Current Fabia lead times

Zade77

Ours was ordered last week and has been confirmed as build week 19 which is 7th May. I expect us to get out grubby mitts on it early June. I guess that will be approx 12 weeks order to delivery.

One of the first new cars i ordered was Golf and was quoted approx 12 weeks delivery. Rang after 10 weeks and was told the order had been cancelled by VW and I would have to re-order the car. they said sorry for not telling me. That evening I looked in the evening paper and in the ad for the VW dealer was a brand new cancelled order Golf that by some incredible luck was exactly the same spec I had ordered. So I went down to see then the next day, they showed me the car, told me about the unfortunate circumstances leading to the cancellation and we discussed a deal. I then broke the news that it was actually my car and not a cancellation. The salesman went white and went to get the sales manager, he then went to get the actual owner of the business. I collected the car 3 days later and was told the salesman I had ordered from originally had been sacked.

Edited by skidpan

• 1 month later...

I ordered my Fabia on the 8/3/18 and was quoted May delivery. I have just had an email today from the dealer to say that it has arrived at the Port of Tyne, and they are awaiting delivery to the dealer. So far it has only taken less than 8 weeks to get to this stage. Hopefully will not take very long to make the last hop. It is is only about 5 miles as the crow flies from Tyne dock (where the City of Amsterdam offloaded) to Cramlington where the dealer is. 

Here's hoping.

• Like 1

Let us know how you get on please. We have a Citigo on order from the end of March.

Took delivery of the new Fabia this afternoon.

It was ordered by the dealer on the 8/3/18, arrived at the port of Tyne 27/4/18, arrived at dealers on 2/5/18, and I drove it away today 4/5/18.

Which is a shade less than 8 weeks in total. I am downsizing from a 14 plate Octavia, as I do not need that size of car now. I have the SE L with 110 engine. After driving diesels for the last 10 years, I find the engine is so quiet! It seem to have the same acceleration as the 1.5 diesel, is roughly the same horse power. Will have to see what the mpg is like after it runs in a bit. Only had 8 miles on the clock when I got it.

Will give a full review in the future when I get used to it.

• Thanks 1

Collected ours Thursday after a 9 week wait. Its a 1.0 TSi 110 PS SE-L. As noted in an earlier post I did not expect it until early June.

I wonder if these quick deliveries (8-9 weeks) are due to some people awaiting the facelift in the Autumn.   Were these manual transmissions as DSG deliveries were slower ?

Another factor might be some of the bigger models (especially petrol autos) are delayed which might be making it easier to ship these quickly, as ships have space.

1 hour ago, Offski said:

These are not Face Lift Models with the Gasoline Particulate Filter that are being delivered are they?

Hope the facelifts are on their way now.

On 04/05/2018 at 18:58, Humphret said:

Took delivery of the new Fabia this afternoon.

It was ordered by the dealer on the 8/3/18, arrived at the port of Tyne 27/4/18, arrived at dealers on 2/5/18, and I drove it away today 4/5/18.

Which is a shade less than 8 weeks in total. I am downsizing from a 14 plate Octavia, as I do not need that size of car now. I have the SE L with 110 engine. After driving diesels for the last 10 years, I find the engine is so quiet! It seem to have the same acceleration as the 1.5 diesel, is roughly the same horse power. Will have to see what the mpg is like after it runs in a bit. Only had 8 miles on the clock when I got it.

Will give a full review in the future when I get used to it.

Thanks for the update,glad you like the 1.0 engine.

I always wonder where those delivery miles come from. Mine had 14 miles on the clock when I collected it.

1 hour ago, RickW said:

I always wonder where those delivery miles come from. Mine had 14 miles on the clock when I collected it.

Remember when it rolls of the production line it goes once around the test track to make sure everything works as it should, up to top gear all the functions, buttons etc make sure nothings loose. (A few years ago I was in a small group of people who were able to walk down the complete production line at the Nissan factory at Sunderland. We started where the freshly painted shell comes off the paint conveyor and finished at the last step where the battery is put on before being driven off. I t was amazing to watch, the complete car build took  about 4.5 hours. The manager taking us around was explaining all the steps etc, someone asked him about testing after they come off and he explained that the drivers who test, check everything he said he'd been in when their doing it, and it was hair raising! They're doing 70 mph on the straight while they continue to press all the button and operated all the systems as they do it.

My car came didn't come in to the VW yard on the north bank of the Tyne, it arrived on an empty ship to the south bank that was coming in to load up with Nissan's from Tyne Dock. So it had to come under the river. 

We've had cars come in at work with as many as 20 miles on when they've arrived, depending upon where they've been for fitting up.

3 hours ago, Offski said:

These are not Face Lift Models with the Gasoline Particulate Filter that are being delivered are they?

Hope not. Wanted to get ours before the PPF became standard. Visually the car is the same as every one currently on the road so it looks like we got away with it.

2 hours ago, RickW said:

Our Leon had 40 miles on it when we collected it, guess it had been used for a demo or 2 on trade plates. It was a stock car and not a special order so understandable. The brand new one we drove at another dealer was also on trade plates and we must have done 40 miles in that.

Our Superb had 8 miles and the Fabia had 10 miles. Lowest was a BMW which had 5 miles. All those 3 were factory orders to our spec.

4 hours ago, Offski said:

They arrive on 'Transit' settings, then the miles are from after being reset.

Sorry I don't really understand that. Please will you explain further,thanks.:)

The mileage you see might not be the miles since the vehicle rolled off the production line, got on a train, drove off a trail onto a ship, off a ship onto a car transporter. What you see might be the miles since the PDI was done, the Service Indicator changed or not.  The Transit setting reset.

• 6 months later...

Hell has no fury like a wife scorned 

The wife ordered a new Fabia 14 weeks ago

3 weeks ago she got fed up and rang the dealer to ask about the delivery

It took them a week to ring her back. When she asked the question the salesman told her it was almost impossible to get any info from Skoda, the only way they can communicate with the factory was via email.

The wife rang again this week still no info says salesman and waffles on about they way Skoda records emissions and mpg

Is this correct or is the sales telling porky pies

I have told her to ring again and ask for a build date if this info is not with her in 24 hours tell them to stick the order up where it hurts.

Simply cleaver more like simply shocking service.  She feels total let down by the salesman arrogance that she has the nerve to ask for any sort of info.

Is it time to look at another manufacturer this would be our 6th Skoda  but every time the service gets worse.

At time of ordering were you not advised how long this would take? 

When I ordered mine in September I was told expected delivery was March which suited me so I didn't mind.

I have had monthly updates advising me of progress (or lack of) and although it does feel an age I was fully aware at the point of ordering. 

I waited 9 months for my first mk3 VRS Octavia so am used to the wait for a specific order

The wife was told no longer than 12 weeks. The garage has never contacted her of given any updates in the 14 week wait so far not a dickybird. If they had told her it was going to be 6 months as per the last post she would have gone for another make.  To wait 6 months for a mass produced car you can see why car sales are on a downward trend in the UK. Wake up Skoda are friends at Nissan Hiundai and Ford and many others will be more than happy to sell her a small hatchback. 

I ordered my new Fabia on 21st September and have been given a delivery estimate of the end of January next year .

I was told that lead times were 25 weeks when ordering.

I'm surprised and shocked!

The dealer rang yesterday to tell me my new Fabia will be here in the next 7-10 days.

I was told the end of January.

So others who are waiting may get a shock call too soon.