Facelifted Fabian to be unveiled at Geneva

Time will tell as China is to get the Skoda Kamiq, 

a Karoq almost, sizes wheelbase, length, height, width something else again.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/443984-skoda-kamiq-anyone 

The thing about Autoexpress and their Insiders and Skoda Media Spin department is they are often just wrong, or Skoda / VW wind them up and give Autocar / Whatcar / Haymarket Media Group the real gen / scoops.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:48, Pumatron said:

Mmmmm, only thinking yesterday the Fabia must be due a Facelift soon, doesn’t look like we will be seeing it this year though. I still think the current model looks fairly fresh, but give it 12 months....:D

Sounds like it is being revealed at Geneva, so likely to be built after the summer break

Of course, a facelift might be relatively minor : new lights, perhaps some new designs of wheels, some small changes to fittings, maybe a new paint colour

I cannot see anything major as there were new tsi engines few months ago, infotainment has already changed since launch, probably too early for a digital dashboard

Now if they introduced a version with 1.5 and DSG and a luxury trim, sensible wheel size for comfort (too old for harsh ride) and light interior including panoramic roof (yes I'm in my 50s so don't need a big family car) then I would seriously look at it.   If the new Seat Ibiza has option of twin climate controls why can't the Fabia (have they never heard of menopause, so other half keeps turning it to cold).  If I wanted a big car I could get Octavia size (but wife likes small easy to park size) and current Octavia is much bigger than older ones

Edited by SurreyJohn

On 26/01/2018 at 11:08, ffox said:

According to Auto Express the new SUV  will be based on the Rapid Spaceback, not the Fabia.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/91160/skoda-to-launch-new-small-crossover-in-2019

So.. as I said and like malcster has confirmed it's based on the Fabia.. not the Rapid..

@ Mk3EcoDrive:   I think the date on the article I found is more recent than the mootorauthority article or the rehashed photos.  I'm not sure what to believe - we will have to wait and see.  (I'd rather have the Fabia-based one .)

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

& more Click Bait. 

Next small SUV Maybebaby.

Skoda Vision X concept teased _ Carbuyer.mhtml

vision_x_3.jpg

vision_x_2.jpg

This is has come from an official Skoda Press release which also shows an inside mock up.   

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/news/2018-02-01-vision-x/

Basically it reads as a concept which is basically a rebadged Seat Arona with panoramic roof and 20 inch wheels.  In other words we will observe the comments at the Geneva show and then incorporate them into how we spec the small Skoda SUV

SKODA PRESS RELEASE,

Facelifted Fabia details

will be petrol only, all 1 litre 3 cylinder  (2 MPI and 2 TSI power outputs)

18 inch wheels option

Swing infotainment now has 6.5 inch screen, Amundsun also available with live info

LED lights

Tyre tread depth gauge now with ice scraper

https://media.skoda-auto.com/en/_layouts/Skoda.PRPortal/pressrelease.aspx?ID=1378

Edited by SurreyJohn
typo
  • Thanks 2

Looks good to me. More mature looking than the current car I think, and I like the new lights. I'm surprised they didn't move the radar sensor for the front assist to behind a blanked off bit of the main grille (below the Skoda badge) like on the rest of the range, but I guess there's little need to move it. The technology improvements sound good, but TBH that's not an area where I felt the current car is lacking in any way. Having proper LED headlamps as an option though makes up for a big area of shortfall in the current car!

Now if only they sort out the lack of one-touch windows....

Sensible improvements, but how much will it all cost ?

As an example, some of these features can be added to a SE spec Octavia and can add £1k - £2k

Whilst the more basic Fabias are fair value for money, if you want SE-L spec and DSG, can easily be nudging £20k which is a lot of money, and you are having to add features at extra cost to match the spec of SE Octavia.  As the Octavia gets extra £1000 deposit allowance (on PCP) a spec'd up Fabia ends up in same price bracket.   If price is pushed up to cover the new equipment, top spec Fabia could end up worst value than bigger car

I like the look of it from what I seen on the skoda Facebook page, think they need to give more engine choice ie bigger engines, but is a this a sign to killing off the Diesel engine.

i recently bought my mark 3 Fabia and it's a impressive little car so the facelift can only get better.

Davy

• Like 1

I don’t think it looks as good as the current model personally. I can see why they’ve killed off the diesel but as a high-mileage driver there is now no decent option for me if I were to consider another Fabia (which I’m not). 

I’ve had both 1.2 and 1.0 TSIs as courtesy cars and they’re very nice engines but I’ve never been able to get decent enough fuel economy on the long motorway haul that I do - especially considering my TDI 105 only manages 57mpg on average. The best I managed out of the 1.0 was about 45mpg across 100 miles. So I’ll probably be looking elsewhere (likely not diesel anyway) for the next car. 

Tech improvements seem welcome but would’ve been good to see pics of the revamped interior that is mentioned in the Autocar article. 

Edited by Octy09

4 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

They need a decent engine now. 1.5 TSI would be good

Agree.  Have been telling this to Skoda for a couple of years. My wife has a mk2 Fabia but will be switching to the Ibiza or Fiesta if they don’t add a decent / quick petrol engine in the next year.  She’s not interested in the Karoq as too big like my Octavia

Edited by Reddazforever