Fabia mk3 Red Line, have Skoda lost the plot?

The stickers are removable.

I recently looked at a few redlines pre registered at my local dealer. It is as bad as it looks in the picture!

The kids thought the stripe was brilliant, I suspect if you look underneath the Redline it has “Hotwheels” stamped on it. :D

The dealer did offer to remove the stickers if I was interested.

No ta......:wondering:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pumatron said:

The stickers are removable.

I recently looked at a few redlines pre registered at my local dealer. It is as bad as it looks in the picture!

The kids thought the stripe was brilliant, I suspect if you look underneath the Redline it has “Hotwheels” stamped on it. :D

The dealer did offer to remove the stickers if I was interested.

No ta......:wondering:

Wow !!

Re. BiB It looks pretty damn hideous in a photo - so that's saying something !

As for the name, and colour scheme - what were they thinking ?  As they say a picture paints a 1000 words..

The Fabia Red Stripe :-s

Looking at that picture again, it would be more suited and less inappropriate to title it Fabia Roadkill..

I want strong lager now for some strange reason.. :blink:

1 hour ago, Kobayashi said:

the white part of the stripe does not even blend well with the bonnet! 

For some reason I want to grab it by the roof, pull it back, let it go and watch it zoom off under the sofa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ettlz said:

For some reason I want to grab it by the roof, pull it back, let it go and watch it zoom off under the sofa.

:biggrin:

The Fabia Fowl

Thought of another new name for this comedy-mobile...best kept to myself !!

A Cunning Stunt from the Skoda Media  / Sales team,  just offer something that there was in articles 2 years back and it gets Magazine & Forum / Social Media space where sales are flagging of a model.

Even if many people do not like it some will buy those available,

even if to remove the sticklers on ones Skoda have Registered & at Dealerships.

http://skoda.co.uk/models/fabia-hatch 

It has people looking at what other versions there are of All New Third Generation Fabia, and then the teasing has started on the Face Lift models.

That will be the 5 the generation Fabia then really if you count facelifts in the models since 1999.

Edited by AwaoffSki

Yes, this is just a marketing stunt to try and boost sales

Personally wouldn’t want one

However if they did an SE-L plus trim with some of the toys in the Kodiaq I would be interested.  Why we can’t have small and comfortable with sensible winter features (like heated front screens and all season tyres)  without the mobile office tech (pointless on a short trip to shops).

The Yeti did well with newly retired (not too big, available with luxury features), but it has gone, and replaced by something too big for Fabia drivers.  Now Skoda has abandoned (the relatively rich) baby boom generation with cars like redline

• Like 1

That is what is needed, a Fabia 'Vanden Plas'.   All the gear that people need.  

Comfortable, practical, and 'Simply Clever',  tack a chrome grill on the front. Put in a Umbrella, Shopping Trolley Bags, & no need from an Ice Scraper in the filler flap.

Maybe the copyright on the name 'Vanden Plas' is available.

Might come as a trim level when the new Fabia (Arona) Based SUV appears. 

Easy in easy out seating and see all around you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

Might come as a trim level when the new Fabia (Arona) Based SUV appears. 

Easy in easy out seating and see all around you.

Another SUV? really?  So, Karoq and Kodiaq are not enough.. I liked the first edition Yeti, shame its gone the way of the dinosaur.. now Skoda just seem to be copying everyone else with no originality what-so-ever in the SUV market.. and can they not just kill off the Rapid and bring back the Yeti?

Yes a Fabia platform (Polo, Ibiza. A2) kind of thing.

Yeti never sold enough from 2009 to now, hence there are still ones unsold right now.

I have driven an Arona FR 1.0 TSI DSG and it was rather good.

Driven a 1.5 TSI DSG Karoq and the Bridgestone Dueller tyres on it were a disgrace, 

as was the 50 PSI Tyre pressures it was handed over with.

Worth taking a road test in one of these.

0e34c262c7a3df18812122b29a733781dc1f4041.jpg

seat-arona-rear-cornering.jpg

DSCN3585.JPG.0b0daee360066ef2bbd307d86ae892a5.JPG

Edited by AwaoffSki

3 hours ago, skodaTDI said:

Another SUV? really?  So, Karoq and Kodiaq are not enough.. I liked the first edition Yeti, shame its gone the way of the dinosaur.. now Skoda just seem to be copying everyone else with no originality what-so-ever in the SUV market.. and can they not just kill off the Rapid and bring back the Yeti?

Yes, all very copycat. I looked at a Karoq recently and didn’t like it at all. 

I think SUVs are basically the MPVs of the mid 2000s - when everyone was jumping on the bandwagon to make one. 

13 minutes ago, Octy09 said:

I think SUVs are basically the MPVs of the mid 2000s - when everyone was jumping on the bandwagon to make one. 

Totally agree here!

Don't think Skoda have lost the plot with the 'Redline' Fabia though. It's just a special edition. Lots of manufacturers make some pretty hideous special editions, but they're just one of many options. I wouldn't buy one, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

Redline also comes with the 6 speed 110ps 1.0tsi.  We're just about to get into one after some truly ridiculous faffing around at various dealerships.  We almost had a Colour Edition in white, but were' stoked when another dealer came back with the Redline.  Mirror caps are being replaced with black and the stickers are coming OFF!  Other than that - it's a well-specced motor with a great engine for the motorway.  Chuffed.  :)  Hell - I might even get the roof and spoiler wrapped in gloss black too - looked tidy-nice on the Colour Edition.  :D

4 hours ago, Raker said:

Redline also comes with the 6 speed 110ps 1.0tsi.  We're just about to get into one after some truly ridiculous faffing around at various dealerships.  We almost had a Colour Edition in white, but were' stoked when another dealer came back with the Redline.  Mirror caps are being replaced with black and the stickers are coming OFF!  Other than that - it's a well-specced motor with a great engine for the motorway.  Chuffed.  :)  Hell - I might even get the roof and spoiler wrapped in gloss black too - looked tidy-nice on the Colour Edition.  :D

Yes my local dealer had a pre registered for less than £11k. I liked the seats and the fact it would of been easy to remove the stickers and door mirror caps but the pre registration would of meant it would of been almost impossible to add the 2 years additional factory warranty.

Also wanted a few other options that were not available, so unfortunately I had to walk away from that one. 

I did like the extra power of the redline over the engines available in the color edition. 

Sounds like you got a good deal though (especially the redline removal!), enjoy the car! :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pumatron said:

Yes my local dealer had a pre registered for less than £11k. I liked the seats and the fact it would of been easy to remove the stickers and door mirror caps but the pre registration would of meant it would of been almost impossible to add the 2 years additional factory warranty.

Also wanted a few other options that were not available, so unfortunately I had to walk away from that one. 

I did like the extra power of the redline over the engines available in the color edition. 

Sounds like you got a good deal though (especially the redline removal!), enjoy the car! :)

Thanks fella.  :)