Anyone using Jet petrol or can help

horkin

My 2 local filling stations, owned by the same company,  are changing from BP to Jet. I've always used BP and often like to fill up with a tank full of Ultimate in an attempt to keep my engine nice and clean.

I have read that Jet do 95 RON and a 'Super' 97 Ron but not having used this brand for donkey years I wondered what people thought about it.

We do have a Tesco's nearby but it's always a busy spot and a pain to access also I fell out with Supermarket fuel when the messed up the Diesel a few years back and ruined some engines.

Any advise or thought appreciated. Happy New Year all.

Harry.

6 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

Jet is good stuff. I always used it until they closed the local station a couple of years ago. I wouldn't use Tesco, but I have no issue using Sainsburys fuel. Morrisons knackered my Berlingo a few years ago, never used them since.

Thanks for the info.

5 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I've heard it makes cars Fly

Of course. I did know that but was more concerned as to how much wear and tear I might have in the process.:kiss:

Just another fuel collected by a Tanker from a depot and delivered to a filling station.

No special anything, and most Jet Stations have gone in Scotland,.

If the price is right then nothing wrong with Jet 95 or 97 or diesel obviously or people would not use it.

http://jetlocal.co.uk/jet-fuels 

http://jetlocal.co.uk     Ask at the Pay Desk who delivers it and from which local depot.

The people that purchase and supply or produce the fuel going to Tesco are doing it for many others including ESSO, maybe Costco, 

so if they are messing up then that is likely to be no more than Shell, Gulf, Texaco, Jet, Gleaner or others mess up, 

maybe just easier to get compensated from a Multi National rather than Franchised / Independent owners.

http://greenergy.com/uk/independent 

PS

?

Remember when Royal Dutch Shell messed up 'Formula Shell' petrol and destroyed engines?

Edited by AwaoffSki

Tesco petrol seems to be ok tbh although as you say it can get busy - we try and use tesco when it is quieter though.We have a 1.4 16v which runs fine on tesco 99 :)

I am also not so keen on tesco diesel but do use it sometimes if we happen to be passing.

Been using Tesco, Morrison and Sainsbury’s for the last 14 years since I no longer have the benefit of company cars, never had any problems in any of our patrol or diesel cars in that time.  The only time I did have a problem was some 20 odd years ago when my wife’s Metro was filled mostly with water at a Texaco petrol station, never went there again!  yes,  sometimes it is a pain queuing at a supermarket petrol station, but it’s usually combined with a shop visit anyway. 

Thanks for the input guys, I will try the Jet once my filling station changes to them and see how I get on with it. It's just nice to get others opinions because as I say I haven't used Jet fuel for years.

Just to be clear, I'm not having a pop at Tesco in isolation, it's more that I remember the mix up with additives in some Supermarket fuel a few years back that had ruined a couple of expensive engines locally. It sort of knocks the confidence.

My local Tesco is a 'Tesco Extra' It's huge and attracts every man and his wife hence it's always busy, plus it's a traffic light controlled exit onto a busy road and there can be queue's waiting to exit at busy times.

Harry

On 1/6/2018 at 12:19, horkin said:

Just to be clear, I'm not having a pop at Tesco in isolation, it's more that I remember the mix up with additives in some Supermarket fuel a few years back that had ruined a couple of expensive engines locally. It sort of knocks the confidence.

My local Tesco is a 'Tesco Extra' It's huge and attracts every man and his wife hence it's always busy, plus it's a traffic light controlled exit onto a busy road and there can be queue's waiting to exit at busy times.

You really think that after the compensation claims brought about by that single mishap a few years ago they would allow it to happen again? I've never had any problem with supermarket fuel in any of my cars in the past 20 odd years.

Personally, I prefer to go to a busy filling station. The high turnover of fuel means its not stale, the lines do not have fuel sitting in them depositing small amounts of additives / impurities and the staff are efficient as they are used to being busy. Petrol is petrol, if its 95RON or above it will run your Citigo without an issue.

2 hours ago, Luckypants said:

You really think that after the compensation claims brought about by that single mishap a few years ago they would allow it to happen again? I've never had any problem with supermarket fuel in any of my cars in the past 20 odd years.

Personally, I prefer to go to a busy filling station. The high turnover of fuel means its not stale, the lines do not have fuel sitting in them depositing small amounts of additives / impurities and the staff are efficient as they are used to being busy. Petrol is petrol, if its 95RON or above it will run your Citigo without an issue.

I don't think that at all, thought I'd made it absolutely clear I'm not having a go, just saying it sort of knocks confidence. I'm pleased you like Supermarket fuel and if that's what you like then go for it. I agree about filling stations that are not busy but that doesn't apply to mine which are either side of a busy A road, constantly used, but have better access than my local Tesco. Thanks for you advice on what RON petrol will run my car ( which is actually a Seat Mii ) but having passed my test in 1962 I think I've just about worked that one out.:D

Harry

Edited by horkin

On 1/9/2018 at 13:19, AwaoffSki said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/Octane_rating 

Out of interest

What Octane is Shell V-Power in Greece, 97, 98 or 99 ron minimum?

In the UK there is no Shell V-Power 98 ron minimum that was changed & now only Shell V-Power Nitro + @ 99 ron minimum.

In Greece V-Power is 95 ron. There is also V-Power Racing which is 100. I guess higher ron should be beneficial here, at nearly sea level.

Personally I always use the same fuel station, mainly as they are the easiest to get to for LPG, and keep half a tank of V-Power in at all times. Always leave for a day trip with a full tank of LPG (and half of petrol, which is enough for roughly 200 miles) so I know I can get back without using unknown stations.

Anyway, not had a Jet station (or Esso for that matter) round this way for years now, all Texaco, BP or Shell as brand named stuff, few smaller ones too, mostly of the budget fuel types, which are weirdly more expensive than the branded stuff???

In the UK Shell sell  Unleaded 95 octane, that is Branded FuelSave.   V-Power Nitro + is 99 Ron Minimum.  Not 95 ron. 

(They sell Diesel V-Power Nitro +, which is a Premium Diesel. Higher Cetane & Regular Diesel FueSave.) 

This top picture is not a UK Pump, but shows the 95 ron, 

& a pump that shows the V-Power with 'racing'.

Bottom example UK pumps.

xDSC_0081,P20wm.jpg.pagespeed.ic.HmttjcWj1r.jpg

petrol-pumps-in-a-shell-petrol-station-dtdbk3.jpg

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Thanks 1