Clutch/ Flywheel/ Gearbox??

Lately (past few months) I have noticed that there is a bit of resistance when I press the clutch from the biting point down and back up. Almost like a gritty type feedback. Also, there is a noise which has developed and become more noticeable as time has gone on. the noise is like a dull knocking from the engine direction and more prominent when I have the clutch fully to the floor or on the biting point when taking off from standstill.

I had thought it may have been something brought on by the colder weather but not so sure.

Car is 1.6CRTDI with 70+k miles

Any thoughts?

Colm 

Edited by cmcm789

I don't really know anything about Skoda clutches (this is my first Skoda and it's a DSG), so my advice may be off the mark, but I've changed the clutch on a previous car so I'm assuming the Skoda is the same...

The release bearing is the round bearing which applies the pressure to release the clutch plate when you press the pedal. If you're getting a gritty feeling in the pedal I'd be concerned the bearings are breaking up and becoming rough. If it is the bearing and it fails totally, and comes to pieces it will be impossible to disengage the clutch.

Not sure how that relates to the knocking noise you describe though!