Citigo instrument binnacle.

Ronn

Hi RickW,

Despite the continual assurances from Miller73, the jury (at least, certainly me) is still out on whether it is only the S model that comes with the single-instrument Binnacle & all models + come with the 3-instrument Binnacle..   scr64 will shortly provide further proof (I suppose???) when his "Build in week 7" SE-L arrives - although perhaps we'll need to wait for a longer pattern to emerge before we can say that that  is the definitive answer.

All I know is, that I (& just for the hell of it) "configured" a new SE-L last week, & without specifying the Dot Matrix,  the picture of the cabin showed just one single instrument.   Adding the Dot Matrix option changed the Binnacle to the latest (& much more attractive) 3-instrument design.

But, (& it is a sizeable "but") not having heard from any owner who has the Dot Matrix system, I'm not all that sure that it does give a "door open" warning - the old PID certainly did, but it will be only through some owner who opted for the DM system, clarifying the issue.

Either way, I just wish that I'd been able to put my little donnies on a vehicle already shipped with the DM system, as I reckon that it would have been a couple of hundred smackeroodles well spent: as it was beggars can't be choosers, & it was either select from what was already sitting on the Dock at Emden, & take possession in around 7-10 days, or order what I really preferred, and wait a minimum of 3 months - so being a fully paid up member of the OFB, I opted for the former.

I'm sure that Mrs Rick W will enjoy her new car when it finally hits the Dealer/Stealer, I reckon that they really are cracking little machines.

Oh, & please do keep us posted regarding whether you were able to order the DM system - & what it actually does do.

• Thanks 1

I’ve got maxi dot. Shows you the following;

MPH

Coolant temp

oil temp

range

MPG

Trip 

mileage

outside temp

any doors open it’ll shows ya on the screen

warning messages flash up on it 

overall i’d say it’s definitely worth having! I have it on MPH constantly as it’s much much easier to glance at while driving as it’s in digital form. 

Photo below shows the maxi dot, currently showing 0MPH in digital format. 

CF1BBDB7-60E7-4197-B531-59E9E32E6E94.jpeg

Edited by Jonny118118
Added pic from page 1 I’d posted.

Now you've really rather sickened me off, johnny118118 - I always knew that I should have stuck my order in for what I really wanted, rather then taking simply what was sitting on the Dock at Emden.   But (it's an ill wind etc etc) as Mr Skoda (or perhaps it was Mrs Skoda) was offering a £1500 cashback at the time that I ordered, and the Dealer/Stealer wasn't holding out an extension of this discount if I didn't order in mid Feb.      But as I was lashing out some of my own dinero at that time, I thought that I may just have well have the new Tonka Toy sooner rather than later.   But the one that I got does indeed have a Trip & the outside temp, and SWMBO does rather well with the "warning messages" - and as far as the consumption is concerned, I've gone back to the pre-technology days, & simply work the mpg out as & when I fill up.    So I get the mpg at some stage, & whilst it was "handy" to know what mpg I was getting whilst I was driving, I'm not all that sure that it was supremely accurate, & I didn't moderate my driving style even when it was showing that I was down in the low 50's or even on the rare occasions that it showed I was achieving the mid/low 70's  - I just batted on regardless.       Having said that, I would have liked to have some of the other facilities. although the "driving range" is a tad superfluous, as I never go below 3/4 before I fill up, (old Army habits die hard) but when I next change this car (probably also in about 2.5 years) & assuming that I do opt for another Citigo (also highly likely) then I will have the Dot Matrix.  

With the absence of the PID, I lashed out & bought a SOTA Garmin Satnav, & that gives me a lot more than the PID ever did.

So, it's horses for courses, or even hourses for corses, & currently, I don't miss what I never had - I'm lying of course!.

26 minutes ago, Michaelski said:

Now you've really rather sickened me off, johnny118118 - I always knew that I should have stuck my order in for what I really wanted, rather then taking simply what was sitting on the Dock at Emden.   But (it's an ill wind etc etc) as Mr Skoda (or perhaps it was Mrs Skoda) was offering a £1500 cashback at the time that I ordered, and the Dealer/Stealer wasn't holding out an extension of this discount if I didn't order in mid Feb.      But as I was lashing out some of my own dinero at that time, I thought that I may just have well have the new Tonka Toy sooner rather than later.   But the one that I got does indeed have a Trip & the outside temp, and SWMBO does rather well with the "warning messages" - and as far as the consumption is concerned, I've gone back to the pre-technology days, & simply work the mpg out as & when I fill up.    So I get the mpg at some stage, & whilst it was "handy" to know what mpg I was getting whilst I was driving, I'm not all that sure that it was supremely accurate, & I didn't moderate my driving style even when it was showing that I was down in the low 50's or even on the rare occasions that it showed I was achieving the mid/low 70's  - I just batted on regardless.       Having said that, I would have liked to have some of the other facilities. although the "driving range" is a tad superfluous, as I never go below 3/4 before I fill up, (old Army habits die hard) but when I next change this car (probably also in about 2.5 years) & assuming that I do opt for another Citigo (also highly likely) then I will have the Dot Matrix.  

