Optional extras and colour

SheffieldLad

Looked at the Karoq the other day whilst booking my Superb in for a service and was very impressed. Decided to call into our local dealers today with the Mrs to show her and surprisingly she was impressed too. 

The dealer has offered us a deal on a 1.4 sel Karoq and to take our Seat Leon Fr in px (only 11mnth into a pcp) not the cheapest monthly payments but the Karoq is a lovely car

my questions are what colour do you think would look good. The gaffa likes quartz grey. 

And I fancy a few optional extras and was thinking leather interior and heated screen, does anybody have any other suggestions. Only want to spend £500-£800

I've gone for Cappuccino beige paint (I wanted a beige interior too but that is currently unavailable unless I opt for leather) and adaptive cruise control. If you are liking the leather interior why not get a monthly price for an Edition spec? It may be cheaper than specifying the optional extras you want.

25 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

PS - how do I edit my post?

Look just below you posting where there is a + sign in a grey square on the left. There should be Quote and then Edit next to it.

1 hour ago, Llanigraham said:

Look just below you posting where there is a + sign in a grey square on the left. There should be Quote and then Edit next to it.

Nope, no edit option anywhere. I assume that I'm not yet a fully fledged member yet, in order to get that option. Never mind, lets not pollute this thread with off-topic posts.

EDIT: The edit option is available as soon as I make my post. If it is an older post I want to edit, the option is not available.

Edited by Luckypants

47 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

Nope, no edit option anywhere. I assume that I'm not yet a fully fledged member yet, in order to get that option. Never mind, lets not pollute this thread with off-topic posts.

EDIT: The edit option is available as soon as I make my post. If it is an older post I want to edit, the option is not available.

Correct, you can't edit posts after a certain time.

2 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

Why, why, why do we have to have such boring colours!!!???

Agree 40% either black or grey in 2017 

If you also include white and silver its 79% so just 21% for all the other colours

1. Black (20.3%)

2. Grey (19.7%)

3. White (19%)

4. Blue (16%)

5. Silver (10.0%)

6. Red (9.9%)

7. Green (1.1%)

8. Orange (0.8%)

9. Bronze (0.5%)

10. Yellow (0.4%)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42683492

19 minutes ago, ktm690rr said:

Is there a 'no cost' colour option on the Karoq, similar to the white on the Yeti ?

M

Energy Blue is no cost option

Candy white is £205

All the others are £575 (except Velvet Red which is £900)

Hi SurreyJohn,

Thanks for that, it seems being able to specify even a flat colour has become an expensive addition to a car, I chose white on my Yeti as I needed the bodywork covering to prevent rust ! I am waiting to see the spec and finish options for the 190 TDi, due in the summer before I get too interested in a Karoq.

• Haha 1

All this talk of heated windscreen made me feel like I was missing out, so called up to try and add it.. turns out the order's already gone to Skoda and can't be changed now. Oh well, looks like I'll be investing in a few of these  ;)

-product-347000044.jpg.59346a064d16528f26fd84d2440f7853.jpg

-product-347000044.jpg.59346a064d16528f26fd84d2440f7853.jpg

No need, they come with a free scraper attached to the filler cap ;-)

Back on topic, only extras we added to our Edition was a space saver wheel and heated scree and door cill protectors. 

21 hours ago, SheffieldLad said:

The dealer has offered us a deal on a 1.4 sel Karoq and to take our Seat Leon Fr in px (only 11mnth into a pcp) not the cheapest monthly payments but the Karoq is a lovely car

I think you mean a 1.5 SEL?

27 minutes ago, Jon_cambs said:

We picked ours up Saturday, the wheels were a last minute addition. 

20180113_140412.jpg

Nice choice of wheels, would have gone for those too but can't afford that on top of the Edition plus extras! 

I  take it you bought those separately as my garage told me they couldn't change the standard wheels with the Edition.  Might get some with winter tyres next autumn. 

39 minutes ago, Englando said:

Nice choice of wheels, would have gone for those too but can't afford that on top of the Edition plus extras! 

I  take it you bought those separately as my garage told me they couldn't change the standard wheels with the Edition.  Might get some with winter tyres next autumn. 

Yes, dealer fit extra, wasn't happy that Skoda didn't offer these as an opition, especially when all the best pictures was with these and then car turned up Monday with the standard wheels, just had to go for them. Think they suit the car so much better.  

40 minutes ago, Jon_cambs said:

Yes, dealer fit extra, wasn't happy that Skoda didn't offer these as an opition, especially when all the best pictures was with these and then car turned up Monday with the standard wheels, just had to go for them. Think they suit the car so much better.  

got same alloys but I know my wife won't be too kind with them, I can see the future

shame

15 hours ago, olly_shaw said:

I got the park assist on my SE L. 

Wife quite likes the idea. I think that it looks fun too. 

I went quartz grey.

I was looking at the park assist. Is that the option that operates the steering when you parallel and reverse park? If so thought it was a good option for £300, I think that was the price

1 hour ago, SheffieldLad said:

I was looking at the park assist. Is that the option that operates the steering when you parallel and reverse park? If so thought it was a good option for £300, I think that was the price

Yes, exactly what you said. For £300 it's worth it just for interest sake!

The bigger downside is that it means my car is a custom build, so a long wait.

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:22, SheffieldLad said:

Looked at the Karoq the other day whilst booking my Superb in for a service and was very impressed. Decided to call into our local dealers today with the Mrs to show her and surprisingly she was impressed too. 

my questions are what colour do you think would look good. The gaffa likes quartz grey. 

And I fancy a few optional extras and was thinking leather interior and heated screen, does anybody have any other suggestions. Only want to spend £500-£800

I haven't checked the configurator but on another thread someone said that the heated front screen is only available on the Edition? If so that is madness!

Edit: Have checked the configurator and for the SE L, which would be my choice, the heated screen is available so don't know where they were getting their info. from!

Colour wise I'm looking at the Velvet Red.

Edited by VAGCF

It was me I am afraid and I did update it as I found with the help of another member that the 1.0 SE did not have the heated windscreen but the 1.5 SE did. I had only looked at the 1.0 hence my original comment.

Mind you that may have changed as well.:D

Just checked and it is still the same. Stay with the 1.0 engine and no heated washers or windscreen go to the 1.5 engine and those options are available.

Edited by Danny 57