How long before battery goes flat.

DIZZY3

Hi, i have a 2011 Monte 1.2 TSI, 105 I  have fitted a new battery but after about 3 days ( car parked up) the battery is flat , I know its like asking how long is a piece of string, but has any one ideas how long the car should be able to stand parked up before the battery goes flat, I am wondering if i may have something that could be draining the battery, 

Edited by DIZZY3

Ah, at last, another "battery draining" problem, what ever ended up being the root cause of last year's one in the MK1 Fabia section - maybe that member left, I seem to remember he threatened to do that!

I'd think that a trouble free modern car, if left unused for two months with a working battery that had previously been fully charged, would start up okay.

I've got a Mk1 Fabia, but that will sit parked for monthsand start up first time. You can at least reasonably expect a lot more than 3 days. In theory, the electronics should go into low-power mode after a period of time. (Interior lights etc. will be turned off automatically by the body computer, as well as other sensors etc. going to sleep)

The main drain on a parked car will be alarm, clock/calendar  and then, possibly the remote blinky light. There will need to be sufficient power in the battery to open and close the central locking which can be a bummer on a flat battery. The answer though, will, on a fresh battery and a decent, well serviced car, be quite a few months. A battery will, by its own nature, slowly release its charge so even a new one, unconnected, will start to flatten over time. This will most likely be a year or so though, if it was fully charged so I would expect three months min on a good car and battery.