With the absence of the PID, I lashed out & bought a SOTA Garmin Satnav, & that gives me a lot more than the PID ever did.

So, it's horses for courses, or even hourses for corses, & currently, I don't miss what I never had - I'm lying of course!.

As I’m all about technology, I was searching high and low for a nearly new car with all the mod cons on autotrader. Found this beast of a Monte from Southampton and was in love straight away. Had it delivered and looked around the car and saw it had more options than was listed in the listing, I was buzzing, literally, as it had parking sensors and city safe! 

Although one thing I seem to get often is a warning message on maxi dot stating city safe deactivated as soon as ignition is on, not sure why, obviously something it isn’t liking somewhere.

Going back to MPG, that is shown on the phone when it’s linked to the car, but I saw your not into technology as such. 

Well I went into the dealership today specifically to discuss the binnacle and maxidot.

The result was confusion from the sales person. She was aware the S model had a single round dial but wasn't sure what we'd get with the SE L my wife has ordered.

She said a few things were changing but couldn't be specific.

She couldn't see how to add the maxi dot (trip computer) on the configurator as it wasn't there.

I pointed her to the price list and after a while she agreed it was an optional extra available on the SE L model at a cost of £230. She seemed surprised.

I then said I wanted to order it but she still couldn't tell me if it was possible and will get a colleague to look into it on Monday.

I said we'd be very disappointed if we couldn't have it. The clock is ticking before the order reaches the factory.

All ambiguous with no definitive answer as yet. :speechless:

It just indicates what a mess VW/Skoda are in with their dealerships.

The training of the Salespeople on car specifications & what’s available on what model is Truly appalling. 

Customers are leaving the Showroom after purchasing a car from them without a clue as to what they are going to get.

I say, - Tie the Salesperson down on EVERY feature of the car that’s important to you.

If they can’t answer the question (as will probably happen), ask to see the Manager & ask him. If he can’t answer the question, ask him to phone the Factory for the answer!

In other words, put them ‘on the spot’.

either way, do NOT come away without written & signed proof of the Features you expect on your New Vehicle.

• Thanks 1

Totally agree with what you say. I think supermarket staff are better trained.

I don't intend to wait beyond Monday as I'm determined to get what we want.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RickW said:

Totally agree with what you say. I think supermarket staff are better trained.

I don't intend to wait beyond Monday as I'm determined to get what we want.

Have you spec’d Climate control? 

Well worth it, makes the car look a lot more ‘modern’ and also functions very well.

Edited by Jonny118118

No climate (have that on my Fabia).

It's crystal blue,5 door,asg. Got a space saving tyre thrown in (£55 wow!).

13 hours ago, RickW said:

No climate (have that on my Fabia).

It's crystal blue,5 door,asg. Got a space saving tyre thrown in (£55 wow!).

Personally, I’m not convinced the extra expense of ‘Cimate Control’ can be justified on Budget Cars.

Standard Air Con is fine for me.

But, I’m not a person whose greatly troubled by changes in temperature.

What I did specify on my wife’s Citigo was the ‘Summer Pack’ - Tinted Windows, Electric Sunroof, etc: - Greatly enhance the look of the car & the Sunroof is fabulous on warm sunny days.

I also specified the optional Spare Wheel at £55. - I’m not convinced with the Car Manufactures ‘puncture repair kit’ in leu of!

Citigo however comes with a FULL SIZE spare wheel ☺️ 

Quite a welcome surprise as I was expecting the usual ‘Bike Wheel’.

Edited by Ronn

Looking at the Pics of the Maxi-Dot Display, (what ever name means - please tell me if you know), 

It looks like an ‘add on’ worth going for, if only for the enhancement to the appearance on the Citigo dashboard.

Don’t know how useful the additions are, - Oil Temp always reassuring to know, but inspire of the ‘Toys’ it gives you, it wins hands down on appearance alone.

Well, information is now pouring out!

To Jonny118118, You’re quite right of course, I simply do not do modern technology – it’s totally beyond me, I’ve just about learnt how to cope with a sun dial.     But enjoy your new Monte Carlo, & I can say that (after having had a 75 PS car for 2+ years previously, & now having a 60 PS) I reckon that there’s nothing in it, & if indeed anything, I further reckon that the original concept of the Citigo was designed for the weaker laggy band, and it suits it eminently.  South of 4000+ revs, there simply isn’t any noticeable difference (a little enhanced mpg apart), & North of that RPM, one is definitely risking their licence.

