Citigo instrument binnacle.

Ronn

I purchased a new Citigo Greentech SE L last June (‘17) & whilst in the showroom, I browsed the Citigo Brochure which included the revamps Skoda had introduced at the Feb ‘17 Geneva Motor Show.

I spotted a BRAND NEW Instrument Binnacle shown in the Brochure with far bigger REV COUNTER & FUEL GAUGE.

Because they were bigger, they weren’t full circle gauges but merged into the Speedo.

Non the less they appeared very smart & looked easier to read than the existing gauge cluster.

A had to wait 3 months for my car because of the ‘extras’ that I wanted included on the car.

Non the less, I was disappointed to find that when my car arrived in late Aug ‘17, it still had the ‘OLD’ instrument cluster.

I visited my Skoda dealer last week (7 Jan ‘18), only to discover that they are STILL selling new Citigos with the ‘OLD’ outdated Instrument cluster.

Skoda? When are you going to introduce the NEW Instument Cluster in UK Citigos that you had shown in last years Brochure.

Also, when are you going to allow British customers the opportunity of purchasing the Citigo with the 1.0 ltr TURBO CHARGED engine.

Its been available on your stable mate VW Up for some time.

Edited by Ronn

56 minutes ago, Ronn said:

I purchased a new Citigo Greentech SE L last June (‘17) & whilst in the showroom, I browsed the Citigo Brochure which included the revamps Skoda had introduced at the Feb ‘17 Geneva Motor Show.

I spotted a BRAND NEW Instrument Binnacle shown in the Brochure with far bigger REV COUNTER & FUEL GAUGE.

Because they were bigger, they weren’t full circle gauges but merged into the Speedo.

Non the less they appeared very smart & looked easier to read than the existing gauge cluster.

A had to wait 3 months for my car because of the ‘extras’ that I wanted included on the car.

Non the less, I was disappointed to find that when my car arrived in late Aug ‘17, it still had the ‘OLD’ instrument cluster.

I visited my Skoda dealer last week (7 Jan ‘18), only to discover that they are STILL selling new Citigos with the ‘OLD’ outdated Instrument cluster.

Skoda? When are you going to introduce the NEW Instument Cluster in UK Citigos that you had shown in last years Brochure.

Also, when are you going to allow British customers the opportunity of purchasing the Citigo with the 1.0 ltr TURBO CHARGED engine.

Its been available on your stable mate VW Up for some time.

Mines got the MAXI-DOT Display which shows a digital speedo, oil temp, coolant temp etc and the gauges are bigger than the standard ones, is that what your talking about? 

Don’t know what Maxi Dot is?

But, the one I saw in the 2017 Brochure, has a Analogue Speedo with what looks like a LED display at the bottom with Miles, Time, engaged Gear, etc:

The Old Speedo is also Analogue but has a LCD display at the bottom that is very dim & difficult to read.

The New Instrument Cluster has Large Rev Counter & Fuel Gauge either side of the Speedo that encroach onto the sides of the Speedo so, they aren’t complete circular instruments, they are about 3/4 of a circle.

The Old Rev Counter & Fuel Gauge (the one I’ve got) are in the same position as the New gauges but, because they are smaller, they are full circular instruments.

I hope I have explained this fully to you.

Yes, that’s the one, the NEW one.

I haven’t seen that NEW Instrument Cluster in ANY NEW Citigo in my local Skoda Dealership.

I have only seen the OLD Instrument Cluster in unregistered vehicles.

Has yours got the new Instruments?

If so, what model of Citigo have you got & how long have you had it?

Perhaps my Dealer is still getting rid of older vehicles it has in stock.

21 minutes ago, Gyp said:

Like this I guess...

skoda-citigo-instrument-cluster.jpg?itok=xY_Bh0oT

11 minutes ago, Ronn said:

I haven’t seen that NEW Instrument Cluster in ANY NEW Citigo in my local Skoda Dealership.

That’s what I have, the little screen at the bottom is the maxi dot. It was an added option I believe, my Citigo was an ex demo so just got whatever they’d requested from factory. It’s a big improvement though! Digital speedo is very useful and a lot more modern. 

So, are you saying that the Speedo, although looks like a normal needle on the dial, is in fact a electronic digital needle sweeping around the clock face.

