sense? I really appreciate the comments!

Edited by HarleQuinn

• 3 weeks later...

Superskoda Honeycomb grill sprayed gloss black and fitted.

New custom VRS badge sprayed and fitted.

Lower honeycomb surrounds replaced with new ones, sprayed gloss black and fitted.

Superskoda headlight eyebrows fitted.

Daytime running lights and fog lights tinted to match the headlights.

Side.jpg.c37b33cd6cac3eeafb2766b1e0142106.jpg

front.thumb.jpg.8c55b16f60ef625683765609373d9e7a.jpg

1685200786_Side2.jpg.d19f94ff5c780dd4c930b45eb2049bcb.jpg

Edited by HarleQuinn
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, dilksie said:

Bonnet lifters look good, who made them if you don't mind me asking?

A friend made the brackets for me and gave me the struts. I then sanded down, prepped and colour coded them and customised them to my car :)

19 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

A friend made the brackets for me and gave me the struts. I then sanded down, prepped and colour coded them and customised them to my car :)

He's done a cracking job on them, I bet he could sell a few sets if he were to produce them!!!

Did you have any more thoughts on selling your original spoiler?

Edited by dilksie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dilksie said:

He's done a cracking job on them, I bet he could sell a few sets if he were to produce them!!!

Did you have any more thoughts on selling your original spoiler?

Yes I am really happy with them, compared to some kits this has all the strengthening needed!

He would produce more if enough interest he said but only a few have shown interest. A picture of them before I painted them is below.

The spoiler, I may as well sell it. Not sure what it's worth?

IMG_20181210_151317.jpg

7 minutes ago, dilksie said:

I would be interested in a set, price dependant of course!!

As for the spoiler, I take it there are no major marks on it and the paint isn't faded or has any lacquer lift, if so how does £50 cash sound if I collect? 

I am happy with that, although it is quite a drive to me in Coventry!

I will give it a once over and a polish tonight and get you some pictures!

5 hours ago, dilksie said:

Coventry isn't too far, about 1 1/2 hours. In fact I bought my car from there!!

Ah ok fair enough!

If I recall it had a very minor, and I mean minor fade spot from the sun. I had the whole car detailed, polished and paint enhanced last year and since then I have always used good polish and paint protection so it is as in good condition now as you will probably get. 

No major marks, no fade that I can see any longer, no lacquer peel. Do you still want some pics?

6 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

Ah ok fair enough!

If I recall it had a very minor, and I mean minor fade spot from the sun. I had the whole car detailed, polished and paint enhanced last year and since then I have always used good polish and paint protection so it is as in good condition now as you will probably get. 

No major marks, no fade that I can see any longer, no lacquer peel. Do you still want some pics?

If you wouldn't mind, some pics would be great so I can confirm condition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, JLawson90 said:

one of the best I've seen, very nice!

Thank you!

It needs a good c3 stage clean, decontamination and DA polish but I will be doing that when we get 2 warmer days!

• 1 year later...

Long time since I did any updates, not many modifications in the last 12 months but a few to report over the coming days!

New alloy wheels, michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres, side skirt extensions and rear bumper canards added recently.

1.thumb.png.bf116655a67da2b44dd81256993156f8.png        2.png.68469bd330c88c767e7c87e1591f1a9f.png  

3.png.16e943f935192f18770585bec044ed61.png       4.png.549f9fd1ec687b48463431254fcc4d30.png

Edited by HarleQuinn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

Engine bay shots, not sure if I will add red silicone hoses or not...

1.png.dfc0a1ca876c70006f69fca52db3f586.png 

There's definitely a lot of work gone into your car and I can appreciate the red and black theme as mine's similar in that respect.

From a personal point of view, I'd say there's enough red under there already but it's your car and if you want to, go for it.  

Just out of interest, what happened to the black wheels in the earlier posts? (March '19) I quite liked those.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skinnyman said:

There's definitely a lot of work gone into your car and I can appreciate the red and black theme as mine's similar in that respect.

From a personal point of view, I'd say there's enough red under there already but it's your car and if you want to, go for it.  

Just out of interest, what happened to the black wheels in the earlier posts? (March '19) I quite liked those.

I think you are right, don't want to overdo it with red in the engine bay.

The other black wolfrace alloys were a pain to keep clean, easily kerbed as they had a protruding lip and was hard to see them in pictures at times so I sold them and got these :)