And to RickW, why is it that I’m not surprised by your lack of gaining information.  But as I have said previously, when I ordered my new SE-L, the Salesman either didn’t have a Bugs’ Clue about what came with it, or (perhaps more relevantly) simply didn’t care.    He didn’t even explain how to store Stations on the new type radio – all he was interested in, was to stress (at bum-numbing length) what a tough time he was having in meeting his targets: my needs & satisfaction didn’t even enter the equation.  So, hit the Sales Manager with a threat to cancel your order (& to then subsequently raise Hell & advise Skoda just why - which should frighten him) if he can’t come up with the definitive answer – with the number of Citigo’s being built each day, there should be no reason whatsoever as to just why you can’t have exactly what you want, even if (& highly doubtful, as they ship thousands of cars from Emden, & the boat waits until it has a full cargo) you perhaps have to wait just one more day for it.  And I finished up with the Chrystal Blue one, & I reckon that it suits the car very well – even SWMBO agreed.

And whilst Ronn is totally correct in his statement, I personally had absolutely no idea what changes “may” have been afoot with my new SE-L, & the Salesman seemed to know even less than I did: I picked up all my info from knowledgeable owners on Briskoda.  I had the “space saver” spare on my last car, & although the Stealer also subsequently presented me with a puncture repair kit, I left the spare with the car, as the new car came with 15” rather than 14” wheels, & kept the “Goo”. But also bought a new spare with this car (it had already been shipped with one, being the main reason), but I’m pretty sure that I could have kept the previous spare.

But to sum up for prospective buyers, I would advise looking to the sane, sensible & knowledgeable people on Briskoda, rather than the dim, uncaring, purely profit-driven Skoda Salespeople, who seem to know zippo, & care even less.   

20 hours ago, RickW said:

She couldn't see how to add the maxi dot (trip computer) on the configurator as it wasn't there.

Hi RickW,

As the above somewhat piqued my curiosity, I made a lap of honour of the "configure your own Citigo" &  the Dot Matrix is now described as a Multi Function Trip Computer @ £230.   This seems to give what the previous Dot Matrix offered, & also & more importantly, the new style of larger Fuel Gauge/Rev Counter.  So all (the appalling ignorance of Skoda's  dedicated Sales people excepted) seems now to be clear.   One can always rely on Briskoda!

2 hours ago, Michaelski said:

Well, information is now pouring out!

To Jonny118118, You’re quite right of course, I simply do not do modern technology – it’s totally beyond me, I’ve just about learnt how to cope with a sun dial.     But enjoy your new Monte Carlo, & I can say that (after having had a 75 PS car for 2+ years previously, & now having a 60 PS) I reckon that there’s nothing in it, & if indeed anything, I further reckon that the original concept of the Citigo was designed for the weaker laggy band, and it suits it eminently.  South of 4000+ revs, there simply isn’t any noticeable difference (a little enhanced mpg apart), & North of that RPM, one is definitely risking their licence.

And to RickW, why is it that I’m not surprised by your lack of gaining information.  But as I have said previously, when I ordered my new SE-L, the Salesman either didn’t have a Bugs’ Clue about what came with it, or (perhaps more relevantly) simply didn’t care.    He didn’t even explain how to store Stations on the new type radio – all he was interested in, was to stress (at bum-numbing length) what a tough time he was having in meeting his targets: my needs & satisfaction didn’t even enter the equation.  So, hit the Sales Manager with a threat to cancel your order (& to then subsequently raise Hell & advise Skoda just why - which should frighten him) if he can’t come up with the definitive answer – with the number of Citigo’s being built each day, there should be no reason whatsoever as to just why you can’t have exactly what you want, even if (& highly doubtful, as they ship thousands of cars from Emden, & the boat waits until it has a full cargo) you perhaps have to wait just one more day for it.  And I finished up with the Chrystal Blue one, & I reckon that it suits the car very well – even SWMBO agreed.

And whilst Ronn is totally correct in his statement, I personally had absolutely no idea what changes “may” have been afoot with my new SE-L, & the Salesman seemed to know even less than I did: I picked up all my info from knowledgeable owners on Briskoda.  I had the “space saver” spare on my last car, & although the Stealer also subsequently presented me with a puncture repair kit, I left the spare with the car, as the new car came with 15” rather than 14” wheels, & kept the “Goo”. But also bought a new spare with this car (it had already been shipped with one, being the main reason), but I’m pretty sure that I could have kept the previous spare.