19 minutes ago, Ronn said:

My car is a Monte Carlo and it’s a 66 plate. (As seen below stuck behind a bin wagon :dry:)

B1A41237-75C3-49AC-AE2D-B3DC4BB560DB.thumb.jpeg.e06537a6632fcfd1dbae6d5c8b91de62.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Ronn said:

So, are you saying that the Speedo, although looks like a normal needle on the dial, is in fact a electronic digital needle sweeping around the clock face.

Ah no, the ‘normal’ speedo is still in the normal analog format. (Where it’s sat at 0 on my picture). The digital speedo is the bit below (also on 0mph) this also shows other info like coolant temp, oil temp, total mileage, speed warnings, average speed etc. Around this middle section it’s shows the clock (currently showing 12:02 in the pic),temp and trip mileage. 

Any more questions feel free to ask :) 

I feel as if I’ve been cheated by Skoda.

mines a 67 Plate, (ordered April/May ‘17), so maybe 12 months YOUNGER than yours, had to wait 3 months for it to be made in the Factory, ordered the top of the range Citigo Greentech 75ps SE L.

And, still got the Old, outdated Instrument Cluster.

It's available only as an optional extra if you specify the maxidot display. I thought it going to be in my MY17 colour edition but alas it was not. Shame as it looks much better than the standard instrumentation.

2 minutes ago, Miller73 said:

It's available only as an optional extra if you specify the maxidot display. I thought it going to be in my MY17 colour edition but alas it was not. Shame as it looks much better than the standard instrumentation.

Yep, it’s an additional extra. I’d say it’s worth the extra pounds, I much prefer glancing at the digital speedo. 

It was never offered to me as an optional extra.

As I said,

I ordered, Citigo Greentech 75PS SE L, Spare Wheel, Summer Pack, (sun roof & tinted windows), Black Shiny Dashboard, Boot Platform, Mats & Boot Liner.

Order came to well over £12,000.

Salesman NEVER mentioned the ‘Maxidot’ display & it wasn’t explained as an optional extra in the Brochure, it just illustrated it as an improvement on the revamp model.

I’d have had it if i’d known about it.

14 minutes ago, Ronn said:

It was never offered to me as an optional extra.

As I said,

I ordered, Citigo Greentech 75PS SE L, Spare Wheel, Summer Pack, (sun roof & tinted windows), Black Shiny Dashboard, Boot Platform, Mats & Boot Liner.

Order came to well over £12,000.

Salesman NEVER mentioned the ‘Maxidot’ display & it wasn’t explained as an optional extra in the Brochure, it just illustrated it as an improvement on the revamp model.

I’d have had it if i’d known about it.

Ah no! That’s a shame! When I got mine, there was no mention of it having any extras, I’d just worked it out from the pictures the dealer had put up. 

I’d found out it had: DAB, parking sensors, Maxi-Dot, false floor, auto lights, auto wipers, city safe. As far as I know that’s everything but the winter pack!! I was very surprised when the delivery company delivered the car and i saw the parking sensors! It was one of the options I was after but wasn’t too bothered as the car had a lot of other useful features. 

I hope you still enjoy the car even though it doesn’t quite have what you thought. 

Edited by Jonny118118

This is a disappointment. I have a SE L Greentech on order (build week 8) and assumed it would have the new style binnacle. Nowhere in the brochure are 3 binnacles mentioned or shown, just the single dial for the S and what i now know is the maxi-dot 3-dial. I know brochure pics and review cars are fully loaded, but there is an issue with Skoda's descriptions of their options. I didn't spec maxi dot because i thought it expensive for a basic trip computer, not realising it was a different binnacle. Likewise i did spec dynamic trim expecting different cloth and gloss dash insert. I now see on here that privacy glass and sport steering wheel may be in the package. Dealers are less aware than buyers who resesrch the net.

Incidentally, re previous comment, the updated car configurator only shows a 3 dial binnacle if maxi dot is specified. Otherwise it's  single dial regardless of trim level.

Hope that's not the case or it's  a step down from my current 15 plate Elegance

1 hour ago, scr64 said:

This is a disappointment. I have a SE L Greentech on order (build week 8) and assumed it would have the new style binnacle. Nowhere in the brochure are 3 binnacles mentioned or shown, just the single dial for the S and what i now know is the maxi-dot 3-dial. I know brochure pics and review cars are fully loaded, but there is an issue with Skoda's descriptions of their options. I didn't spec maxi dot because i thought it expensive for a basic trip computer, not realising it was a different binnacle. Likewise i did spec dynamic trim expecting different cloth and gloss dash insert. I now see on here that privacy glass and sport steering wheel may be in the package. Dealers are less aware than buyers who resesrch the net.

