Backlight Illumination behind air vents?

09facelift

Hi All

Apologies, this may be a stupid question! I have a 2012 Yeti 2.0 Diesel on which the backlighting behind the air vents on the dash has stopped working over the last few days. I have not noticed anything else broken. Is this likely to be a fuse issue or a broken bulb in the dash please. A quick reply would be much appreciated ask my warranty is to run out within the next week and a half

Much obliged for any help

Thanks

I wasn't aware that there were backlights behind the air vents. There certainly aren't on my 2013 Yeti. Actually I'm not aware of any car with backlit air vents...

Whatever, if yours does have backlights (and they're OEM, not an aftermarket "upgrade") it'd be best to pop in to your dealer to get them to sort it.

• Like 1

As above I've never seen lighting in the air vents.
Or do you mean the lighting behind the vent controls, cannot remember seeing that but most if not all other switches are lit with lights on.

Cannot get to Yeti to check at the moment.

• Like 1

No lighting behind the actual vents on either of mine.

And if the OP means the switch lighting, they are not bulbs but LED's soldered to the circuit board that holds the switches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 09facelift said:

No such luck.... I'm blaming generic beer and too much time on my hands. :biggrin:

What's worse, seeing things or not seeing things :cool:

• 1 year later...
On 03/01/2018 at 07:17, 09facelift said:

Hi All

Apologies, this may be a stupid question! I have a 2012 Yeti 2.0 Diesel on which the backlighting behind the air vents on the dash has stopped working over the last few days. I have not noticed anything else broken. Is this likely to be a fuse issue or a broken bulb in the dash please. A quick reply would be much appreciated ask my warranty is to run out within the next week and a half

Much obliged for any help

Thanks