But to sum up for prospective buyers, I would advise looking to the sane, sensible & knowledgeable people on Briskoda, rather than the dim, uncaring, purely profit-driven Skoda Salespeople, who seem to know zippo, & care even less.   

The sales people could make so much more money if they had a proper knowledge of optional extras. For example they could've sold me heated seats for my Fabia but never mentioned them at the time of ordering. Happy finance company,happy dealership,happy customer if they did their job properly.

You're right about Briskoda,if it wasn't for this thread we would have been none the wiser and disappointed when picking up the new car.

Let's see if the dealership has a clue about the trip computer tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Michaelski said:

Hi RickW,

As the above somewhat piqued my curiosity, I made a lap of honour of the "configure your own Citigo" &  the Dot Matrix is now described as a Multi Function Trip Computer @ £230.   This seems to give what the previous Dot Matrix offered, & also & more importantly, the new style of larger Fuel Gauge/Rev Counter.  So all (the appalling ignorance of Skoda's  dedicated Sales people excepted) seems now to be clear.   One can always rely on Briskoda!

I've been back to the configurator and still can't see it ,maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Wondered if the ASG can't have the trip computer?

Edited by RickW
Additional information

20 hours ago, Ronn said:

It just indicates what a mess VW/Skoda are in with their dealerships.

The training of the Salespeople on car specifications & what’s available on what model is Truly appalling. 

Customers are leaving the Showroom after purchasing a car from them without a clue as to what they are going to get.

I say, - Tie the Salesperson down on EVERY feature of the car that’s important to you.

If they can’t answer the question (as will probably happen), ask to see the Manager & ask him. If he can’t answer the question, ask him to phone the Factory for the answer!

In other words, put them ‘on the spot’.

either way, do NOT come away without written & signed proof of the Features you expect on your New Vehicle.

Good advice re getting it in writing,thanks.

37 minutes ago, RickW said:

I've been back to the configurator and still can't see it ,maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Wondered if the ASG can't have the trip computer?

Having just looked myself (as I thought it would be strange..) I also can’t see the maxi dot for an SE L auto. 

However it is available for an SE auto under Convenience pack.247D8FDD-5F59-4B2F-93DA-D2C4089DC522.thumb.jpeg.2d8c4c1dc8d2818af00936794d83515b.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

Having just looked myself (as I thought it would be strange..) I also can’t see the maxi dot for an SE L auto. 

However it is available for an SE auto under Convenience pack.247D8FDD-5F59-4B2F-93DA-D2C4089DC522.thumb.jpeg.2d8c4c1dc8d2818af00936794d83515b.jpeg

I see that now but there's no price for the trip computer separately,that can only be found on the price list. Still confusing about binnacles and what people end up with. We don't want cruise control either. 

Edited by RickW
Additional information

Very nice the Maxi-Dot display with the new larger Fuel & Rev counter dials.

I’d certainly specify it on any new Citigo I bought.

Well worth the extra Dosh on appearance alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickW said:

That picture shows the 'door open/closed' symbol like on the pid.

Yeah it does, not sure about the bonnet though not tried that one :D (was just a random thought as I was typing as the Civic does haha) 

59 minutes ago, RickW said:

I see that now but there's no price for the trip computer separately,that can only be found on the price list. Still confusing about binnacles and what people end up with. We don't want cruise control either. 

Yeah it’s strange that Skoda don’t make things easy, you should be able to get them all separately hopefully, something the dealer should be able to confirm, but haven’t been able to yet!! 

16 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

Yeah it does, not sure about the bonnet though not tried that one :D (was just a random thought as I was typing as the Civic does haha) 

Yeah it’s strange that Skoda don’t make things easy, you should be able to get them all separately hopefully, something the dealer should be able to confirm, but haven’t been able to yet!! 

It's all 'Simply Confusing' :wondering:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jonny118118 said:

5C765264-33E9-467E-B6AC-824C7818A53E.thumb.jpeg.f32dc41a54b6a926e0e8bce2431bde9d.jpeg

photo shows the maxi dot display in what I would call a standby mode. 

Taken today. 

Is the fuel gauge any more accurate or does it still read half full when there is about 1/3 of a tank left?

Edit: It looks much nicer but I don't like the fact they've added an extra 20 mph to the speedo for no reason.

Edited by Miller73

25 minutes ago, Miller73 said:

Is the fuel gauge any more accurate or does it still read half full when there is about 1/3 of a tank left?

Edit: It looks much nicer but I don't like the fact they've added an extra 20 mph to the speedo for no reason.

Honestly I don’t know, if it helps it’s currently sat on around 1/4 and says it can do 80 miles. 

I’ve never looked at that speedo so doesn’t bother me :D