Nonrev

My Octavia 1.6 TDI  occasionally displays  a "Winter" tyres warning on the display.   I havn't altered this message in any was as I do not know how.  The tyres I have fitted  on the front are NOT "Winter" tyres,  The rear ones were already on and are Michelins.  How do I delete or change this message as I can find nothing regarding it in the instruction book/s?   Is it Automatic via electronics when the tyres are first fitted?   Info please?

1 hour ago, Nonrev said:

My Octavia 1.6 TDI  occasionally displays  a "Winter" tyres warning on the display.

Has a speed limit been set when the tyres were changed to winter ones? Check on the TPMS screen of the infotainment.

Gracious me - that message only ever appears when you go over 140mph, I assume you mean when you are in Germany? 

Not really :tongueout:

It is a speed warning for when winter tyres may be fitted with a lower speed rating than summer tyres. It can be adjusted in the maxidot display as far as I know, that's where it is on my vRS anyway.

Edited by pist0nbr0ke

On my MY18 FL O3, the winter tyre speed warning is set through the Car settings, Tyre setting submenu on the headunit. If I tick the box, the speed is preset to 20mph!

I've got winter tyres on at the moment - I won't be ticking the box!

59 minutes ago, Nonrev said:

Nonrev.   My humble Octavia does not have "Maxidot", but many thanks.   Will have another try on "Tyre" settings.

All Octavia have a 'maxidot' display. It is the display between the rev counter and speedo. The cheapo version like mine (and probably yours) are b/w and the posh well-heeled people have  a colour display.

On the Entertainment unit press Car->Settings->Wheels & Tyres->

There should be a "tick" box for Winter Tyres and then also a speed selection so you can set the warning based on what tyres you fit e.g. 120kph, 140kph 160kph etc etc

Nonrev.   Quite right there is a Tick box but apart from being able to set the speed at which the warning  is displayed I can't alter the "Winter" tyre wording.   I can only imagine this is set when the tyres are fitted originally....any further ideas welcomed!   Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Nonrev said:

Nonrev.   Quite right there is a Tick box but apart from being able to set the speed at which the warning  is displayed I can't alter the "Winter" tyre wording.   I can only imagine this is set when the tyres are fitted originally....any further ideas welcomed!   Many thanks.

You just untick the box. Are you saying you can't do this?

Nonrev: within your infotainment settings, there will be 2 settings with speed warnings.

The first, is a generic speed warning, which will display on your maxidot/centre dashboard screen, and bong at you, when you exceed the speed limit that you have set in the settings.

The second, is the winter tyres warning. If ticked, you select the speed that you desire based on appropriate speed for the winter tyres fitted, and the same result will occur if you exceed that speed limit, however it will show WINTER (or something similar) in the maxidot, so you are aware it's advising you of the maximum speed for the tyres (that YOU select), rather than a generic overspeed warning.

Hope this helps.

Edited by spinifex
edited winter speed for clarification

On ‎02‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 17:58, Nonrev said:

From this menu you can only enable/disable the WINTER tyre warning & speed limit.

This limit should be changed only twice a year when/if you fit-remove winter tyres so its just an option in the menu.

There is a separate function (in the maxidot with steering Wheel controls) if you want to set a temporary "Speed Limit Warning".

This will give you a different warning message when you exceed the chosen speed limit & can be enabled/disabled while you are driving using the steering Wheel controls.

I can remember exactly how to do it, but it was clearly described in the user manual.

Edited by Gabbo
  • Like 1