Build week 8, does that mean week 8 of the year? If so couldn’t the dealer change this for you still? Never bought new so don’t know when the cut off is for alterations. If you could alter it (even if it did push it back alittle?) it would be worth it. I personally find that it makes the car feel more ‘current’ 

Possibly, but....

I've already specified close to £1000 of extras on a budget 2nd car and another £230 for what i thought i was already getting seems a step too far. I don't dislike the current 3 dial binnacle in my Citigo and have no use for the trip computer, so I'll  let it go. My main point was that the intricacies of the options are not clear from the brochure, not clear on the configurator and not understood by dealers. Essentially you are not absolutely sure what you're getting until it arrives. This should not be the case.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scr64 said:

Possibly, but....

I've already specified close to £1000 of extras on a budget 2nd car and another £230 for what i thought i was already getting seems a step too far. I don't dislike the current 3 dial binnacle in my Citigo and have no use for the trip computer, so I'll  let it go. My main point was that the intricacies of the options are not clear from the brochure, not clear on the configurator and not understood by dealers. Essentially you are not absolutely sure what you're getting until it arrives. This should not be the case.

Ah yeah i see what you mean. It requires a lot of research (as you said) whereas the dealer should be to tell you straight off! Maybe  we should apply for a salesman job, we seem to know more than them :D

• Haha 1

Reply to scr64.

what really annoys me about car manufacturers, with VW being amongst the worst, is the way they ‘Drip Feed’ improvements onto their model range to maximise profits & charge premiums for them.

Bloody Hell, the Maxidot instrument cluster is hardly ‘cutting edge’, the technology behind it has been around a few years now.

it should be standard across the whole range.

Look how long it took them to introduce CD players into cars? They continued to sell us cars with Tape Casette Decks in them long after they’d disappeared from the High Street.

How long is it taking for them to fit Digital Radio in Cars as standard equipment.

They deliberately drag their feet introducing the latest technology.

How long is it taking for manufactures to produce Hybrids under £15000?

Toyota are the only one to my knowledge.

Most manufacturers are plodding on with Electric Cars, including VW with the Electric Up E.

If you want to go 200 miles on holiday, your lucky to get 70 miles out of it before a long stop for recharge or an over night stay somewhere.

Its totally inadequate, utter rubbish, 

And the price of the VW Up E?

My God, eye watering.

Edited by Ronn

that does look good, one thing that has always annoyed me about my citigo is that I cannot read the top part of the speedo if I have my steering wheel correctly adjusted, maybe I have an odd body shape but I have to crouch slightly to read it when going motorway speeds lol

• Like 1

Reply to scr64.

what really annoys me about car manufacturers, with VW being amongst the worst, is the way they ‘Drip Feed’ improvements onto their model range to maximise profits & charge premiums for them.

Bloody Hell, the Maxidot instrument cluster is hardly ‘cutting edge’, the technology behind it has been around a few years now.

it should be standard across the whole range.

Look how long it took them to introduce CD players into cars? They continued to sell us cars with Tape Casette Decks in them long after they’d disappeared from the High Street.

How long is it taking for them to fit Digital Radio in Cars as standard equipment.

They deliberately drag their feet introducing the latest technology.

How long is it taking for manufactures to produce Hybrids under £15000?

Toyota are the only one to my knowledge.

Most manufacturers, including VW are plodding on with the Electric Up E.

If you want to go 200 miles on holiday, your lucky to get 70 miles out of it before a long stop for recharge or an over night stay somewhere.

Its totally inadequate, utter rubbish, 

And the price of the VW Up E?

My God, eye watering.

Reply to VRS Mike.

The issue you raise is well known (seems not by Skoda though).

The motoring press reviews I have read say the very same thing.

Mind you, I doubt if VW or Skoda bother to read the reviews of their own vehicle.

It might prove too painful for them.

They are trying to make reasonably priced cars. Not good if they put all extras in the car and then you can't choose what you want. I like the way it is now. You get what you pay for. 

And about the turbo engine. I bet it is VW who says no. Not Škoda. It's been said that Turbo UP! is over geared. Gear ratios are too long. Made for the German autobahns. If that's the case, I don't even want it.